User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    It seems like a great idea to me, although it could be taken too far (I would say grocery stores are going too far - although it would be great if managers kicked out parents with misbehaving children, at least temporarily)
    I think grocery stores is going too far as well. I'd start with slow moving senior citizens.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I think grocery stores is going too far as well. I'd start with slow moving senior citizens.
    Ugh no its those hipster young adults who think they know how to go grocery shopping. They just keep clogging up the organic foods section.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by mavericknm View Post
    Ugh no its those hipster young adults who think they know how to go grocery shopping. They just keep clogging up the organic foods section.
    That's just because they're fighting soccer moms on cel phones for elbow room. :P
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by mavericknm View Post
    I don't see a lot of those. Half price lurkers can be banned from around the packed meal section.

violaine

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    My friend was telling me how it's common at one Whole Foods location in SF for women to cut in line and assert haughtily, "I have 3 kids with me!"
    I couldn't help but zero in on this. Lol. Better not ever try that at a WFs in NYC. There is no way that would fly. (Mistakenly cutting is barely tolerated there. I really got into it with a woman once who thought she could "mistakenly" cut. Pfft.)

I think kids are entitled to their own space in this world. There is one nabe I don't visit much in NYC though due to the militant Moms. Good for them and all but I don't want to be around that until I have to. The only place I think crying children should be restricted is in first and business classes on planes. Just doesn't seem fair. Ruined a trip I took for work once, got to the other end and I was completely frazzled. I did feel sympathy for the parents and child but ugh, seemed ridiculous that everyone else had to be inconvenienced.

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Yes. I'm ok with this.

I want this enforced in movie theaters. I will pay extra for the theater that doesn't have the screaming child, or the baby that cries every time there is an explosion because you decided to take an infant to an action movie. Actually, fuck the action movies. If you little brats ever ruin Kung Fu Panda for me again, I will end you. I don't care if it's a kids movie. I want adult-only theaters.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I would happily pay extra to sit in child free areas in restraunts and movie theaters! I hate noise and people bumping into me!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

I think a kid-free space where you have to pay extra is fine, but I don't think they should be banned, unless it's something inappropriate for them (i.e. R-rated movies, bars, strip clubs, etc).

I always have funny little interactions with kids/their parents on the subway or on buses or in the grocery store. It would be sad if they all went away.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by violaine View Post
    I couldn't help but zero in on this. Lol. Better not ever try that at a WFs in NYC. There is no way that would fly. (Mistakenly cutting is barely tolerated there. I really got into it with a woman once who thought she could "mistakenly" cut. Pfft.)
    My friend in Philly said the same thing. Prefaced by 'wow'.

I think kids are entitled to their own space in this world. There is one nabe I don't visit much in NYC though due to the militant Moms.
    Park Slope?

The only place I think crying children should be restricted is in first and business classes on planes. Just doesn't seem fair. Ruined a trip I took for work once, got to the other end and I was completely frazzled. I did feel sympathy for the parents and child but ugh, seemed ridiculous that everyone else had to be inconvenienced.
    That's a good point. I was wondering how airlines could restrict kids on planes but it makes sense if you are paying that much for an upgraded ticket for an upgraded experience and flying for business.

Amtrak has a new 'low chatter' car which is kinda bullshit in the way they enforce it. These two doods behind me were talking up a storm and on their crackberries but as soon as the ticket dood came he told my friends and I we weren't supposed to talk. AT ALL. It's not a total silence car, it's a LOW chatter car. Bah. But yeah, similar concept.

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    I always have funny little interactions with kids/their parents on the subway or on buses or in the grocery store. It would be sad if they all went away.
    It will never completely go away. Especially on public transportation which is too difficult to regulate in that way.

Hee - I just imagined parents with kids going the 'smart homeless man' route and hanging out on the bus for a few extra hours while they wait for the 'no kids' ban to end in the supermarkets and movies.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I would happily pay extra to sit in child free areas in restraunts and movie theaters! I hate noise and people bumping into me!
    I'd pay for a child-free area in this forum.