User Tag List

First 234

Results 31 to 40 of 40

  1. #31
    RETIRED CzeCze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    GONE
    Posts
    9,051

    Default

    @tiffany, thanks for entering this discussion and offering your viewpoints You should make an introductory thread in the welcomes thread if you haven't done so already.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

    "I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

    Johari/Nohari

  2. #32
    Courage is immortality Valiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE
    Posts
    3,919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tiffany View Post
    Also, I'm not from Europe! So perhaps my views aren't precisely what the thread was calling for. I actually live in the #1 ranked worst city for crime in the US, so when YourLocalJesus justified their views by saying they'd "seen a lot", I had to hold back. I've also seen a lot of terrible things from certain ethnic and cultural groups in my city, this does not make me hate any of them.
    Hey, you still live in the United States. You don't know how it is like here. The problems originate in those groups. No groups, no problems.
    Not as in hating them or wanting to kill them, but as in not wanting them as neighbors or citizens. Why the bloody hell would anyone want close to a million people that we have to feed with tax money?
    Like I said: 17.5% of our freaking tax revenue goes to that. Besides this, they stir up a whole lot of crap. Zero work ethic/effectiveness, their education sucks compared to our standard, even if they're "engineers" or "doctors".
    Tell me again, why do we have any form of obligation towards them? They have lived out their welcome years ago. This is not their home. Hell, even they seem to think that because they sure aren't contributing with almost anything constructive.

    Seriously, I do not hate anyone. I don't wish to hurt anyone. But this country belongs to me and my countrymen, and we should be able to throw out guests if they aren't welcome anymore.
    Our way of accepting people into the fold and giving them our rights without them having to earn them has been abused for decades now, and it is time it stops. The situation is very... Polarized right now. I'd say half the population don't really want them here in varying degrees, and the numbers are growing rapidly.
    So it's just a question of when they'll go away now. It's just a simple matter of legislation, a few riots, a lot of transporting and then finally rebuilding our economy and peace.

    Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

  3. #33
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Nazis have it hard in everyday life, here's an example:

    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ROjsEe2ZgA"].[/YOUTUBE]
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  4. #34
    Courage is immortality Valiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE
    Posts
    3,919

    Default

    Nazi skinheads? That's sooooo 90's...

    Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

  5. #35
    Post Human Post Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,491

    Default

    Do you think there are more European Islamophobes on Youtube than Islamic Europeanophobes? Or is it like 50/50?

  6. #36
    Freaking Ratchet Rail Tracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    Hey, you still live in the United States. You don't know how it is like here. The problems originate in those groups. No groups, no problems.
    Not as in hating them or wanting to kill them, but as in not wanting them as neighbors or citizens. Why the bloody hell would anyone want close to a million people that we have to feed with tax money?
    Like I said: 17.5% of our freaking tax revenue goes to that. Besides this, they stir up a whole lot of crap. Zero work ethic/effectiveness, their education sucks compared to our standard, even if they're "engineers" or "doctors".
    Tell me again, why do we have any form of obligation towards them? They have lived out their welcome years ago. This is not their home. Hell, even they seem to think that because they sure aren't contributing with almost anything constructive.

    Seriously, I do not hate anyone. I don't wish to hurt anyone. But this country belongs to me and my countrymen, and we should be able to throw out guests if they aren't welcome anymore.
    Our way of accepting people into the fold and giving them our rights without them having to earn them has been abused for decades now, and it is time it stops. The situation is very... Polarized right now. I'd say half the population don't really want them here in varying degrees, and the numbers are growing rapidly.
    We do, actually. Like I said, the rise of Mexican immigrants (both legal and illegal.) It is readily apparent in the South-West and Western United States. In California, they make up the bulk (again... both legal and illegal) immigrants and it doesn't seem to be stopping either.

    I'm all for "legal," I'm not for "illegal." When illegal immigrants start shouting for rights (or the same rights as "legals",) you begin noticing something is really off.

  7. #37
    Sugar Hiccup OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Burning Rave View Post
    I think the issue with California, Texas, and New Mexico are that they are Minority-Majority states. The biggest influx of many immigrants (both legal and illegal) are coming from Mexico.

    Another issue with these states is that all three of these states has had a history with Mexico. Texas was originally both a living place for Tex-Mexs and California being known as Alta-California at the time.

    If you compare this to other countries, most are culturally "that" country. France with its Francophone countries and European neighbors. Japan and Germany being very homogenous when it comes to native born citizens. When it comes to a more homogenous country, that country wants YOU to adopt its local culture if you want to live there.

    This is the main difference between the U.S. and other countries. Many immigrants that do come here, they tend to keep their own culture or language. Their parents aren't always willing to learn English and would rather stick with Spanish.

    There is also the issue of where immigrants tend to reside. Hispanics (particularly the Mexican population) in the U.S. tend to reside on what was traditionally Mexico before it was ceded over to America.

    Race/Ethnicity in New Mexico (2010)[37]
    White (alone) 68.4% <-------- possible miscalculation of some sort.
    Black/African American 2.1%
    Asian 1.4%
    American Indian 9.4%
    Pacific Islander 0.1%
    Other 15.0%
    Two or more races 3.7%
    Hispanic/Latino (of any race) 46.3%
    Quote Originally Posted by Burning Rave View Post
    We do...like I said, the rise of Mexican immigrants (both legal and illegal.) It is readily apparent in the South-West and Western United States. In California, they make up the bulk (again... both legal and illegal) immigrants and it doesn't seem to be stopping either.
    No doubt there are many recent Mexican immigrants, but people also need to keep in mind that there are a lot of Spanish speaking people in the South West who are not immigrants. The Spanish colonized the South West and it was a part of New Spain for hundreds of years. Their descendants (many of whom mixed with the Natives & are often called "Mexicans" now, as the South West was briefly once Mexican territory) make up a decent portion of Spanish speaking people in the US. So they immigrated before the US existed or those states were part of the US....and they simply continued living here after it became a part of the US. Naturally the South West still has remnants of its Spanish colonization, both in population & culture.

    True, these people often speak English & consider themselves Americans, but they still may possess a Spanish accent & much of their heritage's culture, so that when identifying them in public you may wrongly assume they are recent "immigrants".

    FYI, the NM stats are not a miscalculation. Some "Hispanics" identify predominantly with a European heritage (namely Spanish), and this is especially true of those in NM, & so they identify racially as "white" & culturally as "Hispanic". Hispanic is a cultural designation after all, not a racial one. This is why the census asks you if you're Hispanic or not, and then it also asks your race.

    /tangent
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

  8. #38
    Freaking Ratchet Rail Tracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    No doubt there are many recent Mexican immigrants, but people also need to keep in mind that there are a lot of Spanish speaking people in the South West who are not immigrants. The Spanish colonized the South West and it was a part of New Spain for hundreds of years. Their descendants (many of whom mixed with the Natives & are often called "Mexicans" now, as the South West was briefly once Mexican territory) make up a decent portion of Spanish speaking people in the US. So they immigrated before the US existed or those states were part of the US....and they simply continued living here after it became a part of the US. Naturally the South West still has remnants of its Spanish colonization, both in population & culture.

    True, these people often speak English & consider themselves Americans, but they still may possess a Spanish accent & much of their heritage's culture, so that when identifying them in public you may wrongly assume they are recent "immigrants".

    FYI, the NM stats are not a miscalculation. Some "Hispanics" identify predominantly with a European heritage (namely Spanish), and this is especially true of those in NM, & so they identify racially as "white" & culturally as "Hispanic". Hispanic is a cultural designation after all, not a racial one. This is why the census asks you if you're Hispanic or not, and then it also asks your race.

    /tangent
    Guh, before my connection disappears for the nth time today.

    It was pretty much what I said on my first post, though, not explicitly,

    What kind of system can we create to

    1: Move the so called "illegals" out.
    2: Not infringe on the people who are living here legally (before and after the states around here were ceded to the U.S.)

  9. #39
    Senior Member lowtech redneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tiffany View Post
    There are definitely terrible things happening in some Muslim communities but posting things that Tofu562 originally mentioned like "Fuck muslims and arabs! Long live (insert name of European country)!" is wrong no matter what the motives behind it.
    I agree with that much.

    On the other hand, the Islamic world is in dire need of a religious 'reformation' of some sort, and I don't think that will happen without ideological confrontations to move things along (for instance, insisting that Muslim groups and individuals adopt and promote interpretations of Islam that support basic rights such as freedom of religion and freedom of speech, as well as the separation of religion and state, or face social condemnation). I think that issue is a much more serious problem than 'Islamaphobia'.

  10. #40
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,545

    Neurosis and Islamophobia

    Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    On the other hand, the Islamic world is in dire need of a religious 'reformation' of some sort, and I don't think that will happen without ideological confrontations to move things along (for instance, insisting that Muslim groups and individuals adopt and promote interpretations of Islam that support basic rights such as freedom of religion and freedom of speech, as well as the separation of religion and state, or face social condemnation). I think that issue is a much more serious problem than 'Islamaphobia'.
    Yes. And a phobia is a neurosis. And qualified psychologists are successful in curing all kinds of phobias. Yet, not one psychologist in the whole world has tried to cure the phobia of Islam, or Islamophobia. Why is this?

    This is simply because Islamophobia is not a neurosis, rather it is a political insult to intimidate those who dare critique Islam.

Similar Threads

  1. Dumb teenage bank robber on youtube
    By lowtech redneck in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-10-2012, 08:34 PM
  2. Natalie Tran (Community Channel) on youtube mbti?
    By goodgrief in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-17-2010, 03:14 PM
  3. Interactive Test on YouTube
    By Trepidation in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-12-2009, 01:24 PM
  4. Good Movies and shows available on YouTube
    By TickTock in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-25-2009, 06:19 PM
  5. Me rapping on youtube...
    By Sona in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-10-2007, 03:36 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO