User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Anew Leaf

I would ask if ignorance is bliss, but considering how cranky you are, I am going to go with "no, ignorance is not actually bliss."

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    Please let this be a troll! Please let this be a troll! Please let this be a troll!
    I believe the Red Cross does a lot of great work in the world. But if they want my 50 cents, they'll have to try a lot harder than those ads they put on these days.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    Please let this be a troll! Please let this be a troll! Please let this be a troll!

Agreed
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Agreed
    (They get the wrong idea from the thread title, and then go on to make further assumptions based on their first ass-umption...)

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    (They get the wrong idea from the thread title, and then go on to make further assumptions based on their first ass-umption...)
    Actually, I've read the thread but lately it seems clear to me that rational discussion with you is difficult to obtain.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Actually, I've read the thread but lately it seems clear to me that rational discussion with you is difficult to obtain.
    Show me the irrational parts of my side of the thread.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    I believe the Red Cross does a lot of great work in the world. But if they want my 50 cents, they'll have to try a lot harder than those ads they put on these days.
    Actually, the Red Cross is a bloated self-serving institution and most of the money you give them will go to overhead. If you want to make a real difference, send your donations to legitimate, usually small operations 'on the ground' in places you want to help. This was very true in the case of the earthquake in Haiti for instance.

As for the current ads, after a while people become desensitized to images and probably today they would be considered vulgar or offensive. Also, gotta switch up your campaign or else people stop responding the way you want.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Actually, the Red Cross is a bloated self-serving institution and most of the money you give them will go to overhead. If you want to make a real difference, send your donations to legitimate, usually small operations 'on the ground' in places you want to help. This was very true in the case of the earthquake in Haiti for instance.

As for the current ads, after a while people become desensitized to images and probably today they would be considered vulgar or offensive. Also, gotta switch up your campaign or else people stop responding the way you want.
    In a lot of ways, you're just reflecting my own opinions here, the same ones others denounce me for.

MBTI
    INTP

Well don't send your 50 cents and feel clever. At least somebody will get something out of the deal.

Of course there is empirical data available that shows the horn of Africa is experiancing a severe drought and has had attendant crop failures. But finding that requires a bit more work than looking at commercials and ads.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by jimrckhnd View Post
    Well don't send your 50 cents and feel clever. At least somebody will get something out of the deal.

Of course there is empirical data available that shows the horn of Africa is experiancing a severe drought and has had attendant crop failures. But finding that requires a bit more work than looking at commercials and ads.
    The Red Cross's "Horn of Africa" campaign to collect $1000000 is partly based on pictures of pretty African children, and the rest is basically taking their word that those other things exist. Most people aren't going to bother doing the fact-verification. Why would they lie?