9 5.29%
  • Could tolerate gay couples, but can't tolerate gay marriages

9 5.29%
  • Can't tolerate gay marriages or couples

3 1.76%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 11192021222331 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    Basically, that's my opinion, too. Government would license any couple looking for these specific benefits and protection-of-rights of spousehood under a dry legal term (civil union), and marriage would describe the personal ceremony itself, the emotional event. Speaking about it on other forums, though, some gay people still consider this discrimination. Not sure why, that wasn't my intention.
    Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Hmm...that is odd. I mean I have always felt that regardless of the actual avenue a couple (any couple, any sex) takes, the end result is identical from a legal aspect. Wedding in a church, getting married by a judge at the courthouse, a non-denominational marriage on a cruise ship by the captain..whatever. They all end up being the same thing. I don't see how there is discrimination in that, since it's all equal.
    Doesn't seem odd to me at all. While some folks may say they want an end to discrimination what they really want is public sanctioning and acceptance of themselves. Anything less than marriage will feel like rejection to those people.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

Permabanned

Where is the "I can't tolerate gay couples but tolerate gay marriages" button.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Jelly View Post
    Uhh. I don't know what world you live in but I'm pretty sure the majority of America who is against gay marriage is because of religion. If you didn't want to know why some people are against gay marriage and the reason being religion, maybe you shouldn't make threads asking why someone is opposed to gay marriage. Seems very closed minded in my opinion.
    *I shamelessly nods to self of being close minded.*

---

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    If you don't get it, that's sad.
    Over and out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Jelly View Post
    Nope! I do not speak passive aggressive! But kudos to you, you must have a lot of experience in not having the balls to mean what you say and say what you mean.
    Jaguar, she does have a point. You don't have balls at all. You never say what you mean. says something vague hoping the other would feel insulted, yet keeping your ass safe.

Lolz... And please stop trolling other members.

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Jaguar, she does have a point. You don't have balls at all. You never say what you mean. says something vague hoping the other would feel insulted, yet keeping your ass safe.

Lolz... And please stop trolling other members.
    Bait and Troll harder Curzon.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

this thread has gone on for 21 pages by now? seriously people... why is everyone all up in everyone else's business? who gives a fuck who someone marries as long as it's not you?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    this thread has gone on for 21 pages by now? seriously people... why is everyone all up in everyone else's business? who gives a fuck who someone marries as long as it's not you?
    The thread was done days ago, but Curzon revived it to troll. Same thing he's done for years.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

The thread was done days ago, but Curzon revived it to troll. Same thing he's done for years.
    ah... I can think of some really catty things that I could say to that, but I really don't have the patience to put up with any drama at the moment... especially with someone who's trolled me before
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Riva

Bait and Troll harder Curzon.
    I ain't baiting. I am saying. All you have to do is defend yourself by explaining yourself.

The results show that the majority of people agree with this opinion. The ratio is almost 100 to 4. That explains a lot.

Lolz, Jag. It's you.

ah... I can think of some really catty things that I could say to that, but I really don't have the patience to put up with any drama at the moment... especially with someone who's trolled me before
    Though I would love to point out how incorrect you are, I probably shouldn't, since it would add to a thread which is discussing a totally different subject and would ruin the mood of the thread.

And besides the thread is over. Exhausted I mean.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    The results show that the majority of people agree with this opinion. The ratio is almost 100 to 4. That explains a lot.
    Or, as it is more popularly known, 25 to 1.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by 0110011001110101 View Post
    I am one of those who thinks, feels and knows, with my whole heart, that this is wrong.
    Where and how have you acquired that knowledge?