User Tag List

First 8910

Results 91 to 99 of 99

  1. #91
    Senior Member Agent Jelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    344

    Default

    Yeah I think all taxes are stealing. Even if we did give the middle class a tax cut and only taxed the rich that's discriminating. If someone goes to school for many years to get a high paying job vs someone who didn't do as much schooling and only desired to be middle class. The principle behind taking the highly educated persons money is WRONG. They did all that extra work for their money! & The US gov. has failed to handle our tax dollars properly (IMO). Taxing is not the answer kicking people out of the white house who overspend is.

    I think a lot of people put themselves in dire circumstances and end up on welfare. I do not think the majority of people on welfare are responsible. If you can't support yourself should you really be having unprotected sex and getting pregnant? No it doesn't make any sense, you do not have money to take care of the child. Life is hard it takes 1. using your brain to make good choices & 2. making the right choice is almost always the harder one. I am a big believer in personal responsibility. If you squander away all your money on bullshit, or decide to do drugs and not better yourself in any way, why should you be entitled to welfare programs? You shouldn't you didn't do anything to deserve them. I do not feel sorry for people who refuse to help themselves and they should not be entitled to my money or anyone elses. Charity & Non-Profit groups should be helping degenerates, not the government. The government is not your mom, dad, or big brother. It is not your pimp, so quit having babies just to make money off of uncle sam. That just makes you a bitch on a puppymill.

    It all comes back to this; if people are rewarded for negative behavior they will continue to do it. We are rewarding people to be leeches of of tax dollars. If we stop rewarding them, they will stop doing it.

  2. #92
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,540
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Jelly View Post
    Yeah I think all taxes are stealing.
    Progressive taxation is a sign of a civilized society.

  3. #93
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Progressive taxation is a sign of a civilized society.
    that's too vague to be of any significance
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  4. #94
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Jelly View Post
    Yeah I think all taxes are stealing. Even if we did give the middle class a tax cut and only taxed the rich that's discriminating. If someone goes to school for many years to get a high paying job vs someone who didn't do as much schooling and only desired to be middle class. The principle behind taking the highly educated persons money is WRONG. They did all that extra work for their money! & The US gov. has failed to handle our tax dollars properly (IMO). Taxing is not the answer kicking people out of the white house who overspend is.

    I think a lot of people put themselves in dire circumstances and end up on welfare. I do not think the majority of people on welfare are responsible. If you can't support yourself should you really be having unprotected sex and getting pregnant? No it doesn't make any sense, you do not have money to take care of the child. Life is hard it takes 1. using your brain to make good choices & 2. making the right choice is almost always the harder one. I am a big believer in personal responsibility. If you squander away all your money on bullshit, or decide to do drugs and not better yourself in any way, why should you be entitled to welfare programs? You shouldn't you didn't do anything to deserve them. I do not feel sorry for people who refuse to help themselves and they should not be entitled to my money or anyone elses. Charity & Non-Profit groups should be helping degenerates, not the government. The government is not your mom, dad, or big brother. It is not your pimp, so quit having babies just to make money off of uncle sam. That just makes you a bitch on a puppymill.

    It all comes back to this; if people are rewarded for negative behavior they will continue to do it. We are rewarding people to be leeches of of tax dollars. If we stop rewarding them, they will stop doing it.
    are you ESFP? you seem like an Fi user?
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  5. #95
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Jelly View Post
    Yeah I think all taxes are stealing. Even if we did give the middle class a tax cut and only taxed the rich that's discriminating. If someone goes to school for many years to get a high paying job vs someone who didn't do as much schooling and only desired to be middle class. The principle behind taking the highly educated persons money is WRONG. They did all that extra work for their money! & The US gov. has failed to handle our tax dollars properly (IMO). Taxing is not the answer kicking people out of the white house who overspend is.

    I think a lot of people put themselves in dire circumstances and end up on welfare. I do not think the majority of people on welfare are responsible. If you can't support yourself should you really be having unprotected sex and getting pregnant? No it doesn't make any sense, you do not have money to take care of the child. Life is hard it takes 1. using your brain to make good choices & 2. making the right choice is almost always the harder one. I am a big believer in personal responsibility. If you squander away all your money on bullshit, or decide to do drugs and not better yourself in any way, why should you be entitled to welfare programs? You shouldn't you didn't do anything to deserve them. I do not feel sorry for people who refuse to help themselves and they should not be entitled to my money or anyone elses. Charity & Non-Profit groups should be helping degenerates, not the government. The government is not your mom, dad, or big brother. It is not your pimp, so quit having babies just to make money off of uncle sam. That just makes you a bitch on a puppymill.

    It all comes back to this; if people are rewarded for negative behavior they will continue to do it. We are rewarding people to be leeches of of tax dollars. If we stop rewarding them, they will stop doing it.

    You are basically judging people after their factual worth for society. There was a time in Germany when they did a similiar thing. They send all the retarded and crippled or poor people to so could concentration camps and killed them. Problem solved, but thats another story.

    Lets play a fictional scenario according to your theory. Every wellfare-receiver that doesnt deserve the welfare, is getting nomore. 1st question: who deserves it and who doesnt ? 2nd question: who will be the judge of that ? Let's say we make rules for 'deservement'. Like, if you have a job and dont do drugs you are allowed to get wellfare if you come into a bad situation by accident. Ok imagine now what that means for the purpose of your life: work allday, be a valueable member to society and then die. Does that ring a bell ? Yes that is communism, cause those rules of 'deservement' cant be made final. There is no way to allocate who deserves what and who doesnt under humans if you dont think in imperatives. You can either help a human disregardless of who he is or you can let it be. You cant only half - help a human. Otherwise you'll condemn a significant amount of the human race to death.

    After all the most important thing is missing: the human component. Why do you say a human who takes drugs allday and lives of welfare is worth less than someone who works his ass of. What if the welfare-receiver at the end of the life invents the warp drive or something like a computer and brings all of mankind onto a new era of existance.

    how can you put any kind of value on human lifes like that and be so sure someone out there on the internet, isnt in this moment putting a value on your life ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  6. #96
    Senior Member Agent Jelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    You are basically judging people after their factual worth for society. There was a time in Germany when they did a similiar thing. They send all the retarded and crippled or poor people to so could concentration camps and killed them. Problem solved, but thats another story.

    Lets play a fictional scenario according to your theory. Every wellfare-receiver that doesnt deserve the welfare, is getting nomore. 1st question: who deserves it and who doesnt ? 2nd question: who will be the judge of that ? Let's say we make rules for 'deservement'. Like, if you have a job and dont do drugs you are allowed to get wellfare if you come into a bad situation by accident. Ok imagine now what that means for the purpose of your life: work allday, be a valueable member to society and then die. Does that ring a bell ? Yes that is communism, cause those rules of 'deservement' cant be made final. There is no way to allocate who deserves what and who doesnt under humans if you dont think in imperatives. You can either help a human disregardless of who he is or you can let it be. You cant only half - help a human. Otherwise you'll condemn a significant amount of the human race to death.

    After all the most important thing is missing: the human component. Why do you say a human who takes drugs allday and lives of welfare is worth less than someone who works his ass of. What if the welfare-receiver at the end of the life invents the warp drive or something like a computer and brings all of mankind onto a new era of existance.

    how can you put any kind of value on human lifes like that and be so sure someone out there on the internet, isnt in this moment putting a value on your life ?

    Comparing Nazi Germany to me saying that people don't deserve welfare is insane. I'm not saying that these people should be KILLED I am simply saying you don't work, you don't eat. Comprehend?


    People who have no where else to turn and are in emergency should be able to receive aid. & even then it should be only temporary. The American people should be the judge of that. If we weren't taxed like crazy we would want to help people more and donate money to charity and non profit groups. Churches and other various groups are meant to take care of those in need really. Not the government. It should be decided on an individual level if we want to help someone. After all it is our money, not the governments.

    Please name an inventor who lived off of welfare. Was Thomas Edison a pothead? Or what about Bill Gates? Were they leeches off of society?

    Personally I don't give a shit what value someone places on my life. I am a productive member of society. I pay my bills & taxes. I do not receive gov assistance. I donate money to the local food bank, and I volunteer for USO. If someone thinks ill of me, that is their problem. I know I am a good citizen.

  7. #97
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Jelly View Post
    Comparing Nazi Germany to me saying that people don't deserve welfare is insane. I'm not saying that these people should be KILLED I am simply saying you don't work, you don't eat. Comprehend?


    People who have no where else to turn and are in emergency should be able to receive aid. & even then it should be only temporary. The American people should be the judge of that. If we weren't taxed like crazy we would want to help people more and donate money to charity and non profit groups. Churches and other various groups are meant to take care of those in need really. Not the government. It should be decided on an individual level if we want to help someone. After all it is our money, not the governments.

    Please name an inventor who lived off of welfare. Was Thomas Edison a pothead? Or what about Bill Gates? Were they leeches off of society?

    Personally I don't give a shit what value someone places on my life. I am a productive member of society. I pay my bills & taxes. I do not receive gov assistance. I donate money to the local food bank, and I volunteer for USO. If someone thinks ill of me, that is their problem. I know I am a good citizen.
    A good thesis can withstand all criticism. So comparing a thesis to a tough opposite is exactly the right thing to do.

    The american people should be the judge of that. The same people that in massive amounts still belive there is a God and that their home security should be protected by building more and more tanks. Those partly paranoid, partly aimless people do you want to give that task ? What makes you think that will work any better than communism did in Russia ?

    Great people who lived from welfare were often authors, like Joanne K. Rowling or Karl May in his last years. An inventor who lived at times in his live of welfare and aid, was Nicolaus Otto the inventor of the combustion engine. Many other inventors had to live from welfare until someone bought their ideas or they have ruined themselves financing a prototype.

    When you are a good citizen by paying your taxes and soothing your conciencse by helping out in the USO, why do you get so angry when someone criticizes you ? I mean you are a good citizen, your opinion must be stable mustnt it ? You are already giving a fuck about others, so why bother now ?

    I tell you one thing, one can never be a good citizen and one can never be good or perfect in anything. Cause life is about growth, change, personal development and the enlightenment to see beyond ones own limitations of thought to grow. if you think you have found the meaning of life by being a good citizen and condemnig all those who do not work as hard as you, you actually have the same opinion like the majority of the citizens in nazi Germany by that time.

    So why am I not allowed to compare you with them ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  8. #98
    Senior Member Agent Jelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    A good thesis can withstand all criticism. So comparing a thesis to a tough opposite is exactly the right thing to do.

    The american people should be the judge of that. The same people that in massive amounts still belive there is a God and that their home security should be protected by building more and more tanks. Those partly paranoid, partly aimless people do you want to give that task ? What makes you think that will work any better than communism did in Russia ?

    Great people who lived from welfare were often authors, like Joanne K. Rowling or Karl May in his last years. An inventor who lived at times in his live of welfare and aid, was Nicolaus Otto the inventor of the combustion engine. Many other inventors had to live from welfare until someone bought their ideas or they have ruined themselves financing a prototype.

    When you are a good citizen by paying your taxes and soothing your conciencse by helping out in the USO, why do you get so angry when someone criticizes you ? I mean you are a good citizen, your opinion must be stable mustnt it ? You are already giving a fuck about others, so why bother now ?

    I tell you one thing, one can never be a good citizen and one can never be good or perfect in anything. Cause life is about growth, change, personal development and the enlightenment to see beyond ones own limitations of thought to grow. if you think you have found the meaning of life by being a good citizen and condemnig all those who do not work as hard as you, you actually have the same opinion like the majority of the citizens in nazi Germany by that time.

    So why am I not allowed to compare you with them ?
    I don't care what you do. I just don't think your comparisons are legit.

    And to repeat this again. THOSE WHO WORK FOR THEIR MONEY SHOULD DECIDE HOW THEY WANT TO SPEND IT. Doesn't matter what money they make, how much, or what social status they have. Communism and libertarianism are very different. you should do more research. I am not going to sit here and explain any further. You obviously are set in your way of thinking and I am not here to change that.

  9. #99
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Touchée
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Similar Threads

  1. Should I cut my hair short?
    By WobblyStilettos in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-06-2016, 11:27 PM
  2. Foreign Aid?
    By ZNP-TBA in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-28-2015, 07:41 AM
  3. What do you think America's role in the world should be?
    By DiscoBiscuit in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 07-09-2012, 10:09 PM
  4. [NF] Should I cut my losses and move on?
    By sabastious in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-01-2009, 06:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO