User Tag List

View Poll Results: Gay marriage rights

Voters
170. You may not vote on this poll
  • Should be given

    158 92.94%
  • Should not be given

    9 5.29%
  • Could tolerate gay couples, but can't tolerate gay marriages

    9 5.29%
  • Can't tolerate gay marriages or couples

    3 1.76%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 19272829303139 Last

Results 281 to 290 of 591

  1. #281
    Senior Member BAJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    631

    Default

    Yes, 011 it may occur, and I hope you are there at the next Nuremberg as well where your heroes are sent to the gallows for their crimes.

  2. #282
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 0110011001110101 View Post
    No, I feel more inclined to stay and make sure that things are righted and that society moves towards a more constructive existence without all of this nonsense.

    When words end, physical force begins. The strength of us fascists have always been that we aren't weaklings like most of the rest.
    Liberal propaganda will of course say that anyone who "resorts to violence" is some kind of unintelligent brute, but that is definitely not the case.
    Warriors are supposed to be on top, and democracy is a bloody joke that will soon be over.
    Happy hunting!


  3. #283
    Courage is immortality Valiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE
    Posts
    3,919

    Default

    That guy isn't a National Socialist, Nicodemus. He is a christian right wing fanatic.
    I am certainly not christian or right wing.

    Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

  4. #284
    Member MiriMiriAru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    52

    Default

    I was angry until "binary name" admitted to being a fascist. It's hard to stay angry at the bigotry of someone incapable of thinking.

    I noticed you didn't answer when asked what was the magical time period of wondrous wonder and wonderment you want to see a return to. I assume it's a time when everyone who wasn't a straight white male was subject to crushing oppression by them. Explain how this group, and the ideal of being straight, white, and male have inherent superioty over all others. Explain how the decline of the West is bad thing (I don't think it's a good thing, it's just a thing that's happening). Explain how the acceptance of homosexual and gender variant people has resulted in the imminent collapse of society and a disastrous fall in birth rates.

    If you choose to reply (which, considering your record I'm not confident is going to happen), please actually answer the points I've raised rather that posting what amounts to "you're wrong, I'm right, if you don't why I'm not going to bother explaining". That just makes you look silly.

  5. #285
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 0110011001110101 View Post
    That guy isn't a National Socialist, Nicodemus. He is a christian right wing fanatic.
    But he is a fanatic.

  6. #286
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 0110011001110101 View Post
    Yay, do I get a medal?
    here you go:

  7. #287
    Courage is immortality Valiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE
    Posts
    3,919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    But he is a fanatic.
    And so are you. So am I. At least according to someone. What the hell defines it?
    Is one a fanatic because he is willing to fight for something if necessary? And i'm not talking about shooting children at summercamp or blowing stuff up here. That's cowardice and terrorism unfitting for any man with a shred of honor.

    Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

  8. #288
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 0110011001110101 View Post
    The reason I don't engage in a discussion is that I think that anything I say would be met with the same sort of response.
    You know I consider all forms of homosexuality a mental illness, because I have said so before.
    A woman's brain in a man's head can't possibly be anything else than a big freaking error.
    Why would I go and discuss the rightness of a mental condition (that to me seems rather obvious) with someone who suffers from it?
    Two things:

    1. If "mental condition" is the issue to you, I would love to go with you to a shrink and have them determine which one of us is more socially adjusted and certifiably "more sane." Once again, you simply seek ways to dismiss my reasoning without dealing with the reasoning involved. In this case, we're discussing same-sex unions and DADT, so whatever you think my "mental condition" is isn't really a concern, now, is it?

    2. The authorities of "mental illness," professional psychiatrists, removed homosexuality from the DSM-IV decades ago because they concluded that it was not a form of mental illness and did not need to be "fixed." I'm afraid you have no psychiatric authorities on a broad scale to support you. Let's face it: You call it a mental illness because you personally feel qualms over it. Why shouldn't I therefore start calling things "mental illness" if they in fact sit poorly with me? Why shouldn't people in general call your feelings a "mental illness" if your mindset makes THEM ill? Do you really want to go down that road?

    I have told you this before. I don't hate you. I don't want to rob you of your humanity. But seriously, this crap is just pathetic.
    You kind of just did. Thanks.

    You really don't see it, do you?
    What I see is that someone who was SO emotionally distressed over how he felt the rest of the forum viewed him on topics like same-sex marriages that he changed his name and left the forum for an indefinite amount of time finally decided to come back and almost immediately reentered the exact same discussions that went so poorly for him the last time, without approaching them differently.

    Did you really expect a different outcome?

    This is not your blog, nor is it your newspaper column. If so, then you could say anything you'd like without being challenged. But if you are going to enter a discussion thread and promote the ideas you've promoted, then you can expect others to challenge your ideas. That is how a forum works. It's two-way.

    If you handle a challenge to your position and want to engage, then feel free to post. If you cannot handle a challenge to your position, then find a venue that allows you to speak without being challenged. This isn't rocket science.

    Quote Originally Posted by 0110011001110101 View Post
    That guy isn't a National Socialist, Nicodemus. He is a christian right wing fanatic. I am certainly not christian or right wing.
    I think one reason people get confused is that you claim to be left-wing in your country, but the positions you're holding are, in the United States at least, typically labeled as conservative and right-wing.

    Quote Originally Posted by 0110011001110101 View Post
    Seriously, in order to NOT be ignorant, just HOW MUCH DO I HAVE TO READ? Because I really do read a whole lot more than even most people who get paid to do it.
    I think your entire discussion line involves you saying that you "feel" that homosexuality is wrong and a sickness, so therefore gays are sick and immoral and so you don't support same-sex marriage. You don't offer any actual support for why homosexuality is "wrong and a sickness" except that you 'feel' that way, and you're willing to impose those values on another class without being able to show reliable external support for your view.

    This is why people are suggesting you are ignorant and don't read, I think. It's another way of saying you show no support for your views except that you happen to hold them; and no matter what external support might run against your views or that would reframe them, you simply don't care because they are your views and you have already decided you are right because you "feel" that way.

    This is exactly the same sort of basis by which prejudice works -- "I feel you are wrong or sick because I feel sick when I entertain that view, so therefore you are wrong." Again, why some people are viewing you as prejudiced. It's the same logic people imposed to say blacks were less than human, or that women not be given as much freedom as men, or that people must not change their social class. You impose no correction, restraint, or evaluation of your feelings. People who are balanced typically realize that their feelings are one source of input but that they need to submit those to cross-checks and other forms of input, in order to make sure they are not mistreating or misjudging others, but you refuse to do so.

    Other people apparently have strong feelings about the way you are approaching things; what makes their "feelings" about your behavior wrong, while your "feelings" about theirs are right?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  9. #289
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 0110011001110101 View Post
    And so are you.
    What makes you think that?

    Quote Originally Posted by 0110011001110101 View Post
    What the hell defines it?
    Is one a fanatic because he is willing to fight for something if necessary? And i'm not talking about shooting children at summercamp or blowing stuff up here. That's cowardice and terrorism unfitting for any man with a shred of honor.
    Wikipedia says this: Fanaticism is a belief or behavior involving uncritical zeal, particularly for an extreme religious or political cause or in some cases sports, or with an obsessive enthusiasm for a pastime or hobby.

  10. #290
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,776

    Default

    do you think homosexuals have a strong visceral reaction to heterosexual sex?
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

Similar Threads

  1. Support for Same-Sex Marriage Climbs to New High
    By Totenkindly in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 299
    Last Post: 06-26-2011, 10:43 PM
  2. Question for those who oppose same-sex marriage on religious grounds:
    By Brendan in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 111
    Last Post: 05-05-2010, 09:32 PM
  3. Same-Sex Marriage
    By metaphours in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 08-04-2009, 07:52 AM
  4. Do you think same-sex marriage should be legal?
    By ez78705 in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 257
    Last Post: 05-22-2009, 05:02 PM
  5. Christianity Today Poll (same-sex marriages)
    By Totenkindly in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 09-14-2007, 08:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO