First 7475556575859 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

http://news.yahoo.com/strong-support...-politics.html

Strong public support for same-sex marriage exceeds strong opposition by a significant margin for the first time in ABC News/Washington Post polls, and African-Americans have moved more in favor, perhaps taking their lead from Barack Obama on the issue.

Overall, 53 percent of Americans say gay marriage should be legal, steady the past year but up from 36 percent in just 2006. Thirty-nine percent "strongly" support it, while 32 percent are strongly opposed - the first time strong sentiment has tilted positive. Six years ago, by contrast, strong views on the issue were negative by a broad 27-point margin.

See PDF with full results here.
    http://www.langerresearch.com/upload...ayMarriage.pdf

Further, this poll, produced for ABC by Langer Research Associates, finds that support for gay marriage has reached a new high among African-Americans in ABC/Post polls, up from four in 10 in recent surveys to 59 percent now...
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Then again, I also fail to see how Adam and Eve (first two humans) had two sons, then said sons decided to go find wives. Irrational people will never really make much sense to me. lol.
    This is why I don't believe in a literalist interpretation. Obviously lots of events were dropped / tailored to the scripture -- the stories were meant to capture points of value to the culture, not be an exhaustive history reference.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Default Preach it brother Powell

Colin Powell favors same-sex marriage

Gen. Colin Powell said Wednesday on CNN's "The Situation Room" that he supports legal same-sex marriage, either at the state or federal level.

"I have no problem with it," he said in the interview, which will air at 5 p.m. ET. "In terms of the legal matter of creating a contract between two people that's called marriage, and allowing them to live together with the protection of law, it seems to me is the way we should be moving in this country. And so I support the president's decision."
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

^

My boy Colin!! Favorite modern public official.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    My boy Colin!! Favorite modern public official.
    I always respected him greatly. He was ill used by the previous administration.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    MBTI
    Enneagram
    0w0

no logical conclusion to support existing culture, Fe's and sensors desire for inoriginality understood.

however, Fe, the act of sharing values includes the negative aspects as well. as such, the fight between new and old values is only to be always expected among Se too as its the act of sharing world view, very similar to the act of sharing values.

new always wins in the end, as the new wouldnt exist were there no rational reasoning behind it to support its spread in the first place.

also, humans naturally programmed to attract into all speciemen filling potential mates qualities, regardless of gender. even in the presence of some integrating personal values of sexual preferance onto others, it cannot override natural instincts on gender neutrality which exists in our specie as a mean of primitive birth control to prevent males from over breeding with females over extense of resources available to support their existence in the tribe.

error, said state reached, someone nuke the africa. available nuclear weapons posess'd, convincing power holders necessary. ruthless birth control measurements necessary everywhere else as well. it is the will of force. mentioned actions unnecessary, estimation of premature extinction of the specie imbound.

bronies imbound, opposition is useless. your values will be shattered, and replaced. resistance is in vain. this, is the inevitable. you cannot resist ponies. watch, and you know i were right. you will be bent. its the way of nature, and nature wins always. better beats worse, always. your time is limited, enjoy the old while you can.
    your attempts are futile. this is the way of jedi, if i understood obi wan right?

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

its difficult to imagine why people still have issues. I have more issues with people who are violent and oppressive vs someone just trying to live their life and not trying to fuck me over.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

Just as we are in the throes of establishing same sex marriage, our Parliament has received a serious and well thought out submission for polyamourous marriage. And interestingly the same arguments used for same sex marriage are used for polyamourous marriage.

And we can expect the same arguments used for same sex marriage and polyamourous marriage will be used for Islamic marriage.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Just as we are in the throes of establishing same sex marriage, our Parliament has received a serious and well thought out submission for polyamourous marriage. And interestingly the same arguments used for same sex marriage are used for polyamourous marriage.
    I'm in favor of polyamorous marriage too, if its between consenting adults.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/