First 10181920212230 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    If you don't get it, that's sad.
    Over and out.
    Nope! I do not speak passive aggressive! But kudos to you, you must have a lot of experience in not having the balls to mean what you say and say what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Jelly View Post
    Nope! I do not speak passive aggressive! But kudos to you, you must have a lot of experience in not having the balls to mean what you say and say what you mean.
    We're not all sinners as you claimed. Do you get it? No, you don't. Go have a meltdown on your own time.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I don't think its my call. Ask me when I meet the woman of my dreams <3
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

Ginkgo

We're not all sinners as you claimed. Do you get it? No, you don't. Go have a meltdown on your own time.
    I think we need @Victor to settle this dispute about who we are. Shine the Victor spotlight!

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    I think we need @Victor to settle this dispute about who we are. Shine the Victor spotlight!

Summon the Vicmobile.

Summon the Vicmobile.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    FYI, from a personal standpoint I believe all marriages should be recognized only by the church, and that the state should group all marriage-like unions under a non-religious term (like civil union).
    Basically, that's my opinion, too. Government would license any couple looking for these specific benefits and protection-of-rights of spousehood under a dry legal term (civil union), and marriage would describe the personal ceremony itself, the emotional event. Speaking about it on other forums, though, some gay people still consider this discrimination. Not sure why, that wasn't my intention.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    Basically, that's my opinion, too. Government would license any couple looking for these specific benefits and protection-of-rights of spousehood under a dry legal term (civil union), and marriage would describe the personal ceremony itself, the emotional event. Speaking about it on other forums, though, some gay people still consider this discrimination. Not sure why, that wasn't my intention.

Hmm...that is odd. I mean I have always felt that regardless of the actual avenue a couple (any couple, any sex) takes, the end result is identical from a legal aspect. Wedding in a church, getting married by a judge at the courthouse, a non-denominational marriage on a cruise ship by the captain..whatever. They all end up being the same thing. I don't see how there is discrimination in that, since it's all equal.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Gays should be allowed to married as long as they marry someone of the opposite sex. ;-)
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I think you misinterpreted what I said. A lot of religious groups get stuck on homosexuality. It used to be divorce.. There are trends of what is considered protest worthy. I was just trying to communicate that there is no reason for Christians to get stuck on hatred of homosexuals by giving examples of other sins. I should add everyone is a sinner, that is why Jesus Christ died on the cross. I tend to speak in general, not personal. I do not personally go around thinking ill of homosexuals. I'm sorry you got that impression.
    I think it's more the issue of "sin" framing the entire exchange to start with.

As an example, if I said, "People shouldn't think ill of bigots or Nazis or child rapists or Christians or adulterers or mass murderers, after all we're all sinners and forgiven by God; and really, it's okay, because I don't go around holding ill will against Christians or others like this," you'd probably bristle a bit at finding yourself lumped unnecessarily (in your mind) in the middle of that laundry list of reprobates.

You can believe what you'd like about what is a "sin" and what is not a "sin," but you should be very cognizant of the impact your words have on those who do not agree with you on what a "sin" is to start with. Fine, call homosexuality a sin; but please be aware of the likely impact of your words by how you have framed things. You would feel the same if someone called you a sinner and put restrictions on you for something about yourself that you do not believe is wrong.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft