MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Beefeater View Post
    Wrong.

Virtue is much more needed than education.
    I hope this doesn't translate into "you don't need no schoolin' as long as you go to church. You don't need to know no science or history that ain't in the Bible."

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    To be honest, I don't think that the idiotic author of this article nor the dip-shit commentators should be allowed to vote; letting the biased and ignorant vote is un-American.
    I bet you've got your biases/ignorance as well - as 99% of us do, if not al of us.

He's just vocally exposing them. Even so, if he supported a stance YOU felt was 100% right, but didn't have the facts on the subject - I'll bet you'd look the other way.

This isn't aimed at you personally - more generally. Just using you as an example.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

I agree that virtue is important, but knowledge follows close behind. I don't think knowledge is virtue, because I'm not Greek? In an election, virtuous voters, as opposed to voters who are simply educated, will be more likely to vote for what's best for the country, state or municipality rather than for personal gain.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Isn't virtue frequently taught?
    Yes, but virtue is only taught by those that love. Family and community are capable of the love that produces virtue and thus allows for real education to take place. The state is not capable of love, but only coercion and manipulation, or as the bumper sticker states, "it's hard to hug when you have nuclear arms."

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I hope this doesn't translate into "you don't need no schoolin' as long as you go to church. You don't need to know no science or history that ain't in the Bible."
    Yes.

That's exactly what I meant.

You know how I hate book lernin.

Perhaps I should repay you in kind and just presume that you are so ignorant and naive that you don't realize that knowledge of history and science is neutral and can be used for great good or great evil. Anyone with a good knowledge of history knows this to be true.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Beefeater View Post
    Perhaps I should repay you in kind and just presume that you are so ignorant and naive that you don't realize that knowledge of history and science is neutral and can be used for great good or great evil. Anyone with a good knowledge of history knows this to be true.
    In all fairness, you original comment was so ambiguous that it was impossible to agree or disagree with it without making inferences. The same goes for your response.

Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    In all fairness, you original comment was so ambiguous that it was impossible to agree or disagree with it without making inferences. The same goes for your response.
    Marm has interacted with me plenty enough on here and vent to know I'm no fan of book burning. But, even without that it's just rude to presume the absolute worst when someone makes an apparently ambiguous statement.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

Disenfranchised Black Men

Quote Originally Posted by LEGERdeMAIN View Post
    The only disenfranchised group in the USA that I'm aware of are felons.
    The war on drugs is a failure as far as drugs are concerned but is a great success in turning black men into felons.

Essentially the war on drugs is the continuation of slavery at home and has the added advantage as a cover for fighting insurgencies abroad.

Just look at America's private prisons - they are chock-a-block full of disenfranched black men.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    The war on drugs is a failure as far as drugs are concerned but is a great success in turning black men into felons.

Essentially the war on drugs is the continuation of slavery at home and has the added advantage as a cover for fighting insurgencies abroad.

Just look at America's private prisons - they are chock-a-block full of disenfranched black men.
    I agree. Drug laws in the U.S. are archaic and we desperately need reform. Much like Australia, we need to reform our "justice" system so that our non-white citizens aren't convicted at such high rates for crimes that shouldn't be crimes at all.

2.4 % of Americans cannot vote due to convictions, while 8.3% of blacks are disenfranchised. That's a high number, but a majority of the disenfranchised are not black. I wouldn't equate disenfranchisement with slavery, or more specifically, slavery of black men.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Well, they're outdated. If they were truly archaic everything would be legal, like it was 100 years ago.

MBTI
    FREE

I think leger is onto something here. We should have an affirmative action justice system; one tailored to have an equal representation from all demographic groups. Why have less Asians in the system than Blacks? We should strive for across the board equal imprisonment of all races, sexes, religions, etc. If laws need to be adjusted to meet those goals then so be it. More whites? Make mayo illegal! More women? Adopt some middle eastern policies! etc etc
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]