• Can't tolerate gay marriages or couples

3 1.76%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 36444546474856 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

If I were you I'd read a book. You're only doing a disservice to yourself by continuing to express your ignorant 'opinions'. It's anachronical at the least and offensive at most.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    There's not more reason to normalize homosexuality than to normalize zoophilia. There's not inherent danger to zoophilia either. Less actually. There's more danger to get AIDS fucking with a man than fucking with a horse. So we should even more legalize inter-species marriages than gender marriage actually.

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    personally i dont have anything against gay marriage, but i think the decision whether to marry a gay couple or not, should be a decision made by the church(or priest), not by law. imo law shouldnt say that its illegal for church to marry gay couples, if the church is pro gay marriage, neither should the law say that church has to marry gay couples if the church is against gay marriage.

when it comes to this what ever marriage type of thing that doesent involve church, but just legally registering people as a couple, it should be allowed.

i think its fucked up if some church doesent want to marry gay couples, but this is based on their religious beliefs. if some church discriminates gay people, i dont think the religious belief that the church holds, is the right one for gay people -> they should go to a church that doesent think homosexuality is some wicked sin invented by the satan
    Churches that oppose gay marriage will not be forced to marry gay couples, of course. That would be foolish. The law, surprisingly, is about the legal institution, not about religious concepts.

I don't see what makes sense in your post and what it is supposed to prove. Gays can go to an hospital if they pay and they have not less access to social security. And marriage is not only about consentment between two individuals, but the union of two families in order to etablish the rights of the natural children of the couple. Basic notion of law that you and every supporter of gay marriage don't have.
    Oh, that again. Maybe you should continue an older discussion of this topic before you begin a new one.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

I don't see what makes sense in your post and what it is supposed to prove. Gays can go to an hospital if they pay and they have not less access to social security. And marriage is not only about consentment between two individuals, but the union of two families in order to etablish the rights of the natural children of the couple. Basic notion of law that you and every supporter of gay marriage don't have.
    Lots of things start out for X purpose and end up turning into something else entirely. Marriage simply isn't just this device to make your biological children more recognized anymore, if that's what it was.

To my awareness, people who are married simply do have legal benefits that people who are anything short of married do not receive..... if this is wrong correct me but if it is correct then don't you think there's any sense in this idea that all above age of consent people should be able to take advantage of them (whatever they may be) and not have to be picked by the government like this?

Don't really give a shit what other people do aye

People could marry inanimate objects for all I care

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    The new round has begun.
    Wow.

On one hand, that happeneds literally decades ago, and I'm sure Romney will say he has "changed" since then, and perhaps that is reasonable.

But it certainly doesn't play well that the conservative candidate who doesn't support same-sex marriage was apparently a bully growing up against those who were non-conforming to the culture and specifically non-gender-conforming to the point of violating a peer in such a way. I won't be able to get the image out of my mind.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    100% in favor of legalizing gay marriage. The U.S. Declaration of Independence claims "all men are created equal" and have the right to "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness". Falling in love and wanting to make a declaration of that in marriage is as pure a form of a pursuit of happiness that there can be. A gay person has this as an unalienable right.

This quote that I've lost the name of the author for also sums it up nicely...

"Asking you to give me equal rights implies they are yours to give. Instead, I must demand that you stop trying to deny me the rights that all people deserve."
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    It's not catching, Lark. It's not contagious. It's not like if I'm exposed to the idea of homosexuality, I'll become homosexual. No more than if I'm exposed to the idea of being a man, I'll become a man. People are what they are. I don't "support" homosexuality or heterosexuality. I just want people to be accepted for who they are and for people to have equal rights under the law. Marriage is a legal contract and confers certain rights and privileges. There's no reason it should be reserved for certain kinds of humans but not for others.

You think that anybody who supports the rights of people other than them secretly wishes to be those people? So if I support full civil rights for blacks, I do not have a firm sense of myself as a white person? This is making my eyes cross.

And PS -- What church? Any Christian church, but it seems to me particularly the Catholic church has a great emphasis on The Holy Family and forcefully opposes abortion rights and wants children born of the union of Catholics to receive infant baptism and for their parents to bring them up as Catholics. There's some emphasis in this way for Protestants as well but in the Protestantism that I know, not so much. (I can elaborate some if you're interested.)

And besides, homosexuality is normal. A certain percentage of people are born homosexual. This is normal. Has been happening for centuries on end.
    +10000 to both of you.

OK, I didn't want to get into this, but I think I have a legitimate question.

Bestiality and being sexually involved with children are immoral because they can't consent. Rape is wrong because one of the parties didn't consent to the act. As such, both of these cases violate the principle of harm due to forcing people who didn't or couldn't consent to a highly intimate activity.

Who does gay marriage harm? What human rights does it violate?

Is the world becoming needlessly complex, or is our perception of a complex world simply expanding?

Also, on a personal note, one of my buddies on this site is homosexual and, for the record, I'm pretty sure he's not trying to turn the entirety of mankind into homosexuals. Just a thought. Also, if he ever wants to get married to someone, I would very much like him to be able to.
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

My BFF/hetero life mate, Katie, married her beautiful wife Della this past Sunday. Although they have no legal rights as a couple (same-sex marriage is not legal in MN), the wedding was every bit as real as any other I've been to. I was the maid of honor, and it was indeed an honor to be a part of joining my best friend to someone who makes her so happy. Even her wife's very traditional Vietnamese family could see that these two are genuinely in love.

Her other bridesmaid, Hana, is a Pakistani Muslim. She was born in the US, but her family is still very traditional. She's been dating a Lithuanian man for 10 years, and he even converted to Islam for her, but her parents will not allow them to marry. But she told me a story about how they had Katie and Della's Save the Date for their reception on their fridge at home, and one of Hana's father's (also very traditional Muslim) friends made some kind of offensive comment about same-sex marriage. Hana's father, who won't even let his daughter marry a MAN because he's not Pakistani, told his friend, "Hey. That couple is in LOVE. They are HAPPY."
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    As much as Americans love a hit job, there's one thing they love more: a recognition of past sins, and an apology.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...hFU_story.html

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    As much as Americans love a hit job, there's one thing they love more: a recognition of past sins, and an apology.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...hFU_story.html
    That was fast. Maybe, just maybe, too fast.