User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Default European Islamophobes on YouTube

Am I the only one to notice this strange phenomenon? Every now and then I will come across a comment on a video where someone will randomly say something like:

"Fuck muslims and arabs! Long live (insert name of European country)!"
    "The only thing Europe should fear is the Muslim horde!"
    "No more brother's wars! All of Europe needs to close their borders and unite against foreigners!"

Or some shit like that. Invariably the comments will have "thumbs ups" or "likes" or whatever.

Highly disturbing.

I guess I'm just a spoiled Californian, living in a strange, wondrous land, where it's pretty much okay to be Muslim. Funny, for some reason I thought this was the 21st century. The Middle Ages are over! Everyone knows when you start a crusade, a bunch of Mongols pop up out of nowhere and burn down all your cities, duh! Silly Europe.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

There's plenty of American Islamaphobes, and there are more than plenty Californians that aren't as open minded as your typical Bay Area guy. I'd say the big fear in that set is Mexicans, though. Same root cause, except European countries have stronger national identities.

MBTI
    ENFP

I mean I guess it does make sense, with historical grievances and tensions having existed since the beginning of time. But why do they all flock to the same YouTube videos I watch... =(

MBTI
    ENFP

lol now that you mention it, I do have a Muslim INFJ friend that is always subjected to "random" searches whenever she flies -__-

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Self-righteous Islamphobes piss me the hell off, whether they be on YouTube comment section, or the comment sections of any muslim news related story. Seriously, these assholes bitch about how violent muslims are, yet they themselves, if given the oppertunity, would probably start a crusade against the muslims, all due to their ignorance and a slight influx of muslim immigration. Hmmm, strange, where as that happened before in history?

Seriously I wish Islamphobes would drop dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    There's plenty of American Islamaphobes, and there are more than plenty Californians that aren't as open minded as your typical Bay Area guy. I'd say the big fear in that set is Mexicans, though. Same root cause, except European countries have stronger national identities.
    I think the issue with California, Texas, and New Mexico are that they are Minority-Majority states. The biggest influx of many immigrants (both legal and illegal) are coming from Mexico.

Another issue with these states is that all three of these states has had a history with Mexico. Texas was originally both a living place for Tex-Mexs and California being known as Alta-California at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas
    According to the 2010 United States census, the racial and ethnic composition of Texas was the following:

White: 70.4% (Non-Hispanic Whites: 45.3%)
    Black or African American: 11.8%
    Native American: 0.7%
    Asian: 3.8%
    Pacific Islander: 0.1%
    Some other race: 10.5%
    Two or more races: 2.7%

Hispanic or Latino (of any race): 37.6%
    Quote Originally Posted by California
    Whereas according to the 2010 U.S. Census Bureau:[49]

57.6% White (40.1% Non-Hispanic White)
    13.0% Asian (3.4% Chinese, 3.2% Filipino, 1.6% Vietnamese, 1.4% Indian, 1.2% Korean, 0.7% Japanese, 1.6% "Other Asian")
    6.2% Black or African American
    1.0% Native American
    4.9% Multiracial (1.3% White and "Some Other Race", 1.2% White and Asian, 0.6% White and Native American, 0.5% White and Black, 1.3% Other)
    0.4% Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander (0.1% Samoan, 0.1% Guamanian or Chamorro, 0.1% Native Hawaiian, 0.2% "Other Pacific Islander")
    37.6% are Hispanic or Latino (of any race) (30.7% Mexican, 0.5% Puerto Rican, 0.2% Cuban, 6.2% "Other Hispanic or Latino")
    Quote Originally Posted by New Mexico
    Race/Ethnicity in New Mexico (2010)[37]
    White (alone) 68.4% <-------- possible miscalculation of some sort.
    Black/African American 2.1%
    Asian 1.4%
    American Indian 9.4%
    Pacific Islander 0.1%
    Other 15.0%
    Two or more races 3.7%
    Hispanic/Latino (of any race) 46.3%
    If you compare this to other countries, most are culturally "that" country. France with its Francophone countries and European neighbors. Japan and Germany being very homogenous when it comes to native born citizens. When it comes to a more homogenous country, that country wants YOU to adopt its local culture if you want to live there.

This is the main difference between the U.S. and other countries. Many immigrants that do come here, they tend to keep their own culture or language. Their parents aren't always willing to learn English and would rather stick with Spanish.

There is also the issue of where immigrants tend to reside. Hispanics (particularly the Mexican population) in the U.S. tend to reside on what was traditionally Mexico before it was ceded over to America.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

I'm really sick of people telling me who or what I can and can't dislike for what reasons.
    I really don't like the Islamic cultures, and I have a lot of experience through having interacted with hundreds of individuals throughout my entire life.
    There are individuals that I like, of course, but nearly all of them are just from areas that suck and have since coming here become secularized citizens just like the rest of my fellow swedes.
    Religious people quite generally suck, it's just that there are a lot fewer fanatically devoted christians *even in Sweden* than there are crazy muslims.
    The christian fanatics are of course our village idiots, but I see no need to import village idiots from far away. The ones we have (laestadians, jehova's witnesses, pentecostals etc) are bad enough.
    Thankfully, some of the people who come here abandon religion after having been assimilated into our western culture.

This crap has nothing at all to do with skin color, it has to do with culture/religion. Racism is pretty damn stupid, since we're all biologically the same.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

Quote Originally Posted by Tofu562 View Post
    Am I the only one to notice this strange phenomenon? Every now and then I will come across a comment on a video where someone will randomly say something like:

"Fuck muslims and arabs! Long live (insert name of European country)!"
    "The only thing Europe should fear is the Muslim horde!"
    "No more brother's wars! All of Europe needs to close their borders and unite against foreigners!"

Or some shit like that. Invariably the comments will have "thumbs ups" or "likes" or whatever.

Highly disturbing.

I guess I'm just a spoiled Californian, living in a strange, wondrous land, where it's pretty much okay to be Muslim. Funny, for some reason I thought this was the 21st century. The Middle Ages are over! Everyone knows when you start a crusade, a bunch of Mongols pop up out of nowhere and burn down all your cities, duh! Silly Europe.
    This would make more sense is your country hadn't invaded two Islamic countries, wasn't flying drones over three more Islamic countries in order to assassinate muslims; and if your country didn't have military bases in five more muslim countries.

Reading YouTube comments was your first mistake.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    Reading YouTube comments was your first mistake.
    touche.