Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    There was a young fella in his early 20's who told me he was planning on becoming a cop. Within seconds I had his vibe down, but I still wanted to hear what kind of answer he'd give me, after asking why he wanted to become one.

"I want to crack skulls."

I looked him in the eye and told him to grow the fuck up.
    It's people like him who end up in situations like the one you posted.
    "Protect and Serve" becomes "Pummel and Shoot."
    Yes that's the problem. I think police should be more educated, something, there should be some kind of psychological testing, I don't know.

I know we have to have the police, and that there are good cops.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

For what it's worth, Lark - I lived in Ireland for three years (Dublin) and was surprised to note that people didn't hate the Gardai. My surprise was due to growing up in Canada, where even law-abiding people routinely hate the police. I thought it was normal to hate the police.

I've had so little to do with them that, well, I don't really know. But a lot of Canadian police do seem to be on a real power trip, and American police are likely similar. There have been some pretty terrible incidents involving the RCMP in recent years.

Of course, I now live in the UK and there have been some pretty terrible incidents involving the Met, and also coverups and lies etc. I live not that far from the tube station where Jean Paul de Menezes, an innocent man, was gunned down in the wake of 7/7, and the police sure did their damndest to cover that up.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Ginkgo

Power tends to attract pathological personalities.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post

Although mind you it is a stranger, I think its only rational that you dont feel as strongly about strangers, particularly those which are remote in some way or very different to you, as about immediate associates, family, friends and acquaintences.
    That's not something I want to "rationalize".

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Catharsis View Post

these men will suffer severe consequences for their actions.
    The question is will they get paid leave, or unpaid leave?

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-4o1CxvKfE

I've always wanted to create a series called "Justice Gone Wild" or "Real World - Police Brutality" where film crews roll around collecting footage like what's in the OP. Public awareness comes through the idiot box, it's on real if it gets a series.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    ISTx

I'm going to need more information before I say much. In cases like this, where there's very limited information available as to what led up to the incident that got someone hurt/killed, I've noticed people always assume the best of the suspect and the worst of the officers involved.

Thomas has a previous conviction for assault with a deadly weapon 16 years ago, according to Gawker, which has been attributed to the onset of his illness.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1Tjglnk9m
    Who's to say there was no weapon involved this time? Maybe there was, maybe there wasn't. No need to let the blood boil before the facts come out though. If anyone intends to follow this story, keep us updated.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    There was a young fella in his early 20's who told me he was planning on becoming a cop. Within seconds I had his vibe down, but I still wanted to hear what kind of answer he'd give me, after asking why he wanted to become one.

"I want to crack skulls."
    Yeah, that shit is nauseating. I knew a couple of people in the military who shared the same mentality (whether they openly admitted it, or it was just painfully obvious). Whatever, mongs will be mongs.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I think I`ve read a story about police officer shooting up a families home.

the reason this happened was the officer was a gang member before he became a cop, and was retaliating for his old gang. my question is, how the hell did this guy be given the opportunity to be a cop.

part of the reason there are crazy cops is due to someone not screening right, standards are not being held high enough or being consistently met and they are allowing anyone to be a cop.

those cops, probably have some history of violence, grew up in a racist home or community that was not as diverse. there needs to be more thought in the screening and taking into account of the back ground where the officers are coming from.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    Yeah, that shit is nauseating. I knew a couple of people in the military who shared the same mentality (whether they openly admitted it, or it was just painfully obvious). Whatever, mongs will be mongs.
    From a cop, that's not a proper attitude, I'll heartily agree.
    From a soldier/Marine... you do realize their entire job is to kill people, right?
    Why get soldiers/Marines who don't want to kill people? You hesitate on the battlefield, you die. It's one thing for us to romanticize the unwilling draftee in our lyrical productions and Hollywood films, but soldiers and Marines in today's armed forces are volunteers, and they go through quite rigorous training for one single purpose: to kill other human beings. Like really, man, that's all they're trained to do. (Just ask any veteran who's been honorably discharged how they're doing adapting to a civilian job market, and you'll see what I mean) That is the proper mentality for the armed forces. It is not for the police.

Love, your friendly neighborhood mong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ego Reparate; Ob Me Non Deficiat.
    INTJ - RCOEI - sx/sp/so - Tritype: 683 (6w5-8w9-3w4) - True Neutral
    "Yeah, wisdom always chooses/These black eyes and these bruises"
    "Over the heartache that they say/Never completely goes away..."