User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    They beat a man to death for resisting arrest. Where is that justified, Soviet Russia?

You're right. We should always submit to authority. Heil Hitler.

Freak.
    Yes, you should. Soviet Russian and Nazi Germany are not authorities, they are forces of hostile takeover ruled by dictatorship. Our country is run by election.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctus Iacobus View Post
    Lol! That's fresh. And yes, you should. Soviet Russian and Nazi Germany are not authorities, they are forces of hostile takeover ruled by dictatorship. Our country is run by election.
    Soviet Russia and Nazi Germany happened because of people like you.

I wasn't sure they existed any more in the United States, unless they were over 60.

MBTI
    STP

Soviet Russia and Nazi Germany happened because of people like you.

I wasn't sure they existed any more in the United States, unless they were over 60.
    Me, really? It seems to me like you're the one attacking me because I'm disagreeing with you, a behavior much like police officers who must subdue offenders through violent means when they don't cooperate.

The only difference is, you're no authority on the matter, aside from being more upset about this than I am.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Me, really? It seems to me like you're the one attacking me because I'm disagreeing with you, a behavior much like police officers who must subdue offenders through violent means when they don't cooperate.

The only difference is, you're no authority on the matter, aside from being more upset about this than I am.
    Believing that authority is right and that anyone who messies up authority's day is automatically wrong is childish black and white thinking. It's scary.

It's the mind of a person who could be brainwashed.

You also think a dying man's screams were amusing. I took note of your entire post, not just your blind worship of The Man.

MBTI
    STP

Believing that authority is right and that anyone who messies up authority's day is automatically wrong is childish black and white thinking. It's scary.

It's the mind of a person who could be brainwashed.

You also think a dying man's screams were amusing. I took note of your entire post, not just your blind worship of The Man.
    I said I was amused by the media because they misrepresent and exaggerate things. I find this highly amusing, as I find you highly amusing, because like the media you incite arguments and uproar through misinformation.

And for the record, I don't worship "the Man" (here we see your anti-authoritarian pre-disposition finally coming out in the open) I'm just saying resisting the established government authority is a stupid thing to do, and most people understand it will usually lead you to get hurt or killed in some way.

Another personal attack coming in 3...2...1...

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Although the title tries to suggest otherwise, I think this person, like many, was the primary contributor to his own suffering and death. Unsurprisingly, among his "totured screams" (lol, gotta love the media) you can hear him state rather plainly "I didn't do anything to you"... yeah, except resist arrest. As far as whether it was justified to beat him to death, it's hard to say... I believe they did the right thing to the point that he was failing to submit, I don't care how gentle you supposedly are--your true nature comes out in the face of submitting to an authority, and in this sense he wasn't cooperating, so his suffering should be expected.

People who resist the police and then act like it's some surprise deserve the beating they get. Seriously, what are you thinking? You're going to make a point by disobeying? That's just stupid, I'm afraid.
    What part of the word schizophrenia do you not understand?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I said I was amused by the media because they misrepresent and exaggerate things. I find this highly amusing, as I find you highly amusing, because like the media you incite arguments and uproar through misinformation.

And for the record, I don't worship "the Man" (here we see your anti-authoritarian pre-disposition finally coming out in the open) I'm just saying resisting the established government authority is a stupid thing to do, and most people understand it will usually lead you to get hurt or killed in some way.
    Most people aren't homeless paranoid schizophrenics, Mr. Smarty Pants.

I'm not anti-authoritarian, either. Some people would consider some of my beleifs to be nanny state. It's just that I'm sensible enough to question authority, including my own political party or chosen groups, and weight each incident on a case by case basis.

Just because these police men are psychotic thugs doesn't mean all police men are psychotic thugs, just as all authority figures are not justified in their actions while others are.

Beating an unarmed man to death for resisting arrest is against the law, I'm sure.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    What part of the word schizophrenia do you not understand?
    Wait, so we're saying that this person's schizophrenia is the reason that, (and here is a quote from the media, so who knows what was actually said)

Fullerton police Sgt Andrew Goodrich said that Thomas began to fight officers as they tried to search him.
    He said: 'We don't know why he was so combative and resistant to the officers, but it took upwards of five to six officers to subdue him.
    'Sometimes when we take people into custody who don't want to go into custody, we have to use force. It is never the preferred way of doing things.'

Maybe that's a symptom of schizophrenia I'm not familiar with, or perhaps his schizophrenia contributed to his violent reaction, which makes sense if he is that out of touch with what is going on. I know this is possible because under the influence of certain drugs, people will fight police and it can take a handful of officers to restrain the person. If this was the case, then this is a tragedy that this man did not receive the proper care and medication needed to function in our society and this was probably not the only incident he's had, if he's that out of touch. I imagine a group of mental health care workers would have handled him more delicately than the police.

A better question is, why was this man homeless and uncared for if his father was a retired Sheriff?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Maybe the police should be taught martial arts so that they know how to subdue people without murdering them.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Wait, so we're saying that this person's schizophrenia is the reason that, (and here is a quote from the media, so who knows what was actually said)

Fullerton police Sgt Andrew Goodrich said that Thomas began to fight officers as they tried to search him.
    He said: 'We don't know why he was so combative and resistant to the officers, but it took upwards of five to six officers to subdue him.
    'Sometimes when we take people into custody who don't want to go into custody, we have to use force. It is never the preferred way of doing things.'

Maybe that's a symptom of schizophrenia I'm not familiar with, or perhaps his schizophrenia contributed to his violent reaction, which makes sense if he is that out of touch with what is going on. I know this is possible because under the influence of certain drugs, people will fight police and it can take a handful of officers to restrain the person. If this was the case, then this is a tragedy that this man did not receive the proper care and medication needed to function in our society and this was probably not the only incident he's had, if he's that out of touch. I imagine a group of mental health care workers would have handled him more delicately than the police.
    The problem is this...the police would have handled it differently if they knew they were being watched. But they weren't being watched, so they indulged, then they lied. Typical police behavior.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."