Multiple Choice Poll.
First 4445253545556 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post

Slight edit -

Yes this thread is about the Legal Concept of marriage, not the spiritual. But how is it possible to argue on such a discussion without dragging the spiritual in to it? Sigh!
    Regarding the legal concept, sure. No problems here.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Hah, good plan, sir.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Oh, I don't care about the word.
    Oh...

Well, for the future, a Populist is like a "man of the people".

It's, in a lot of ways, the opposite of an elite.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    What I mean is someone who turns with the wind. Do you imagine someone like that would be a good leader?
    Well, Bill Clinton was said to go with whatever the polls said.

Do you consider him a decent President?

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

It's funny, whenever i see "gay" couples being loving with each other in public (holding hands, smooching, looking adoringly into each others eyes...etc etc) I feel all joyful inside. It just makes me think....oooo...progress...and so sweet, havn't we all come a long way. I am glad i live in an area which is far more accepting than many others, it means people can be themselves, freedom to express love...yay!
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    One could imagine that in Lark's nightmare universe (where there are only gay people ) that someone might react similarly seeing a mixed-sex couple kiss for the same time.
    Have you read Ursula LeGuin's The Left Hand of Darkness? It describes a race of androgynes, each person is capable of taking on either masculine or feminine physiology and sexuality. Their partner will take on the opposite role for some period of time, permitting reproduction, after which they might switch. These people see the human envoy to their planet as the "pervert", since he is forever locked into a single sex.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Have you read Ursula LeGuin's The Left Hand of Darkness? It describes a race of androgynes, each person is capable of taking on either masculine or feminine physiology and sexuality. Their partner will take on the opposite role for some period of time, permitting reproduction, after which they might switch. These people see the human envoy to their planet as the "pervert", since he is forever locked into a single sex.
    I would love to be able to kemmer. I wonder how much of the book could be duplicated, particularly the lack of warfare (physical, sexual, etc.) if we designed ourselves like the people of Gethen?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    I would love to be able to kemmer. I wonder how much of the book could be duplicated, particularly the lack of warfare (physical, sexual, etc.) if we designed ourselves like the people of Gethen?
    Gethen has no lack of political intrigue or oppression, if I recall, just a lack of gender bias since there is no basis for it in their culture. Still, that would be an improvement.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Gethen has no lack of political intrigue or oppression, if I recall, just a lack of gender bias since there is no basis for it in their culture. Still, that would be an improvement.
    If human beings didn't have legs, there would probably be less crime too.

It's difficult for a race designed in all ways (genetically, physiologically, etc.) to have gender to function properly without it. I don't think we can remove gender from humans; we'd simply recreate the concept, as it's part of our genetics, unlike the Gethens. Unfortunately, this invariably leads to exploitation by the unsavory or simply those with their own subjective view of it, hence gender bias.

I mean, obviously we'd we better off without gender bias. I just don't know how to feasibly prevent it from occurring.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

I think everything that gay people do should have the word gay in front of it. You're not doing your laundry, you're gay doing your laundry. You're not brushing your teeth, you're gay brushing your teeth. This way at least the policy will be consistent
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    I think everything that gay people do should have the word gay in front of it. You're not doing your laundry, you're gay doing your laundry. You're not brushing your teeth, you're gay brushing your teeth. This way at least the policy will be consistent
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/domeni...b_1063570.html