User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I know she's doing well. In a way it scares me, but I also highly doubt she will win. Like I said, possibly strategically they don't want to "tame" her. But just in a general human, non-political way, she needs to STFU. Her input can't possibly be adding anything positive to this country.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Anyway. Didn't mean to hijack the thread.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    I know she's doing well. In a way it scares me, but I also highly doubt she will win. Like I said, possibly strategically they don't want to "tame" her. But just in a general human, non-political way, she needs to STFU. Her input can't possibly be adding anything positive to this country.
    I would disagree with that. I think getting some actual hardcore fiscal conservatives into the GOP is definitely a good thing, especially after the Big Government conservatism of the Bush years.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    That is true, but they still need to get her under control. Not for election purposes, just in general.
    They'll need a straightjacket and a muzzle.

MBTI
    ESFJ

This should be retweeted to every member of the CBC. Congratulations, folks; you've made the Tea Partiers look like the reasonable ones here.

http://thehill.com/blogs/twitter-roo...ers-get-a-grip

P.S. I love the "get a grip." I find it refreshing that people in Washington are actually being confrontational with each other nowadays.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

The statements seems over-the-top and inflammatory, but then so does most of every thing that gets a Republican into the news these days. I'm not sure that trying to be sober minded and polite had helped Democrats at all.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    The statements seems over-the-top and inflammatory, but then so does most of every thing that gets a Republican into the news these days. I'm not sure that trying to be sober minded and polite had helped Democrats at all.
    Really? Huntsman just announced his plan for long-term job growth, and there are some pretty exciting and sane ideas in there. I don't think it behooves Congressional Democrats to look like members of the loony left heading into 2012. Obama probably cringed when he heard of these remarks, especially given his biracial background. Many black voters will expect him to stand behind these colleagues, but he will look like an extremist himself if he does. And extremism does not wear well on him, given his personality.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Here's the same story at politico: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0811/62396.html
    Responding to article:

I don't think yelling 'you lie', however inappropriate and disrespectful to the office, is anywhere near as bad as Carson's comments (that 'baby-killer' remark is a fair comparison, though).

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    All this will do is improve Republican prospects, especially in Indiana.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Really? Huntsman just announced his plan for long-term job growth, and there are some pretty exciting and sane ideas in there.
    Funny that you mentioned Huntsman. He does deserve some mention. He's in last place in the Republican presidential race, and he only very recently got into the news at all, and how has he done it? He's basically done it by saying "I'm the one that isn't insane". He's truly the exception that proves the rule. He's now campaigning on it.

Not that I'd vote for him. His tax plan is a travesty like Ryan's.

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I don't think it behooves Congressional Democrats to look like members of the loony left heading into 2012. Obama probably cringed when he heard of these remarks, especially given his biracial background. Many black voters will expect him to stand behind these colleagues, but he will look like an extremist himself if he does. And extremism does not wear well on him, given his personality.
    That may unfortunately be an inherent problem with Obama, I concede. Democrats needed FDR right about now, and they got something between Carter and Wilson.
    I don't think racial tension is a particularly good topic to go for (though how long does one let it implicitly bubble in the language of the right-wing without addressing it?), but perhaps Democrats should take that tone with things that are more likely to receive wide acceptance.
    Go to sleep, iguana.