9 5.29%
  • Could tolerate gay couples, but can't tolerate gay marriages

9 5.29%
  • Can't tolerate gay marriages or couples

3 1.76%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 94957585960 Last

SingSmileShine

I'm sorry. I'm a very tolerant person, but the one type of person I cannot bear is the homophobe. THAT is where I draw the line. I don't understand why people can marry and divorce after mere hours, spend enough money on weddings to feed a country (looking at you, Ms. Kardashian), and cheat on their husbands and wives legally whereas two gay men or women who want to live loyal, happy marriages and possibly adopt some helpless children cannot.

Today the leader of the Gay Marriage Push, Rodney Croome, is publicly arguing against Polyamourous Marriage and Islamic Marriage.

Rodney's problem is that the Polyamourous and the Islamic Marriage lobby are using the same argument of Rights as Rodney does for Gay Marriage.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/m...101314711.html

Majority of Americans support legalizing same-sex marriage, poll shows

A majority of Americans — 54% — say same-sex marriages should be legally recognized, while 42% are opposed, according to a CNN/ORC International Survey released Wednesday. The poll showed a sharp partisan divide on the issue, with seven in 10 Democrats as well as six in 10 independent voters saying same-sex marriages should be legal, and 72% of Republicans opposed...

...The poll also found that the number of Americans who say they know somebody who is gay has jumped from 49% in 2010 to 60% now.

The CNN poll was conducted by ORC International from May 29-31, with 1,009 adults nationwide questioned by telephone. The survey's overall sampling error is plus or minus 3 percentage points, with a sampling error of plus or minus 3.5 percentage points for registered voters.
    The Ninth U.S. Circuit Appeals Court in San Francisco also has declined to revisit its earlier decision that ruled California's Proposition 8 unconstitutional. At this point, I guess it does become a SCOTUS issue.

I'd like to say the trend is more clear, but it's rather erratic. Many of the state prohibitions against same-sex marriage occurred in the 2004-2006 (and a few in 2008) time period, but since 2008+, things have been trending slowly in favor of permitting same-sex marriage, very incrementally and polls increasingly say that it should be permitted, so it's hard to tell exactly the landscape is. Things definitely are still going to be ugly for some time between the time sides.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by SingSmileShine View Post
    I'm sorry. I'm a very tolerant person, but the one type of person I cannot bear is the homophobe. THAT is where I draw the line. I don't understand why people can marry and divorce after mere hours, spend enough money on weddings to feed a country (looking at you, Ms. Kardashian), and cheat on their husbands and wives legally whereas two gay men or women who want to live loyal, happy marriages and possibly adopt some helpless children cannot.
    i hear ya sister...

i want parents to be held responsible for not supporting their gay children...i want it to be considered child abuse by everyone...i want kids to be able to come out as soon as they are aware of their sexual identity...i can't stand anyone having to hide or feel shame in any way for it.

truly breaks my heart.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i hear ya sister...

i want parents to be held responsible for not supporting their gay children...i want it to be considered child abuse by everyone...i want kids to be able to come out as soon as they are aware of their sexual identity...i can't stand anyone having to hide or feel shame in any way for it.

truly breaks my heart.
    Yep... A guy I used to work with knew all through high school that he was gay....and even went out with girls to cover it up... In college he was finally tired of hiding it and came out to his parents. They kicked him out and disowned him. He ended up moving out to California. I felt so bad for him. You could definitely see that he was devastated by his parents reaction.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

not to mention all the suicides that happen as a result of it. selfish freakin parents grrrrr
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Harmony View Post
    In college he was finally tired of hiding it and came out to his parents. They kicked him out and disowned him. He ended up moving out to California. I felt so bad for him. You could definitely see that he was devastated by his parents reaction.
    That sad story is FAR too common.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    not to mention all the suicides that happen as a result of it. selfish freakin parents grrrrr
    Which in some of those parents eyes is a double whammy.... As they will say that being gay and committing suicide are both sins.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Harmony View Post
    Which in some of those parents eyes is a double whammy.... As they will say that being gay and committing suicide are both sins.
    I always loved that.

"Oh dear, he committed suicide. It only shows how being gay really messes you up and how badly he needed help to be cured."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I always loved that.

"Oh dear, he committed suicide. It only shows how being gay really messes you up and how badly he needed help to be cured."
    And yet... People still believe it's a choice. Sigh. Yes... People choose to be gay and then hide it for years out of fear of how others will treat them... Yep, sounds plausible to me.