User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Super congress? The fuck? I really wish I could watch that video right now.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

temporary might be enough to make things worse
    9w?

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    Super congress? The fuck? I really wish I could watch that video right now.
    What the OP really means is a super committee. It is their way of trying to make something bigger than it really seems, but that is only because it is usually a rare occurrence.

Committees are common occurrences. There is a budget committee on both sides for things, say, the military(as an easy example.)

"Super" committees are used when a problem is going to take a long time to figure out. But once the problem is finally dealt with, the committee disbands. It allows congress more time to also decide on other issues at hand. For example, in the allotted time congress has spent bickering about the debt ceiling and the debt "crisis" they could of spent that time making way to increase jobs and the economy. Now we are actually paying for it because jobs have actually decrease because of the bickering.

MBTI
    INFP

Jobs have decreased regardless, due to the accumulated failed policies of at least the last decade.
    The entire thing was a charade though, as it is, there are no cuts...default happens anyway.
    Since they refused to make actual cuts on the budget, default happens. Nobody gets late checks or restructured debt, and the Fed will be buying up the debt with newly created money. Which in return will make things look nice for the stockmarket, but cost of living, and almost any commodity you can think of will go up in price. Wage earners , check receivers and savers will not be pleased.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Hmm, so is this a good or a bad idea?
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

If you have seen what has token over Congress the whole year, you would think it is a good idea.

Just think of the committee as a part of congress. Its main goal is to come up with a plan so that the whole congress can vote on to pass. You can think of congress, as a whole, creating a movie. This committee, within the congress, are the ones trying to put the film together before it is ready for the movie theaters and dvd.

While these 12 congressmen/woman are hammering everything for the debt ceiling, the rest of congress can focus on other issues. We've already seen congress spend over half a year not doing much besides the debt ceiling. Think of how much impediment would it be if all we did for 3 years was constantly talk about the debt ceiling - we won't get far. Congress has many other issues to think about besides the debt ceiling. You can think of the FAA workers as one of the victims of this debt ceiling battle, as a deal wasn't reach for these workers until after this bill was made to create a committee.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

As in any representational system, shouldn't the question be "Do we have good or bad representatives?"
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell