First 4121314151624 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    It matters because marriage unify family and recognise the children as member of the generation chain. What truly need homosexuasl, is a derogation wich recognise them as legal responsible of the children they adopt.
    A derogation? And why can't they get that through a marriage?

You can adopt children even if you're not married. But if Angelina was not married with Brad when she had Knox and Vivienne, nothing would have force him to recognise them as his natural children, this is why marriage have been created and of course, gays are not concerned by this.
    Where is your proof of this?

Speaking about Brad and Angelina, I remember that they declared in press, the year they've been married, that if they were so impatient to be married, it was in part because they were afraid that gay marriage be legalized before they take their decision. And that remember us that the legalisation of marriage is a damage inflict to straight because it devoy the institution of marriage and alter the meaning of their union.
    Brad Pitt called New York State's recent passage of a bill legalizing gay marriage an encouraging sign. Might there be signs that he's considering tying the knot?

The actor and partner Angelina Jolie are famous for saying they won't marry until gay marriage is legal everywhere. That's going to be a long, slow fight.
    Read more celebrity gossip at: http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/20...#ixzz1WGo82LZD
    Infertile families are a deficiency tolerate by the system.
    Tolerate makes it sound like it is a problem.

Polyandry is a different thing because it is a straight marriage after all. There's people who live in ménage à trois, that's a fact.
    But still, there are limits in marriage. Gay marriage is a separate issue from any sort of polygamous relationships.

Cool. I did'nt say that to you actually, but to Jennifer who seemed to sugest it.
    I know, but I wasn't sure if that is what you thought.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    A derogation? And why can't they get that through a marriage?
    Because it's simply not what marriage is about, so they need another thing, a civil union.

About Brad and Angie, I was confused.

Where is your proof of this?

It has always happened thorough the history and still happen today: if a woman have children with a man she's not married with, nothing force the man to recognize his children.

Tolerate makes it sound like it is a problem.
    People are seldom happy to be sterile.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Because it's simply not what marriage is about, so they need another thing, a civil union.
    Why not alter the rules a little?

About Brad and Angie, I was confused.
    Understandable

It has always happened thorough the history and still happen today: if a woman have children with a man she's not married with, nothing force the man to recognize his children.
    And marriage does? Just because you are married to someone, it doesn't mean that the children in the family are yours. That simply makes it so other men can recognize children as their own.

People are seldom happy to be sterile.
    I thought you meant the system tolerated it.

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    Why not alter the rules a little?
    It's actually where the true opposition is. There's thoses who think it's unimportant to alter the institution, and thoses who think it deserve to be defended as it is. The Brad and Angie affair, I did'nt really pay attention about this, but then it somewhat made me think that it was a valuable way to envisage the problem. I was actually confused. But it is wrong in my opinion, to say that the absence of gay marriage is a restriction of gays' freedom.

I was completely open about gay marriage initially, but then I became more skeptic. Even in the most gay-friendly society, like ancient Grece, there's was not gay marriage. But married woman had an inferior status. Regarding at the whole history, marriage is really about unify men and women, and their family; and the woman is not necessarly consentant. Gays obviously deserve consentant unions, but that has nothing to do with a marriage and it's not what marriage is about.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

i never in my life have seen a single logical, well-thought out argument against gay marriage. reading this thread has not changed that.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    i never in my life have seen a single logical, well-thought out argument against gay marriage. reading this thread has not changed that.
    Where arethe logical argument in favour of gay marriage? I've never seen any.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

unless a logical argument can be made against this, there doesn't need to be a logical case for other that people want to. that in and of itself is reason enough for anything that does not hurt anyone else
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

i've seen plenty, but really there shouldn't have to be an argument for it. something shouldn't be prohibited unless there's a solid reason for it. i support gay marriage because of my personal values, but objectively it has absolutely no impact on my life whether or not gay people get married. or anyone else's, unless they're a gay person who wants to get married and isn't allowed to.

if you're against it, cool, i probably think you're an asshole but it's your right to feel that way. but there are plenty of things people disagree with on moral/religious grounds, do you think they should all be illegal too?

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    i've seen plenty, but really there shouldn't have to be an argument for it. something shouldn't be prohibited unless there's a solid reason for it.
    Actually, there's not solid reason in favour of gay marriage either. And the goal of the state is not to promote your value. Gay marriage is a useless institution, and if an institution is useless we should'nt create it. Occam's razor.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

It's actually where the true opposition is. There's thoses who think it's unimportant to alter the institution, and thoses who think it deserve to be defended as it is. The Brad and Angie affair, I did'nt really pay attention about this, but then it somewhat made me think that it was a valuable way to envisage the problem. I was actually confused. But it is wrong in my opinion, to say that the absence of gay marriage is a restriction of gays' freedom.

I was completely open about gay marriage initially, but then I became more skeptic. Even in the most gay-friendly society, like ancient Grece, there's was not gay marriage. But married woman had an inferior status. Regarding at the whole history, marriage is really about unify men and women, and their family; and the woman is not necessarly consentant. Gays obviously deserve consentant unions, but that has nothing to do with a marriage and it's not what marriage is about.
    So we shouldn't change because that is the way things are? America isn't ancient Greece.