3 1.76%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 9171819202129 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post

Christianity/bible wasn't the thing that defined sins and merits. I'm rather confused as to what you're implying. I'm sure you knew that people know what's right or wrong and religion is not needed for them to know. Of course religion adds to the list.

And people this is the 'Gay Marriage Poll' thread not 'What your religion has to say about Gay marriages Poll' thread.'

Uhh. I don't know what world you live in but I'm pretty sure the majority of America who is against gay marriage is because of religion. If you didn't want to know why some people are against gay marriage and the reason being religion, maybe you shouldn't make threads asking why someone is opposed to gay marriage. Seems very closed minded in my opinion.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Jelly View Post
    Uhh. I don't know what world you live in but I'm pretty sure the majority of America who is against gay marriage is because of religion. If you didn't want to know why some people are against gay marriage and the reason being religion, maybe you shouldn't make threads asking why someone is opposed to gay marriage. Seems very closed minded in my opinion.
    Here a chart from an poll that breaks down US gay marriage support by religious affiliation:

and the article includes the following:

The explanations for these cleavages can likely be found in nonreligious factors. Catholics in the U.S., for example, are more likely to live in urbanized states than evangelicals, predisposing them to adopting more socially liberal ideologies. The support gap between black and white mainline Protestants might be attributed in part to differing cultural pressures within those racial communities. What's nevertheless strange is that these Christian groups, with a few exceptions, mostly take a hardline stance against gay marriage, yet followers adhere to those stances at vastly different rates. But these religious differences may not matter so much in several generations: the main theme of the study was that younger people are supporting gay rights at much higher rates than their elders. It found "at least a 20-point generation gap" between 18 to 29 year olds and adults over 65 on every public policy issue concerning gay rights. And seven in 10 people in that younger age bracket say that religious groups that come out against homosexuality are alienating them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I read that book.
    ???
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

And when it comes down to it how is being a homosexual worse than stealing a handbag, or being a drug dealer in the eyes of God? Its not. I'm not saying its justified I am just saying there is only one unforgivable sin, and it isn't homosexuality.
    Golly Gee Willickers - it's great to see homosexuals aren't any worse than purse-snatchers and drug dealers. Your open-mindedness is greatly appreciated. Keep up the good work.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Golly Gee Willickers - it's great to see homosexuals aren't any worse than purse-snatchers and drug dealers. Your open-mindedness is greatly appreciated. Keep up the good work.
    We should'nt send gays to gaz chamber. At least we all agree on that.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I think you misinterpreted what I said. A lot of religious groups get stuck on homosexuality. It used to be divorce.. There are trends of what is considered protest worthy. I was just trying to communicate that there is no reason for Christians to get stuck on hatred of homosexuals by giving examples of other sins. I should add everyone is a sinner, that is why Jesus Christ died on the cross. I tend to speak in general, not personal. I do not personally go around thinking ill of homosexuals. I'm sorry you got that impression.

I was just trying to communicate that there is no reason for Christians to get stuck on hatred of homosexuals by giving examples of other sins. I should add everyone is a sinner, that is why Jesus Christ died on the cross. I tend to speak in general, not personal. I do not personally go around thinking ill of homosexuals. I'm sorry you got that impression.
    Giving examples of *other sins* as if to suggest homosexuality is a sin, and everyone is a sinner? I see you like digging really big holes. Once again, keep up the good work.

Ginkgo

I smell like homeless people. Does that mean I'm homo?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Giving examples of *other sins* as if to suggest homosexuality is a sin, and everyone is a sinner? I see you like digging really big holes. Once again, keep up the good work.
    What is your problem? Could you please state it directly.

What is your problem? Could you please state it directly.
    If you don't get it, that's sad.
    Over and out.