MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    ಠ_ಠ
    Well his strengths include his strong ability to be diplomatic. What I like about Obama is that he thankfully, almost immediately, salvaged the way much the rest of the world views America (and that is serious, Bush terrified me with how much he was making the rest of the world despise our country). He absolutely has the charm and diplomacy of an ENFJ, which is why I went for that type for him in the first place.

But unfortunately, I think diplomacy is TOO important to him, that it's overriding things that are more important. His stance is much too geared to alienating as few people as possible...I mean, that's nice, but some issues have to be handled with some kind of strategy and intelligence other than diplomacy.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by kelric View Post
    Yeah -- as disappointed as I am in Obama, he'll be getting my vote (and unfortunately, he knows this about me and others like me). I live in a "swing state", so it's more or less the only sane option (as anyone capable of getting through the Republican primary would be even worse). But you're wrong when it comes to the bolded... voting for a third party candidate absolutely does help someone win -- or more specifically, *lose*. Unfortunately voting for a third-party candidate in the US almost always does little more than hurt the big-party candidate you'd prefer.

If I thought it would do any good... give me a Bernie Sanders/Dennis Kucinich ticket. But if they weren't the actual democratic nominees, I'd *have* to vote for Obama anyway. "First past the post" elections suck. But if there were an actual democratic primary this election cycle, Obama would have a *lot* to show me before I'd consider giving him my vote.
    If I was really naive and idealistic about large scale politics, I'd vote Green Party. That might work practically in some other countries but not in the U.S. It would just be dumb to do so, and I have to go with what is actually going to work to potentially get something done.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Well his strengths include his strong ability to be diplomatic. What I like about Obama is that he thankfully, almost immediately, salvaged the way much the rest of the world views America (and that is serious, Bush terrified me with how much he was making the rest of the world despise our country). He absolutely has the charm and diplomacy of an ENFJ, which is why I went for that type for him in the first place.

But unfortunately, I think diplomacy is TOO important to him, that it's overriding things that are more important. His stance is much too geared to alienating as few people as possible...I mean, that's nice, but some issues have to be handled with some kind of strategy and intelligence other than diplomacy.
    Ah, this much I can agree with.

(Sorry 'bout that, but you insult Fe-doms, you insult my poppa. )

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Ah, this much I can agree with.

(Sorry 'bout that, but you insult Fe-doms, you insult my poppa. )
    I didn't insult Fe doms, I just indicated it's most likely the strategy of some Fe doms. Just like how Vladimir Putin is undeniably INTJ.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I didn't insult Fe doms, I just indicated it's most likely the strategy of some Fe doms. Just like how Vladimir Putin is undeniably INTJ.
    I just meant I thought you were calling them "wishy-washy". Sorry if I misinterpreted you.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I just meant I thought you were calling them "wishy-washy". Sorry if I misinterpreted you.
    No I don't think all Fe doms are wishy-washy, but I do think an Fe dom with an over-emphasis on diplomacy would be most likely to try to please everyone. One of the strengths of healthy, balanced Fe dom/aux is that they try to mediate...they try not to take sides and make solid compromises for social harmony. I'm saying Obama, as an Fe dom, is making way too many compromises, it is both the crowning jewel and the shocking failure of his presidency.

I think if he were ENTP he'd simply turn on the Fe charm when necessary, but rely more on Ti for handling decisions. I also think an ENFP would be more tenacious in their Fi convictions even if they knew they had to make some shifts and compromises to be realistic because of their tertiary Te.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I find it funny how every move someone makes (in this case Obama) is automatically viewed through the MBTI lens here.

I wouldn't presume to type someone based on their public identity.

Most of the things used to describe him as ENFJ I would attribute to political savvy as opposed to a specific aspect of his character.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    I find it funny how every move someone makes (in this case Obama) is automatically viewed through the MBTI lens here.

I wouldn't presume to type someone based on their public identity.

Most of the things used to describe him as ENFJ I would attribute to political savvy as opposed to a specific aspect of his character.
    Because his methods are entirely different than, say, Bush's. Bush would never compromise the way Obama has.

It's things like that.

Putin would probably be boiled in oil rather than act like Obama, same for Margaret Thatcher...

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

P.S. Had Hillary Clinton won, she wouldn't have compromised this much, either.

And she's either ISTJ or INTJ.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Oh well, it's been pretty nice getting to sit back and let you defeat yourselves.

*reclines in lawn chair with a beer*