Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Wouldn't this dip the country's birth rates into negative, though?
    lulz

I'm quite serious, though. A lot of times these girls who romanticize having a baby at an inappropriately young age are just in love with the idea of babies, other people's cute infants or toddlers, and don't even think about how stressful it is, how much energy it takes, how much it will affect their entire lives.

When I was thirteen I was sentenced to watching three children under the age of ten, but over the age of two, for several hours at a time at least once per week.

Then at seventeen, I actually had an experience where I baby-sat an 8 year old, a 2 year old and a three-week old for about a week while their mother went back to work...and cried mercy I totally couldn't do it. It was just too much for me.

That same year I had to watch six children of varying ages in an emergency when a lady who ran a licensed daycare in her home in our neighborhood had to take her son to the hospital or something. (I was a known baby-sitter in my neighborhood). Six kids for several hours by myself. Scary.

The easiest job I had was when I used to keep a 9 year old only child five days per week during the summer breaks from school.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Beefeater View Post
    Life-affirming? I'd like you to spend your time in 17th century America dancing and singing in a mini-skirt and see how long you live. The puritans didn't hate fun they just understood the importance of modesty and moderation especially in their difficult living situation. Also the puritans didn't wear only black. Try not to get your history from kindergarten thanksgiving art projects.

As for the actual topic. I find it kind of disturbing and weird but I don't really care that much and I can understand other cultures and people feeling differently.
    Puritans were insane and this isn't about mini-skirts, stop exaggerating. There's a wide margin between being covered head to toe and wearing an impractical mini-skirt and heels. I'm working class and from the South, you fool...I know all about practical, durable clothing.

I didn't get my history from kindergarten thanksgiving art projects, either. I learned about the Salem Witch Trials in detail in college.

Why does breast feeding make you uncomfortable? God intended for women to breastfeed their children.

MBTI
    INTP

Finally children can be taught the right way to feed a baby and not use that evil bottle.
    That thought actually occurred to me. This seems more productive to society than a lot of people realize.

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    That thought actually occurred to me. This seems more productive to society than a lot of people realize.
    I was joking. I am no lactivist.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

MBTI
    INTP

I was joking. I am no lactivist.
    How do you feel about breastfeeding?

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Puritans were insane
    You also think I'm insane. I still think your views are anachronistic and you are foolish if you don't realize all the good the puritans did. For one they learned from their mistakes and shortly after the Salem witch trials after folks in Boston realized what happened they developed important new rules of evidence For testimony. They made REAL progress. Contrary to that no woman ever died from conservative clothing whereas plenty in the 17th century died from venereal disease.

To tie this into the topic I think puritans might of liked the contraption. After all they were into preparing people for marriage with bed bundling so why not prepare women for breast feeding with a doll?
    I didn't get my history from kindergarten thanksgiving art projects, either. I learned about the Salem Witch Trials in detail in college.
    If I only studied the McCarthy trials I would think all Americans were crazy.

Why does breast feeding make you uncomfortable? God intended for women to breastfeed their children.
    It doesn't. I had a conversation with a woman while she was breastfeeding just a few weeks ago. An 8 year old breastfeeding does make me uncomfortable, but probably because I'm just not used t it. Like I said I really don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    How do you feel about breastfeeding?
    I'm glad I don't have to do it. Other than that I don't really care. I do find it strange when women are strongly for it or against it.

MBTI
    ENFJ

I think by the time one is eight years old, one should have stopped feeding off of mommy.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

You also think I'm insane.
    True.

MBTI
    GONE

I don't get what the big deal is. Girls already are encouraged to play "house" and to play with dolls in the states, the ONLY thing this doll does is add another element to the equation. At least that element is realistic and wholesome.

I think the American mindset of sexuality especially marketed towards 'the youth' it totally fucked. It's breeding a nation of mindless oversexualized children who know kinda how to have sex but nothing about birth control, responsibility, being a good person, consequences. Way to go moral police for teaching "abstinence" as the only viable form of birth control. Watching '16 and Pregnant" on MTV I see how awesomely effective that was.

Breast feeding is NOT SEXUAL. OMG. All this doll does is replace bottle feeding with breast feeding, which has actually been shown (debate start now) to be better for a baby's development. The doll's 'suckling motion' at the mouth is pretty much the same mechanized motion it would make for drinking a bottle. Same thing.

I don't think it's a stupid idea for a doll, I think it's progressive and also smart considering this is probably the only doll of its kind on the market.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari