User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    No. That includes you, Jimmy.
    And you. You'll get over it. Welcome to my planet.

@ OP I think it's great to have more travel, dining, and entertainment options where I don't have to deal with unruly children. Of course anything can be taken too far and I wouldn't know how far is too far until an issue presented itself that compelled me to speak against it.

Also, I was concerned about the no-kids shopping hours at the grocery store in the article (for fear of desperate parents leaving their children in the car because they needed something from the store) until I realized that they offered a free supervised, play area for them.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I'm for this as long as it stays reasonable. To a degree, kids also need to learn to behave in certain situations, and they need to be put in those situations to test them out. I think age 6 is a bit high also....by that age, kids have been to kindergarten & are getting used to some structure. I'd say age 4 & younger makes more sense, as it's difficult to reason with toddlers & infants as they aren't there yet mentally; they are in the behavior training process still. I mean, if they're a brat by age 6, then they're probably going to be a brat at 10 also, but at age 4 they're still being molded.

My parents used to take my sister & me to environments not conducive to bratty kids (ie. theater) & people would come up to them & compliment them on how well-behaved we were. We definitely got something out of these experiences, exposed to things we otherwise would not have been, and it would be a shame to block all kids from such things when many are capable of behaving. However, my parents also had the brains to not bring us as infants or at ages when we could not comprehend why being quiet & still was important or were unable to appreciate the entertainment.
    I'd prefer to see people with unruly kids kicked out, but that's a lot more confrontational for the staff, risky for the business, and a disturbance in itself. Banning them is the easy solution, even if not 100% fair.

The first class thing is sort of a gray area to me too, because people with well-behaved children are receiving an unfair, negative bias. However, these are businesses, and if the demand is there & it improves their business & customer satisfaction, then it's really at their discretion. Ideally, they'd have a first class area with kids & one without, but that's likely asking too much.

I agree with those who are sick of the entitled attitudes of parents though. The world doesn't revolve around kids, but some people are not bright enough to know when it's not appropriate to bring theirs along.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Banned

The most important question: Should provide shops which are 'Type X' free zones?

Say INTJ Free zones
    or Say ESFP Free zones?

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by TheStarchDefenders View Post
    Methinks you are taking this to quite an extreme. No one wants kids banned from every McDs. Just places people are paying decent money not to hear some screaming brat and its lousy parents. Kid-free time is a time to unwind.
    But that's what I'm worried about; business establishments excerising their rights in order to accomodate with a mass amount of people who show little intolerance towards kids could eventually result in many social locations where kids aren't allowed at all. That places a serious burden on both those who have whiny kids and those who have well behaved kids, which isn't fair on their part. If it's just a few select and expensive social locations, then I'm not entirely against that, but I worry that average business could all start atopting the same set of rules if it generates more profits from customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    What did I say that was so unreasonable?
    This:
    What fact? That you'd seriously hit a crying kid in public to shut him up?
    Nowhere did I state I hit a child, or even suggest I did. (Or would.) Your post is ludicrous.
    Clearly, you have the ability to jump to some pretty strange conclusions.

Banned

This:

Nowhere did I state I hit a child, or even suggest I did. Your post is ludicrous.
    You get my point ?

Don't bring sticks, stones and tiddly-winks to a gun battle.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    But that's what I'm worried about; business establishments excerising their rights in order to accomodate with a mass amount of people who show little intolerance towards kids could eventually result in many social locations where kids aren't allowed at all. That places a serious burden on both those who have whiny kids and those who have well behaved kids, which isn't fair on their part. If it's just a few select and expensive social locations, then I'm not entirely against that, but I worry that average business could all start atopting the same set of rules if it generates more profits from customers.
    Don't be absurd. We live in a culture that worships children and youth. This will likely bring some balance to the hysteria. "For the children" has become so overused that you'd think people have no life, mind, goals, or jobs of their own outside of wanting to be a parent. I'm terrified of people who want nothing for themselves and everything for their kids. I think "what the hell is wrong with you?"

Don't worry your pretty little head that businesses like McDonald's or Toys R Us or numerous other low-income chains like Wal-Mart would ban kids. They depend to much on the youth market for $$$.

Your position is more than a little paranoid.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

This:

Nowhere did I state I hit a child, or even suggest I did. Your post is ludicrous.
    So you really weren't implying anything, just making a snappy one liner. I mean, if I took that sentence seriously it implies that you did something, but now I see that you're just trying to be smart.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Don't be absurd. We live in a culture that worships children and youth. This will likely bring some balance to the hysteria. "For the children" has become so overused that you'd think people have no life, mind, goals, or jobs of their own outside of wanting to be a parent. I'm terrified of people who want nothing for themselves and everything for their kids. I think "what the hell is wrong with you?"

Don't worry your pretty little head that businesses like McDonald's or Toys R Us or numerous other low-income chains like Wal-Mart would ban kids. They depend to much on the youth market for $$$.

Your position is more than a little paranoid.
    I actually like the idea of one who is willing to sacrifice alot of themsleves to help out the greater good, I find such actions admirable. Anyway, I still worry at the potential of what some stores could do; yes Toys'R'Us would never ban kids, that's absurd, but what if all the local food stores start banning kids? What happens when buses won't tolerate noisy children? That's what worries me.