Multiple Choice Poll.
First 13212223242533 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

So you mean that the happiness of the great majority is not affected by our societal decadence right now?
    Why the hell do you think that our birth rates are the way they are now and that the west is losing the grip of the world?
    It is because our society has become WEAK and allows for all sorts of bad shit. Not homosexuality alone, but it is part of that cocktail.

No, if anyone should be slain at all, it is not me. I simply see more than most, and am willing to fight to preserve what is still left of a once-great civilization, and ultimately build it up again so that a new generation of idiots can destroy it.
    It's an endless cycle, and all empires have either fallen or gotten back on their feet again, until the final period of decadence arrives that kills it so that another one rises.
    But it is undoubtedly the fault of the decadents that these great and noble enterprises go down the drain.

When society gets comfortable, cancers like this starts growing.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    *gasp*

I think it highlights a problem, where people can hold onto irrational beliefs without repercussion to themselves... and/or even make others pay the cost for their freedom to hold irrational beliefs.
    Well, it might be a problem for you. The same way that what you stand for is a problem for me.
    Your solution would be to limit free speech, then?

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by 0110011001110101 View Post
    Well, it might be a problem for you. The same way that what you stand for is a problem for me.
    Your solution would be to limit free speech, then?
    1. Read the rest of my post regarding DADT.

2. I don't advocate limiting free speech, I advocate people taking responsibility for the speech they fling around so freely. Your "free speech" is coming at a cost to many other people; and if you respected them as individuals, you would take more care with it rather than using it so self-indulgently. Instead, you demand to be able to speak "freely" so you can slander the moral caliber of people you do not know and restrict their own freedoms; and you entirely resist any actual discussion that might qualify or at least educate your opinions a bit. You just want to feel free to "indulge your feelings" with no restraint or check and balance.

So who is worse here?

That's what I stand for -- taking some responsibility. I suppose you have an issue with that?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

No, if anyone should be slain at all, it is not me.
    Not from your fiercly subjective point of view. But you must admit that from mine it would make sense.

So you mean that the happiness of the great majority is not affected by our societal decadence right now?
    What is 'societal decadence'? I suspect what you call decadence might be moral progess to me.

Why the hell do you think that our birth rates are the way they are now and that the west is losing the grip of the world?
    For a myriad of reasons. If you wish to put a simplifying label on them, I would suggest 'globalization' rather than 'societal decadence'.

It is because our society has become WEAK and allows for all sorts of bad shit. Not homosexuality alone, but it is part of that cocktail.

[...] I simply see more than most, and am willing to fight to preserve what is still left of a once-great civilization, and ultimately build it up again so that a new generation of idiots can destroy it.
    It's an endless cycle, and all empires have either fallen or gotten back on their feet again, until the final period of decadence arrives that kills it so that another one rises.
    But it is undoubtedly the fault of the decadents that these great and noble enterprises go down the drain.

When society gets comfortable, cancers like this starts growing.
    What if moral decadence would strengthen rather than weaken society? Would necrophilia, pedophilia, homosexuality, transsexualism and many deviant behaviors be okay then?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    1. Read the rest of my post regarding DADT.

2. I don't advocate limiting free speech, I advocate people taking responsibility for the speech they fling around so freely. Your "free speech" is coming at a cost to many other people; and if you respected them as individuals, you would take more care with it rather than using it so self-indulgently. Instead, you demand to be able to speak "freely" so you can slander the moral caliber of people you do not know and restrict their own freedoms; and you entirely resist any actual discussion that might qualify or at least educate your opinions a bit. You just want to feel free to "indulge your feelings" with no restraint or check and balance.

So who is worse here?

That's what I stand for -- taking some responsibility. I suppose you have an issue with that?
    Seriously. You aren't exactly comfortable for me, either. So I guess that we're even.
    And you aren't even aware of what you are bringing into this world, it seems.
    And I do have an issue with your brand of "taking responsibility".

I agree that homosexuality is destroying the world, but it's only a reaction. Eventually the earth will crack open and swallow all people, homosexual and unhomosexual alike and on that day only G-D will be around to judge whether our decadent societies are to blame.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Seriously. You aren't exactly comfortable for me, either. So I guess that we're even.
    And you aren't even aware of what you are bringing into this world, it seems.
    And I do have an issue with your brand of "taking responsibility".
    This is exactly what I've been talking about, you know. Instead of actually responding, you just offer a few very comments that cannot be supported, considered, discussed, evaluated. You just try to redirect things to me. It amounts to a, "No I'm not, you are," style of argument. Key example: You were perfectly happy to throw DADT out there, even though you're not even from the United States, but as soon as I pushed back with a little more context for DADT in this country and the realistic ramifications of such a policy, you immediately duck and hide and run back to your, "No I'm not, you are," arguments. As far as I can tell, you know nothing about DADT, nor do you show any understanding of the situations of the people impacted by it.

Which is a convenient style of communication for you because you do not need to examine anything you feel or say, you don't need to take responsibility for your ideas; you don't have to actually do any research and learn something about the topic you're discussing; you just can say whatever you'd like regardless of how supportable it happens to be, and then you stand here and demand the same level of courtesy and respect as those who actually cared enough about the topic and the people involved to do some actual homework. You would get an F on a college paper if you approached it this way.

If you are not taken seriously by some people in this matter, this is why. There's no reason to invest energy in someone who doesn't actually engage the ideas under discussion.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

The reason I don't engage in a discussion is that I think that anything I say would be met with the same sort of response.
    You know I consider all forms of homosexuality a mental illness, because I have said so before.
    A woman's brain in a man's head can't possibly be anything else than a big freaking error.
    Why would I go and discuss the rightness of a mental condition (that to me seems rather obvious) with someone who suffers from it?

I have told you this before. I don't hate you. I don't want to rob you of your humanity. But seriously, this crap is just pathetic. You really don't see it, do you?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

The reason I don't engage in a discussion is that I think that anything I say would be met with the same sort of response.
    You know I consider all forms of homosexuality a mental illness, because I have said so before.
    A woman's brain in a man's head can't possibly be anything else than a big freaking error.
    Why would I go and discuss the rightness of a mental condition (that to me seems rather obvious) with someone who suffers from it?

I have told you this before. I don't hate you. I don't want to rob you of your humanity. But seriously, this crap is just pathetic. You really don't see it, do you?
    I don't want to argue with you. However, I am curious as to how you have come to draw these conclusions. Were these from religious teachings? Is this a personal belief independent of any teachings? Were you brought up this way?
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

ThatGirl

What I find most entertaining about this whole topic, is that people still think marriage is special.