User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I googled news stories about this situation and found plenty of pictures of extremely unhealthy-looking/starving children, but anyway. Carry on.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    intp

I'm not saying that those groups are all virtuous, or that the money ever gets to African children, starving or otherwise. However, it might be best to research the situation in this countries directly, rather than going on what aid groups show on their advertisements. People are in desperate need in several African countries, but the situation is very unlikely to be helped much by donations, especially in the long term. The underlying issues include exploitation of natural resources by foreigners, colonial-based borders that have no basis in reality, overpopulation, and corruption.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by dala View Post
    I'm not saying that those groups are all virtuous, or that the money ever gets to African children, starving or otherwise. However, it might be best to research the situation in this countries directly, rather than going on what aid groups show on their advertisements. People are in desperate need in several African countries, but the situation is very unlikely to be helped much by donations, especially in the long term. The underlying issues include exploitation of natural resources by foreigners, colonial-based borders that have no basis in reality, overpopulation, and corruption.
    Thanks for keeping it real. I just don't think the Red Cross is bothering to travel to the blighted areas. Or maybe they aren't allowed in. Or those images I've seen are file videos from who knows what year, so why bother traveling?

There's always something bad happening in Africa. But I don't know that their governments let any foreign aid through, especially if the ruling government is from one tribe and the starving people are from a rival tribe. It would be like the Reps allowing the Dems in the US to starve to death as a political strategy. Sometimes the situation is man-made, but the government blames the situation on a drought.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

True, it's good to do research into such situations and find out about any groups you're interested in donating to. There are certainly problems at the root which won't be solved just by throwing money at them. Then again, I think suggesting that the whole thing is a big fabrication...is a bit much.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

http://cozay.com/
    "Africa was poor, Africa is poor and Africa will continue to be poor if we the Africans are not ready to change Africa. Africa will remain poor if Africans are not ready to make Africa rich. There is poverty in Africa and there is hunger everywhere on the continent of Africa. HIV/AIDs continues to kill Africans in record numbers. Africa is poor and there is no doubt Africa is poor. The question is not why Africa is poor but may be how we can make Africa rich. What we can do as individuals or groups to help change Africa.

There is poverty in Africa but Africa has almost all it takes to be the richest continent on earth. The major problem facing Africa today is corruption and poor leadership. There are greedy people in Africa including our leaders who don't care about their poor mothers, fathers, brothers and sisters.
    Some people are too greedy and that is why Africa remains poor. People are killing their own brothers, sisters, mothers and fathers just to make money. People didn't care about yesterday and people don't even care about tomorrow. All they care about is money and money and that is why Africa remains poor.

All African leaders I know are corrupt in one way or the other. They come as saints and leave as devils.. An African president of a country is a president for a few selected people. An African president is a president for only the educated and a president for only those in the higher class. An African president sees no poverty. An African president sees no hunger. An African president sees no HIV. An African president knows no orphan.
    An African president shows no mercy. An African presidents sees only money and money and nothing but money.. Not just the African president but the African prime minister, the African governor, the African Doctor, the African Judge, the African lawyer, the African King, and even the African Pastor. And that is why Africa is still poor and that is why Africa continues to wallow in poverty..."
    One poor African

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    True, it's good to do research into such situations and find out about any groups you're interested in donating to. There are certainly problems at the root which won't be solved just by throwing money at them. Then again, I think suggesting that the whole thing is a big fabrication...is a bit much.
    Me? Did I say that? Did I suggest that? What I see in those ads are healthy children. Where are the bloated starving children of yester-year? The pictures I saw at http://cozay.com/ don't even look beyond the norm for African tribal areas. The ads themselves suggest the fabrication with their lack of visual evidence.

MBTI
    NICE

The answer then, Malcolm, is simple.

Go live there - and prognosticate about your abundance!

Bon appetit!

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Dear Red Cross:

Enough of the pretty little child images. Either put up, or shut up.

MBTI
    NICE

Little mounds.

Little bodies.

Like you.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by matmos View Post
    Little mounds.

Little bodies.

Like you.
    I see this is just your posting style.

No arguments.

No substance.

Like you.