First 891011 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Beefeater View Post
    I think it's the responsibility of all people to get rid of racism. I'm not laying blame on black people I'm saying that each individual has the power to change the racial climate in America. I want all people to feel empowered not filled with guilt.

And you were being ignorant or at the very least when given the opportunity to clear yourself of any perceived ignorance you chose to make a snide remark.

If you look at the thread you are the first one to imply degrees of racism by stating that I must be "pretty fucking sick" implying that I am "more" racist.

Any child that has read the boy who called wolf knows the danger of falsely raising an alarm.
    Waffle. You've managed to waste an inordinate amount of words with your BS.

And who would be "filled with guilt" except complacent racists?

Let me break it down for you.

You said the following:

As hard as I try I still have biases and prejudices against black people. But, with each upstanding black person I meet and befriend that racism dissipates a little. It dissipates a great deal when I meet black people who are not only upstanding citizens, but have such wisdom and character that I aspire to be like them.
    This has several problems.

1. It is not the responsibility of black people to diminish racism by "behaving."
    2. Making oneself palatable to white people does not qualify as combating racism.
    3. You should take responsibility for your own racism by understanding that fundamentally you are wrong to think such and such a thing about black people, regardless of how you perceive them as behaving. Then you would not hold the "bad" examples against the entire group.

P.S.- Don't paint yourself as the victim by crying about "he/she called me racist and I'm not! I swear!" It's old and pathetic.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Waffle. You've managed to waste an inordinate amount of words with your BS.
    Maybe if you viewed this as a time where you could inform and encourage rather than insult and tear down you wouldn't view my words as a waste. These are very delicate issues and your posture is not making the discussion of them any easier.

And who would be "filled with guilt" except complacent racists?

Lots of people feel guilty for things they shouldn't. It's really common actually.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Maybe if you viewed this as a time where you could inform and encourage rather than insult and tear down you wouldn't view my words as a waste.
    Hmmm, let me see...

Nope, no, I'm still pretty sure it's because your last post just had a bunch of nonsense.

These are very delicate issues and your posture is not making the discussion of them any easier.
    Who says it needs to be easy? This isn't the fucking feel good hour.

Lots of people feel guilty for things they shouldn't. It's really common actually.
    Sometimes guilt is real and it's important to deal with it instead of rationalizing it away.

Ok, I'm done.

You don't have any interest in having a civil conversation.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Ok, I'm done.

You don't have any interest in having a civil conversation.
    You were done a long time ago.

@Orangey Congrats. After almost three years of arguing on this site you are the first to go on my ignore list.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

I'll be sure to shed a tear.

I would think that someone who painted it as the responsibility of black people to do away with racism (your own, no less) would want to avoid throwing around the term "ignorant."

What's more, there is no "real racism." That would imply that there is "fake racism," or a racism that is of lesser importance or severity. Wrong. Racism is racism, regardless of form.
    There's a difference between dragging someone by the neck behind a pick-up truck for having a certain color of skin and choosing not to date members of a certain race. Both are examples of racism, one is definitely of less importance and less severe than the other.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Full article

A friend linked an article to me today. I thought I'd heard it all.

I find all this rather disturbing (the comments section included). Have people really lost this much touch with reality that they actually believe this sort of hypocritical, delusional nonsense?
    This is probably a rehtorical post [or thread] but anyway, it just looks like the cut and thrust of politics too me, although while it has a keen eye for the possibiliity of one constituency voting in line with its possible or potential interests it doesnt have that much of a keen eye to another doing exactly the same, the rich, who'll dodge their responsibility to contribute through taxation at every opportunity and even persuade those others who have to carry more of the burden as a consequence that its a great idea they are doing so and that they should try to also [even though its unlikely they will ever be in a position of wealth management like them].

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by LEGERdeMAIN View Post
    There's a difference between dragging someone by the neck behind a pick-up truck for having a certain color of skin and choosing not to date members of a certain race. Both are examples of racism, one is definitely of less importance and less severe than the other.
    Less severe, yes. Less important, no. This is why people start thinking (mistakenly) that because there are no more lynchings and racial violence has been reduced, that racism has somehow been obliterated. Or that the racism that hasn't been obliterated isn't important anyway.