User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 59

  1. #31
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,907

    Default

    I am that rare bird that does not usually oppose higher taxes.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  2. #32
    Feline Member kelric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INtP
    Posts
    2,169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Razor View Post
    My score is 16, some of those questions seemed pretty scary to have as actually political views.
    Same here... on the score and the scary questions. Privatize the courts and all law enforcement (for example)? Eek. Makes a good Neal Stephenson novel, but a pretty bad future.

  3. #33
    Senior Member htb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    1,506

    Default

    52. That's accurate, as I've moved towards small-l libertarianism.

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Unless you're a Bush-ite Republican, and you think that cutting taxes magically increases revenue.
    No, that just applies to those who comprehend factually supported line graphs.

  4. #34
    Senior Member bluebell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,478

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Razor View Post
    My score is 16, some of those questions seemed pretty scary to have as actually political views.
    Same - both score, and comment. I trust government (note that I'm using the word government, not politicians!) more than I'd ever trust private corporations.

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    17.

    Honestly, by their description, 17 might be a little too high.
    And I think that some of these ideas are insane.
    How can people say yes to them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I am that rare bird that does not usually oppose higher taxes.
    And ditto.
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

  5. #35
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by htb View Post
    52. That's accurate, as I've moved towards small-l libertarianism.

    No, that just applies to those who comprehend factually supported line graphs.
    Bill Clinton could show the increase in revenue after marginal income tax rates were raised in his first term. Unless marginal income tax rates are outrageously high (like pre-Reagan), minor tax cuts end up having a negligible effect on short-term government revenue. It's not a big deal to me, though. I WANT the government to have less money coming in, so it will have less money going out. The money should be in the taxpayers' hands to begin with.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  6. #36
    Senior Member htb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    1,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Bill Clinton could show the increase in revenue after marginal income tax rates were raised in his first term. Unless marginal income tax rates are outrageously high (like pre-Reagan), minor tax cuts end up having a negligible effect on short-term government revenue.
    Bill Clinton's presidency, in terms of policy, is alloyed by a Republican Congress from 1995 onward -- especially since Clinton himself signed tax cuts into law during the latter term. Your second point isn't relevant, since the original claim was of operation of supply-side and not the degree of its implementation.

    It's not a big deal to me, though. I WANT the government to have less money coming in, so it will have less money going out. The money should be in the taxpayers' hands to begin with.
    Then there's nothing to argue about!

  7. #37
    Senior Member Mr Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    294

    Default

    125
    91-130 points: You have entered the heady realm of hard-core libertarianism. Now doesn't that make you feel worse that you didn't get a perfect score?
    But sir, your opinion is wrong.
    TANSTAAFL!

  8. #38
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Galt View Post
    125
    91-130 points: You have entered the heady realm of hard-core libertarianism. Now doesn't that make you feel worse that you didn't get a perfect score?
    Galt, I'd be interested to know to which few questions you answered "No."

    BTW, I am reading about the political and critical reception of Atlas Shrugged in Brian Doherty's Radicals for Capitalism. Very cool stuff, even though I am not an Objectivist myself.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  9. #39
    Senior Member Mr Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Galt, I'd be interested to know to which few questions you answered "No."

    BTW, I am reading about the political and critical reception of Atlas Shrugged in Brian Doherty's Radicals for Capitalism. Very cool stuff, even though I am not an Objectivist myself.
    Mostly topics that I have not yet devised a system under which they could be privatized. Also I said that civilian casualties do not necessarily constitute murder.
    But sir, your opinion is wrong.
    TANSTAAFL!

  10. #40
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Galt View Post
    Mostly topics that I have not yet devised a system under which they could be privatized. Also I said that civilian casualties do not necessarily constitute murder.
    Murray Rothbard and David Friedman wrote quite a bit on privatization of pretty much everything. Have you read any of their stuff?
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Similar Threads

  1. Liberatarian Purity Test
    By Such Irony in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 03-21-2012, 05:48 PM
  2. The Honest-to-Satan Libertarian Test
    By Speed Gavroche in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 02-03-2010, 10:01 AM
  3. The Engineering Purity Test
    By entropie in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-19-2009, 02:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO