User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

As a childless single person - Why should I have to deal with other people's screaming kids in public. If the parent does something, thats fantastic, but lots of parents just let them scream or even worse, they placate them with rewards for bad behavior. I work at a mass retailer and I am always annoyed when parents let their children walk around bother employees instead of keeping them with them (which is really safer) It is not my job to entertain someone's child while they shop. If a company wants provide me with child free shopping times, I'll take them. After all, these are actions ultimately done at private business establishments, not government buildings. The only reason this is happening is because its lucrative business wise.

And on your take Savage Idealist - Its not my place to offer advice to parents. They tend to get offended. Especially those who could use it the most.
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    What fact? That you'd seriously hit a crying kid in public to shut him up?
    Are you sober? Being drunk is the only reason I will accept for posting something as ridiculous as that.

Banned

I know, that's messed up.

He should kick the parent.
    Better yet, make the message clear.

Drop kick both in the face at the same time.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

a kid wailing in the grociery store is ANNOYING... like having an alarm clock going off and nobody having any sense to hit snooze or turn it off. I don't have children for a reason... I really hate noise (like the grinch, only not green or in hate with christmas!)... if someone can't control thier children enough to get them to stop screaming at the top of thier lungs in the grociery store then they should probably reconsider shopping at the really busy times of day when the grociery store is loaded with people...

in other words, if people were more considerate about keeping thier children from running around bumping into innocent strangers and screaming when they can't have everything they grab onto this wouldn't be an issue at all

I put up with enough childish attitudes from humanity from 9 to 5... I'd like SOME peace and quiet in my free time!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    If you would seriously hit an adult why would you not seriously hit a future adult?

Are you aware there are people in this thread taking you seriously?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Are you aware there are people in this thread taking you seriously?
    You value what the people in this thread think?

Just turn their screws. That's what they do to you.

Misrepresenting and distorting positions is a forum wide and staff supported activity.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

If you would seriously hit an adult why would you not seriously hit a future adult?
    I know, that's messed up.

He should kick the parent.
    Because in an argument, bad one liners are really want I want to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbows View Post
    And on your take Savage Idealist - Its not my place to offer advice to parents. They tend to get offended. Especially those who could use it the most.
    You don't have to, it's merely a possible option.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Are you sober? Being drunk is the only reason I will accept for posting something as ridiculous as that.
    What did I say that was so unreasonable? Please explain to me what you meant by this statement: "I did deal with it. Then the kid shut his mouth." and why you seem to think that you're "just stating the facts" (unless of course your only intent is to side step my argument with crap comebacks).

You value what the people in this thread think?
    No. That includes you, Jimmy.

Misrepresenting and distorting positions is a forum wide and staff supported activity.
    What's with the conspiracy act? The big, bad, mods are out to get you is your latest accusation?
    Change your username to INTJ123.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    Because in an argument, bad one liners are really want I want to hear.

You don't have to, it's merely a possible option.

What did I say that was so unreasonable? Please explain to me what you meant by this statement: "I did deal with it. Then the kid shut his mouth." and why you seem to think that you're "just stating the facts" (unless of course your only intent is to side step my argument with crap comebacks).
    Methinks you are taking this to quite an extreme. No one wants kids banned from every McDs. Just places people are paying decent money not to hear some screaming brat and its lousy parents. Kid-free time is a time to unwind.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Screeching children are annoying, but it's something I'd put up with in a lot of places because I know that some parents are constrained by circumstances that require them to drag their kids around with them. For instance, a single mother who works might have to pick her kid up from school and, to save money on transportation (or to catch public transportation at the right time), it might be better for her to go to the grocery store immediately afterward with the kid in tow. I'm not spoiled or entitled enough to demand that my ears not be littered with the noise of crying children when I'm in a public shopping place.

That said, in some contexts (i.e., expensive restaurants) I don't see any problem with recommending that people do not bring their nine month-old.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness