User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    I actually like the idea of one who is willing to sacrifice alot of themsleves to help out the greater good, I find such actions admirable. Anyway, I still worry at the potential of what some stores could do; yes Toys'R'Us would never ban kids, that's absurd, but what if all the local food stores start banning kids? What happens when buses won't tolerate noisy children? That's what worries me.
    I wouldn't worry about it. Businesses cater to their clientele which means that they'll follow the money trail and families eat more than single people.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I actually like the idea of one who is willing to sacrifice alot of themsleves to help out the greater good, I find such actions admirable. Anyway, I still worry at the potential of what some stores could do; yes Toys'R'Us would never ban kids, that's absurd, but what if all the local food stores start banning kids? What happens when buses won't tolerate noisy children? That's what worries me.
    City busses are government run, not private buisnesses.

I think it's just bringing balance to the preposterous "children are more important than anyone or anything" mentality that has invaded this country. I don't know when this started, but it's out of control.

So you really weren't implying anything, just making a snappy one liner. I mean, if I took that sentence seriously it implies that you did something, but now I see that you're just trying to be smart.

Look, some of us don't communicate with 1,825 sentences per post.
    If those of us who post using fewer sentences qualifies as "snappy one-liners," then again you have jumped to yet another ridiculous conclusion.

The bottom line is: I spoke to the father. His boy shut up.
    It's that simple.

Make up wild stories in your head on your own time, kiddo.
    Enough of this nonsense.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    City busses are government run, not private buisnesses.

I think it's just bringing balance to the preposterous "children are more important than anyone or anything" mentality that has invaded this country. I don't know when this started, but it's out of control.
    I know that obnoxious adults get kicked out of places all of the time (especially if they are drunk, i.e. behaving no more badly than some children who I encounter while innocently trying to pick up grocieries!)... why should badly behaved children be special? grociery stores have special kid carts where you can strap them in so that they don't run around like crazy people tormenting other people, but I rarely see them being used. I would have gotten in a lot of trouble if I yelled or ran around bothering people as a kid- I don't see why some adults seem to think that it's adorable when thier children are bad. It's not cute, it's obnoxious

kids aren't better than everyone else- they're people too and should act like it

(and I personally DON'T think that people having a ton of kids is good for the future with overpopulation and such)
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    why should badly behaved children be special? grociery stores have special kid carts where you can strap them in so that they don't run around like crazy people tormenting other people, but I rarely see them being used.
    Today I was in the store and a kid was in one of those car-shaped carts. It looked like a big toy. I paid the cashier and as I began walking, this kid let out a scream that would make your hair stand on end. I stopped dead in my tracks, looked at the mother, and cocked my left eyebrow. That's all it took. The mother quickly said, "Shhhhhhhhh."

I think if more people gave parents "the look" or had a word with them, something might change. Frankly, I think shoppers are too passive about it.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Today I was in the store and a kid was in one of those car-shaped carts. It looked like a big toy. I paid the cashier and as I began walking, this kid let out a scream that would make your hair stand on end. I stopped dead in my tracks, looked at the mother, and cocked my left eyebrow. That's all it took. The mother quickly said, "Shhhhhhhhh."

I think if more people gave parents "the look" or had a word with them, something might change. Frankly, I think shoppers are too passive about it.
    i ALWAYS give a look, having found it to be rather effective so far in life! (it is also rather effective for controlling one's coworkers )
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Ginkgo

I'd pay for a child-free area in this forum.
    Even the sexuality forum has ice cream messes galore.

i ALWAYS give a look, having found it to be rather effective so far in life! (it is also rather effective for controlling one's coworkers )

I knew you were going to say that.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I knew you were going to say that.
    I rule those who are supposed to be in charge of me by giving The Look... EVERYONE fears receiving certain looks

when the look fails, sarcasm is the next step!

Ginkgo

I rule those who are supposed to be in charge of me by giving The Look... EVERYONE fears receiving certain looks

when the look fails, sarcasm is the next step!
    Your looks must be consistent though, or else the conditioning won't take full effect.

Also, bring a flashlight for those night time errands.