9 5.29%
  • Could tolerate gay couples, but can't tolerate gay marriages

9 5.29%
  • Can't tolerate gay marriages or couples

3 1.76%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 14222324252634 Last

Quote Originally Posted by 0110011001110101 View Post
    The reason I don't engage in a discussion is that I think that anything I say would be met with the same sort of response.
    You know I consider all forms of homosexuality a mental illness, because I have said so before.
    A woman's brain in a man's head can't possibly be anything else than a big freaking error.
    Why would I go and discuss the rightness of a mental condition (that to me seems rather obvious) with someone who suffers from it?

I have told you this before. I don't hate you. I don't want to rob you of your humanity. But seriously, this crap is just pathetic. You really don't see it, do you?
    Answer my questions, please.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    I don't want to argue with you. However, I am curious as to how you have come to draw these conclusions. Were these from religious teachings? Is this a personal belief independent of any teachings? Were you brought up this way?
    I was not brought up this way, and I am not part of any religion. I do hold some animistic beliefs or such, and I guess that I really don't like stuff that I consider unnatural or bad for positive evolution comes from that to some degree.
    But what I believe is the result of what I have seen, what I have read, what I have thought and what my instincts tell me.

They tell me that despite what media and everyone else says, these things are bad and should be discouraged.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

Why do people keep dragging in "evolution" as a crutch for their views?

Every so often, I think the Gnostics had it right and that it would be far better if some concepts were never popularised. Well, I don't actually believe that but it's tempting sometimes.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

I was not brought up this way, and I am not part of any religion. I do hold some animistic beliefs or such, and I guess that I really don't like stuff that I consider unnatural or bad for positive evolution comes from that to some degree.
    But what I believe is the result of what I have seen, what I have read, what I have thought and what my instincts tell me.

They tell me that despite what media and everyone else says, these things are bad and should be discouraged.
    Hm. Well, what causes you to think that it is the responsibility of the people to quell others desires?

Does this apply to women who don't want children? That is not the best way to promote our race.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

Instead of facts, you have convictions. And not only do the facts not support your convictions: they contradict them. Congratulations, you are an ignoramus.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Instead of facts, you have convictions. And not only do the facts not support your convictions: they contradict them. Congratulations, you are an ignoramus.
    So do you, and please stop talking to me.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

So do you, and please stop talking to me.
    How would you even know?

Anew Leaf

The reason I don't engage in a discussion is that I think that anything I say would be met with the same sort of response.
    This is an example of "mind-reading." How do you know unless you try?

My analysis is that all of this stems from some sort of fear and you have defense mechanisms in place where you don't want to actually discuss the topic because of the fear.

You are entitled to your beliefs, and others are also entitled to their own beliefs.

You know I consider all forms of homosexuality a mental illness, because I have said so before.
    I believe people who are ignorant have a mental illness. I believe you are ignorant. Therefore I believe you have a mental illness.

A woman's brain in a man's head can't possibly be anything else than a big freaking error.
    What does this even mean? Are you talking about transgenders? If you are... I really don't think anyone should judge another person's choices unless they have walked in those same shoes.

Why would I go and discuss the rightness of a mental condition (that to me seems rather obvious) with someone who suffers from it?
    And this is why people are not responding positively to your contributions to this forum. The pot can indeed call the kettle black as it suits them.

I have told you this before. I don't hate you. I don't want to rob you of your humanity. But seriously, this crap is just pathetic. You really don't see it, do you?
    Honestly, this is just so rude. You don't have to hate someone in order to have hateful actions towards them.

Overall I am pretty surprised at the posts you have here in this thread, YLJ. I had gleaned an entirely different image of who you are based on other posts you have made on this forum. It is fine if you want to believe whatever it is that you want to; but it is invasive to expect others to adhere to your personal belief system.

To me the sticking point isn't that you have an unpopular stance on this topic, it's completely the method in which you are talking about it. There are lots of topics on this forum that I don't care for, find offensive, etc. I am sure that is true for the majority of posters. If threads that are positive to homosexuality offend you, then don't join in. It's that simple.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

I know that it might be offensive, especially if you don't question what media and politicians fill your minds with.
    The general consensus seems to be that everything that used to be even illgal and definitely shameful should now be okay, just because.
    I know that it is really hard to go against that, and this is why I am encountering resistance right now. You are the ones who are brainwashed, not me.
    Where I come from, what I say is even more against the public opinion than in the U.S.

If this is different than the image you had of me before, then ask yourself why.
    Is this because I am a good guy? Because yes, I am. If I was fearful, I would probably stay away from the topic altogether.
    But I think that someone needs to stand up to all of this and make it turn again. Stand in front of the bloody tank, like the chinese man at Tiananmen Square in 1989.

To be honest, I don't care much for the opinions of other people if I do not like and respect them first. Especially if I detest part of or everything they are and stand for.

MBTI
    INTP

I know that it might be offensive, especially if you don't question what media and politicians fill your minds with.
    The general consensus seems to be that everything that used to be even illgal and definitely shameful should now be okay, just because.
    I know that it is really hard to go against that, and this is why I am encountering resistance right now. You are the ones who are brainwashed, not me.
    Where I come from, what I say is even more against the public opinion than in the U.S.
    What do you mean by this?

There are thousands of things I do everyday that could have been considered shameful and/or illegal at some point in human history

We (you, me, that guy over there) decide what is to be shameful and illegal, and we better be damn ready to defend what we determine to be wrong or reprehensible because it affects all of us.