User Tag List

123 Last

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Default "Registering the Poor to Vote is Un-American"

Why are left-wing activist groups so keen on registering the poor to vote?

Because they know the poor can be counted on to vote themselves more benefits by electing redistributionist politicians. Welfare recipients are particularly open to demagoguery and bribery.

Registering them to vote is like handing out burglary tools to criminals. It is profoundly antisocial and un-American to empower the nonproductive segments of the population to destroy the country -- which is precisely why Barack Obama zealously supports registering welfare recipients to vote.
    Encouraging those who burden society to participate in elections isn't about helping the poor. It's about helping the poor to help themselves to others' money. It's about raw so-called social justice. It's about moving America ever farther away from the small-government ideals of the Founding Fathers.
    Full article

A friend linked an article to me today. I thought I'd heard it all.

I find all this rather disturbing (the comments section included). Have people really lost this much touch with reality that they actually believe this sort of hypocritical, delusional nonsense?
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

These are our long-term care psychiatric institutional inmates anarcho-capitalist libertarians. Say hi!

My favorite comment has to be the guy who is complaining that people other than white men can vote. First the blacks! Then the women!

It's almost like a comedy parody skit, except it's not, it's just a crazy person who entirely lacks self-awareness.

Who else notices a strong parallel between fundamentalist Christians who believe in very odd things and terrorize people, and this particular sector of the libertarian movement? It's the same fucking psychology. It's the same type of person...except the atheist version.

I wonder if there's a word for what is wrong with these people, and why it keeps happening in the United States.

Real-life satire. Great.

MBTI
    INTj

Extreme right and left wing views are equally closed minded and silly. The author forget that the rich elite is kept in their position of privilege primarily by the ignorant poor who are easily manipulated to champion their cause.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Real-life satire. Great.
    Truth is so much better than fiction, isn't it

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    Truth is so much better than fiction, isn't it
    Unfortunately, it is more real as well.

A great deal of the information in that article is correct, but is presented through one of those wavy Republican/circus mirrors. I'm in favor of mobilizing groups of people to vote, as long as they aren't coerced or manipulated(which they often are) and as long as the people mobilizing them provide them with non-partisan information(which they rarely are), since most people are too apathetic/lazy/preoccupied to actually inform themselves(American Idol/60 hour work weeks/etc). Unfortunately, most poor Americans are barely literate and have no fucking clue when it comes to politics, although quite a few of them are resourceful enough to survive(stealing copper pipe from abandoned houses/selling meth/fucking people for money) without the benefit of a basic education(which public schools don't always provide). The problems of apathy and lack of education and dependence on government are just symptoms of a sick society that needs to be murdered and reincarnated as something else. Constitutional Republic here is total fail.

One of the comments:

This article needs to find its way to younger people who insist that their parent's baby boomer generation is a burden to America. If American is to go forward on the shoulders of the entitlement class, where exactly will they lead us, and what is the value of efforts of the educated? The obvious next step in the Marxist plan is outright class war. Are we there yet, or will it be in 2012?
    This is interesting because the author of this comment is apparently unaware that the baby boomer generation costs the United States over 1 Trillion in Social Security and Medicare(estimates that only 50% of retirees actually need these two programs), making it the largest entitlement class in the USA (whereas Defense only costs about 700 billion and non-retirement welfare is around 500 billion) lololololol.

At some point in the near future it'll be necessary to get rid of many many people on the planet, unless we have a series of devastating natural or man-made disasters to cull the herd. Just throwing that out there. lolololol.

Notice my gratuitous use of () and /
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    INTP

Unfortunately, it is more real as well.
    I've been trying to root myself more in reality

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    I've been trying to root myself more in reality
    I have seen you eat raw fish. I think you do it wrong.

MBTI
    INTP

I have seen you eat raw fish. I think you do it wrong.
    How would you eat raw fish?