Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by SmileyMan View Post
    So the government spends 57% of the money given to it by the people, on the people's welfare? That's outrageous. Truly! Most of the people who advocate for the dismantlement of the stupidly called "Entitlement Programs" are too self-centered and shortsighted to understand that welfare programs DO benefit them as well.
    I love you Smiley Man

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Critical Hit View Post
    Because in times of crisis the first thing to do is cut all support for the poor.
    This is what happens to people when they live in the fantasy land called America. They get really dumb ideas, and hoo boy aren't they going to freak out when the U.S. start looks more and more like a third world country.

I'm gonna say "I told you so" as I board my plane for Europe.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Hmm..this is a very complicated thing. First, we like Israel, they are our friends. Second, this isn't easy because it has to do with preventing wars. The world is not as much in harmony as it seems. We could easily revert back to something WWII -ish if the money stops flowing.
    And that's such a bad thing, right?
    The root problem of today is that people have become pacifistic couch-potatoes, which leaves us with over-population.
    A great war wouldn't only lead to wanton destruction, it will evolve us like it always has.
    The earth needs scorching in order to grow and become better.

I only hope nobody resorts to nuclear weapons this time around, that would be... Bad.

If you think of what the last war gave us in terms of social change and technological breakthroughs, say you don't agree at least a little.
    People die all the time, and in reality what cause is greater than the progress of human kind?

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Critical Hit View Post
    Right, because if we Tax the rich they might decide to go John Galt and then just leave. And then what would we do!?
    Oh wait, yes it is.
    They already crunched the numbers, you can take everyones money and there still wont be enough to close the gap. we dont have an income problem we have a SPENDING problem. This is why we need to have less class warfare and rampant emotionalism running the government, it digs the hole deeper.
    Ground control to Major Tom

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

< 100,000 no taxes
    100,000 to 500,000 taxed between 10 and 40%
    500,000 to 1,000,000 taxed between 40 and 60%
    1,000,000 and greater taxed 60 to 80%

^How much revenue would we get if we did this?

Also, all politicians who already make over $100,000 should not be paid a government salary. Why do you get paid over $200,000 for the government job when you make over $1 million already? Are politicians really worth what we pay them? I mean I know they can vote themselves more money; I'd love that ability.

Next the government is really a game being played by the rich and by lobbyists. Since it's their game, they should pay for it. Do hammers and medical care really cost all that much? NO.

Since foreign aid is basically a game played by the rich to benefit the rich, then they should pay for it.

Largely, politics is a game to benefit one rich person's interests over another.

Are "we the people" really in charge of this thing?

So if we made it so that taxes were socially equal, should we also say that the rich could make the decisions since they would then be paying for it? Probably! Would this change anything? Are they already running it now? It might just be more overt.

They might actually get us out of debt, I'd hope.

But for them to remain in power, they should provide everyone with more of the benefits they themselves enjoy. They have better, finer things, but their goal should be to provide health, happiness and security to the masses.

MBTI
    INTP

Foreign aid is just another tool in our diplomatic tool box; as such it makes no sense to cut it. If you prop up an ally they can handle things locally so you don't have to. If you keep a potentially hostile state/regime quiet with a little cash - that is cheaper than perhaps finding yourself in a military confrontation (a whole lot cheaper). It has a useful role in "white propoganda" and can help bolster the image of the US in certain areas of the world.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by BAJ View Post
    < 100,000 no taxes
    100,000 to 500,000 taxed between 10 and 40%
    500,000 to 1,000,000 taxed between 40 and 60%
    1,000,000 and greater taxed 60 to 80%

^How much revenue would we get if we did this?

Also, all politicians who already make over $100,000 should not be paid a government salary. Why do you get paid over $200,000 for the government job when you make over $1 million already? Are politicians really worth what we pay them? I mean I know they can vote themselves more money; I'd love that ability.

Next the government is really a game being played by the rich and by lobbyists. Since it's their game, they should pay for it. Do hammers and medical care really cost all that much? NO.

Since foreign aid is basically a game played by the rich to benefit the rich, then they should pay for it.

Largely, politics is a game to benefit one rich person's interests over another.

Are "we the people" really in charge of this thing?

So if we made it so that taxes were socially equal, should we also say that the rich could make the decisions since they would then be paying for it? Probably! Would this change anything? Are they already running it now? It might just be more overt.

They might actually get us out of debt, I'd hope.

But for them to remain in power, they should provide everyone with more of the benefits they themselves enjoy. They have better, finer things, but their goal should be to provide health, happiness and security to the masses.
    all the productive people would leave!
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    They already crunched the numbers, you can take everyones money and there still wont be enough to close the gap. we dont have an income problem we have a SPENDING problem. This is why we need to have less class warfare and rampant emotionalism running the government, it digs the hole deeper.
    Maybe you have both? You pay hilarious amounts of money on things which might be cut off, but that doesn't mean that raising taxes shouldn't be an option.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Really? I'd like to see those numbers - you are saying that annual governement spending exceeds GDP?
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

Enneagram
    CFV

We should just assert ourselves as a military hegemon and call it good.