User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Thread: Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post

I didn't get my history from kindergarten thanksgiving art projects, either. I learned about the Salem Witch Trials in detail in college.
    Wait, you were a lit major not a history major. Did you get all your detailed knowledge from Nathaniel Hawthorne? Because he's full of shit. [edit: or Arthur miller. It was the crucible that was really bad.]
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Beefeater View Post
    Wait, you were a lit major not a history major. Did you get all your detailed knowledge from Nathaniel Hawthorne? Because he's full of shit.
    Nope. Not Nathaniel Hawthorne.

I think the Puritans were crazy because they were such monomaniacs. No holidays, no candles, no theater, no music...what the fucking hell. You should only read so you can read the Bible, hooray for public punishment of sexual acts outside of marriage, and "disciplining" women who didn't perform their "marital duties" (and if they spoke up in church, that's no good either). Yes, I think they were crazy and extremist, even in relation to the religions of their time which can be forgiven on the basis of lack of scientific knowledge.

Of course, a person who keeps insisting strange things in 2011 when there is plenty of availability to both scientific and widespread cultural knowledge, yeah I kinda think they're nuts.

I don't think that about all religious people, though. Let's make that perfectly clear. Some religious people are quite sane.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

It seems fine to me. I wouldn't pay for the doll simply because fuck $89 is a lot for a damn baby doll.

As far as if we're teaching children sexuality.. That part is stupid. Breast feeding is not sexual. Unless it's an adult male and there's no milk involved, I can't see this at all being sexual. Little girls change diapers, watch babies eat, hold them, nurture them all the time.. Both fake and real babies. Simulating something their mother does all the time with a little brother or sister isn't going to endanger them and turn them into prostitutes. I can see this encouraging breastfeeding a bit, but I have no problem with that. What's more natural for a mammal than feeding their own young?

What I do dislike isn't the toy itself, but the trend of girl toys in general. Barbie used to be a doctor, a vet, or even an astronaut....The possibilities of what little girls could play as were career-based and awesome. Of course traditional toys were also available, but astronaut barbie could cook in her spare time.

She's Paris Hilton now.

Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTP

I'm glad I don't have to do it. Other than that I don't really care. I do find it strange when women are strongly for it or against it.
    Why would it be strange to be strongly for it, especially when faced with the well-established health benefits associated with breastfeeding?

Sniffles

Marm, Greek and Latin Classics were often taught in Puritan higher education.

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    Why would it be strange to be strongly for it, especially when faced with the well-established health benefits associated with breastfeeding?
    Maybe it's just the fact that they Call themselves lactivists.

MBTI
    INTP

Maybe it's just the fact that they Call themselves lactivists.
    Lactation is the secretion of milk. It makes sense, but I've never heard of a milk-enthusiast refer to herself or himself as a lactivist.

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    Lactation is the secretion of milk. It makes sense, but I've never heard of a milk-enthusiast refer to herself or himself as a lactivist.

MBTI
    ENFJ

I don't understand why breastfeeding is being sexualized. If anything, that's the propoganda here.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    It seems fine to me. I wouldn't pay for the doll simply because fuck $89 is a lot for a damn baby doll.
    ^This.

I never knew Barbie was an Indonesian mail order bride, and that she had tramp stamped Ken's name!