Multiple Choice Poll.
First 15232425262735 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Thousands, eh? Can you clarify what these things would be?

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

I know that it is really hard to go against that, and this is why I am encountering resistance right now. You are the ones who are brainwashed, not me.
    So anyone who holds views that you don't is brainwashed. Cool.

But I think that someone needs to stand up to all of this and make it turn again.
    This sentiment might be laudable in and of itself but is all too frequently perverted to justify all sorts of repugnant activities. You don't need to look hard to see glaring examples of this.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by 0110011001110101 View Post
    Thousands, eh? Can you clarify what these things would be?
    I will post them one at a time

Today, I took orders from a woman

This was (and still is for millions upon millions of people) both shameful and illegal for most of our species' history.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Haha, that's pretty funny given the fact that women have a history of bossing men around since the dawn of time, rules or no rules

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

Anew Leaf

I know that it might be offensive, especially if you don't question what media and politicians fill your minds with.
    The general consensus seems to be that everything that used to be even illgal and definitely shameful should now be okay, just because.
    I know that it is really hard to go against that, and this is why I am encountering resistance right now. You are the ones who are brainwashed, not me.
    Where I come from, what I say is even more against the public opinion than in the U.S.
    And now you are trying to read my mind on this topic. Apparently the way to qualify as being brain washed is to simply disagree with you. Fact: you know nothing of my opinions on this topic. Maybe I don't like homosexuals either. Maybe I love them. Maybe I want to hire them to pull my wagons to Oregon before my family dies of starvation because I can't shoot bears to save my life. It really doesn't matter what I believe. What matters is what I do with my beliefs.

The general consensus seems to be that everything that used to be even illgal and definitely shameful should now be okay, just because.
    Here is exactly the point where I think your viewpoint has zero substance. If you spent even an hour doing research on the history of mankind you will see the rise and fall of topics that have been socially embraced and rejected through thousands of years of history. Slavery, women's rights, homosexuality, literacy, etc. Should we continue to have slaves nowadays simply because it used to be socially acceptable? Should we all be illiterate morons and let the clergy and kings be the only ones with the magical powers of writing?

If this is different than the image you had of me before, then ask yourself why.
    Is this because I am a good guy? Because yes, I am. If I was fearful, I would probably stay away from the topic altogether.
    I did ask myself why. The simplest explanation is that I missed the mark big time in who you are. My bad.

Good and bad are relative terms dancing around the pin of objectivity. Being good or bad is not dependent on declaring oneself as such. Most dictators in this world run from the blood soaked platform of "for the greater good." And I definitely see fear in the way you write here. You attack with vague ephemeral terms such as "brain washing" instead of actual facts.

But I think that someone needs to stand up to all of this and make it turn again. Stand in front of the bloody tank, like the chinese man at Tiananmen Square in 1989.
    HAHAHAHAAH. You seriously did not just compare yourself to what happened in China... where a man sacrificed himself to the terrifying and horrible death by tank? Please show me the evidence of where homosexuality has repressed millions of people and committed genocide.

Wait, let me try your method of mind reading... Instead I will get some post thrown back at me saying I am a brainwashed girl who just listens to whatever the media shows her and is blissfully ignorant of the civil war going on in Homosexualvania right now where millions of straight people are having their genitals harvested for a clone army of gay men.

To be honest, I don't care much for the opinions of other people if I do not like and respect them first. Especially if I detest part of or everything they are and stand for.
    This is rather hilarious as well. I have seen your many compliments of me around the boards and my visitor wall and you come at me with "you are brainwashed."

I have no idea what goes on in Sweden. I sincerely doubt you know what goes on in the United States to give any sort of informed opinion on the matter.
    Last edited by Anew Leaf; 10-02-2011 at 03:08 PM. Reason: To appease Ti and the bears I struck out the offending phrase.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Seriously, I do really think that some people would qualify much more to a position as slave than as a free and voting man or woman.

We would definitely not have this discussion if things were in order, like they were a just a few generations ago.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    HAHAHAHAAH. You seriously did not just compare yourself to what happened in China... where a man sacrificed himself to the terrifying and horrible death by tank? Please show me the evidence of where homosexuality has repressed millions of people and committed genocide.
    Tank man went unscathed by the tank

95% chance he was executed within 24 hours of the incident, but CCP officially states they have no idea who he is or what happened to him

He wasn't run over or anything though, a crowd pulled him away

Anew Leaf

Seriously, I do really think that some people would qualify much more to a position as slave than as a free and voting man or woman.
    Thanks for applying for the position but I require non-ignorant slaves.

We would definitely not have this discussion if things were in order, like they were a just a few generations ago.
    Can you give a specific date range for when this golden age of amazingness occurred?

P.S. It is duly noted that whenever you can't respond to something said, you simply ignore it. This same ability has been shown to be prevalent in ostriches and crabs.

MBTI
    INTP

Would you enslave someone?

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    Tank man went unscathed by the tank

95% chance he was executed within 24 hours of the incident, but CCP officially states they have no idea who he is or what happened to him

He wasn't run over or anything though, a crowd pulled him away
    Ah Ti, how I have missed thee.

Either way the guy sacrificed himself. There is no way that man wasn't executed. I dated a man who was Chinese. His father wrote a paper that spoke unfavorably of the government while in college and spent the next three years working on railroads. China does not fuck around.