User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Default Libertarian Purity Test

Libertarian Purity Test

I didn't score as high as I thought I would (only a 53). Perhaps I'm more of an authoritarian than I thought.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INTJ

I scored higher than I thought (18), probably it's the internationalism speaking.

36- higher than I thought. I was rather sympathetic with the Freedman section, but disagreed with almost all the rest.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

26. I guess my indoctrination at the hands of Independent Fundamental Baptists hasn't been totally purged.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    OMNi

If you were a true libertarian, with truly liberal economic and social views, then wouldn't that make you an anarchist?

And my score was 38.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

42 points.

However, I consider libertarianism to be one of the most selfish, nonsensical ideology that ever existed. Like with any frenzied ideology, should libertarianism be implemented to the letter, I fear the death toll would be comparable to the fiercest communist regimes.

Communism and libertarianism are the two heads of the same coin. They share a lot of common analysis (thank you, mister Ricardo!), only their conclusions differ. But somehow, they are both totalitarian in their essence, ennemies of humanistic values.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

17- my beleif in the legalization of drugs and letting people sleep with whoever they choose to was what got me that high!

Of course there was an American bias to that test Blackmail!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFP

Your Libertarian Purity Score is - 100

cheers,
    Ian

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

"0 points: You are not a libertarian by any stretch of the imagination. You are probably not even a liberal or a conservative. Just some Nazi nut, I guess."

I'm a communist, and I hate libertarian ideals.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    42 points.

However, I consider libertarianism to be one of the most selfish, nonsensical ideology that ever existed. Like with any frenzied ideology, should libertarianism be implemented to the letter, I fear the death toll would be comparable to the fiercest communist regimes.

Communism and libertarianism are the two heads of the same coin. They share a lot of common analysis (thank you, mister Ricardo!), only their conclusions differ. But somehow, they are both totalitarian in their essence, ennemies of humanistic values.
    Wow, that reasoning is mindboggling. How would small government, free markets, and individual liberties be totalitarian? Isn't that a contradiction in terms?
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"