User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Quote Originally Posted by yakimadude View Post
    I Love love love the idea of people being responsible for themselves and only through the consequence of their actions, they are punished or rewarded. they are the only thing which their fate rest but reality is separate from ideals, and reality is separate from other realities that other individuals live. to a degree, color of skin bares +/- influence to success, where the doors of opportunity open wide, or slam shut. you will be profiles as a criminal or be trusted by a nice little old lady to watch her purse while she uses the restroom. if you will be perceived as being professional or capable of being professional or not. looking at some old news clippings, I guess it also determines if you will be wrongly accused put to death, or lose 40 years of your life.

I think you will find this still in agreement with quoted article

Yes, those realities exist. We live in a world where racism still taints many aspects of the justice system and political system. But, the power to change those things rests with each black person.

As hard as I try I still have biases and prejudices against black people. But, with each upstanding black person I meet and befriend that racism dissipates a little. It dissipates a great deal when I meet black people who are not only upstanding citizens, but have such wisdom and character that I aspire to be like them.

I believe in the power of black people to change the system through there own efforts. Black people deserve what everyone else deserves: Not equal results, but equal opportunity. To rig the system to give them equal results is to rob them of dignity.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Beefeater View Post
    Yes, those realities exist. We live in a world where racism still taints many aspects of the justice system and political system. But, the power to change those things rests with each black person.

As hard as I try I still have biases and prejudices against black people. But, with each upstanding black person I meet and befriend that racism dissipates a little. It dissipates a great deal when I meet black people who are not only upstanding citizens, but have such wisdom and character that I aspire to be like them.

I believe in the power of black people to change the system through there own efforts. Black people deserve what everyone else deserves: Not equal results, but equal opportunity. To rig the system to give them equal results is to rob them of dignity.
    This entire speech strikes me as highly hypocritical.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Quote Originally Posted by Falcarius View Post
    Fancy explaining to our American gerrymanders what  Bjelkemander is?
    Australia has compulsory voting under our independent Electoral Commission so it is impossible to gerrymander a Federal Election.

However Joh Bjelke-Petersen did manage to gerrymander a State election. However we completely discredited him and removed his gerrymander.

The Australian Electoral Commission is completely independent and is a model for the rest of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post

Why?

Smile One vote, one value.

The West lives by two values - freedom and equality.

Equality gives us one vote, one value.

And the value of equality is fully realised in Australia where we are all on the Electoral Roll and all are encouraged to vote.

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Australia has compulsory voting under our independent Electoral Commission so it is impossible to gerrymander a Federal Election.

However Joh Bjelke-Petersen did manage to gerrymander a State election. However we completely discredited him and removed his gerrymander.

The Australian Electoral Commission is completely independent and is a model for the rest of the world.
    You also forget to mention how the federal election was gerrymandered by electoral boundaries. Which kept out of office your present political idol's, in your avatar, political party for the best part of a quarter of a century. Three years after braking the gerrymandered electoral boundaries a 'constitutional coup d'etat' was carried out with the help of Bjelke-Petersen.

Bjelke-Petersen made Richard Nixon look like an honourable person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

he @Beefeater is aware things are unfair still and those laws in place to protect people against things like racism should be removed, so they can have their dignity

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Why?
    I'm sick of white people failing to take responsibility for their own racism.

I'm sick of white people failing to take responsibility for their own racism.
    Me too. Especially when I don't take responsibility for my own racism.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Me too. Especially when I don't take responsibility for my own racism.
    Heh. Then you must be pretty fucking sick.