User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    That's not something I want to "rationalize".
    Hitler did.

The initial victims of "the rationalization" procedure: Schizophrenics, invalids. Strangers.
    He later "rationalized" the Germans would not object to Holocaust:
    "Mind you, it (the Jew) is a stranger."

Rational for Lark is a synonym for natural; rational is what comes natural to him.
    "I think it is only natural that you don't feel strongly about strangers .. "

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by MatsNorway View Post
    They have guns available. They just need permission to get them first.
    I can only LOL at this concept when considering American cities such as New Orleans, Detroit and Oakland.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Hitler did.

The initial victims of "the rationalization" procedure: Schizophrenics, invalids. Strangers.

Rational for Lark is a synonym for natural; rational is what comes natural to him.

Annnnnndddd Godwin's Law has been deployed. I do believe I will see myself out now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ego Reparate; Ob Me Non Deficiat.
    INTJ - RCOEI - sx/sp/so - Tritype: 683 (6w5-8w9-3w4) - True Neutral
    "Yeah, wisdom always chooses/These black eyes and these bruises"
    "Over the heartache that they say/Never completely goes away..."

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer View Post

Annnnnndddd Godwin's Law has been deployed. I do believe I will see myself out now.
    There used to be two places to be down and out.
    Paris and London.
    Les Halles and the gratis food is gone, in Paris.
    Times change. Regrets.

Try London.
    Time: Early.
    Place: Coventry Garden.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    They have a job where they are at risk of being killed
    By someone lying prone on the ground screaming for dear life while surrounded by a pack of men standing with weapons drawn?

If you don't want any kind of social critiques and just get into everyday logistics - cops need way more training and learn how to control their adrenaline. Cops can't shoot for sh*t in the heat of the moment (actually most people can't, this has to be trained and learned) and being antsy exacerbates pack behavior (which as a cop is dangerous and I think this is the biggest danger to the public) and basically aren't trained enough in the proper use of tasers or whatnot.

Of course if you ask WHY the cops don't get the training they need, some might say the powers who pay them don't think it's necessary and actually benefit from abuse.

When I read the story about the Brazilian man who was executed I can't really describe what I felt. I already knew nothing was going to happen to any of the people involved and nothing did. I think the only thing that changed was they changed the name of the operation the man was executed under, which was kinda a stupid sounding name to begin with "operation kratos" or something. I read (an alleged but I believe it) eye witness account who said she saw the man murdered right in front of her eyes and saw the terror in his eyes and I'm pretty sure it gave her PTSD. I would not want that image in my head.

I hope everyone involved in that man's death has a loved one murdered by authorities in the exact same way they murdered this man. I think that's the only way it would ever get through to them exactly how evil what they did was. People who do things like this never, ever have to bear the acknowledgement let alone shame, of being murderers. Once you are on the side of the state, all your actions are sanctioned, protected, and therefore just. And you have a small army shielding and protecting you from the truth because they have an even greater vested interest in the facade.

I know, did I just say all that? I guess I'm going to hell, too.

Of course, if people really want to talk about "the end of police brutality" you are talking about a "police state" and then you're really talking about huge, fundamental changes to society and the economy which would by definition be a violent change, and most people, even those who see a pattern of abuses - are unwilling to go there.

I just thank god I am an educated American accented light-skinned east Asian female, authorities might not take me very seriously but my chances of being shot for being "suspicious" or "a threat" are much, much lower than some other people. I need as much protection as I can from the people who supposedly are meant to protect us.

Dood, even asshole rent a cops at the airport pull stuff.

Ok, now I'm just ranting.

http://www.prisonexp.org/

That really sums up a lot of the uglier aspects of human behavior - you codify this behavior and build a system around it, you pretty much make it a permanent fixture of society. Enjoy.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I used to want to be a cop... but then I realized witnessing shit like this would sky rocket my blood pressure and I'd go fucking crazy on another officer. Its really sad, I think people become cops for the wrong reason. I wanted to be one to handle a situation properly and help people. It seems like a lot of them just want to be a macho power dickwads.

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Hitler did.

You know what's better than attributing beliefs to people? Having the balls to ask them what they think instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Jelly View Post
    I used to want to be a cop... but then I realized witnessing shit like this would sky rocket my blood pressure and I'd go fucking crazy on another officer. Its really sad, I think people become cops for the wrong reason. I wanted to be one to handle a situation properly and help people. It seems like a lot of them just want to be a macho power dickwads.
    I reckon there are a lot of people who join to fight crime, its not a power trip but I dont think there's any other profession which people will believe the worst of with so little evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    It's a nice fantasy to believe that all police are moral, reasonable people who go into law enforcement to maintain the peace in their communities and yes some are, but in truth some of them are little more than borderline retards with excessive "self-confidence."
    Why pick on the police? You could as much be talking about people in general.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer View Post
    And @Marmie Dearest: the correct answer is almost all are, not some are. Most police officers are decent guys who really do have a sense of justice and want to protect people. Again, it's the "borderline retards with excessive 'self-confidence'" that get reported on Channel 5 Late Night News. No one does stories on how good cops haven't beaten people up lately... why would they? Who would watch that? It's so much easier to get people riled up so that they'll tune in more often. News is no longer about facts, it's about shock value.
    That's nice but I know this from police officers I've met face to face PLUS the ones on the news. I've met those borderline retards in person, thank you very much, and not even in L.A., home of the crazy cops, I've met them in North Cackalacky.

The media isn't always the devil trying to get people riled up. I wouldn't make such an elaborate statement had my personal experience of police officers always been what it's "supposed to be."

I'll agree that many cops are decent human beings who want to do their job correctly but no there's plenty of them who aren't, who are simply gangsters on the right side of the law.