First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Ignite View Post

Not to get off topic, but do you enjoy any melodic death metal?
    Carcass' Heartwork and Swansong. A couple of melodic death metal/metalcore mixes, The Black Dahlia Murder and Heaven Shall Burn... I could never get into melodic death metal too much. I also can't get into metalcore, but yet I like those two bands and Converge/In Flames' newer material (but their new album sucks ass and needs to be destroyed)...

I don't like In Flames' melodic death metal stuff, or even 'classics' like At the Gates. The Haunted are cool, but they're more melodic deathrash...
    I have a (new) blog here.

You should do these: JohariNohari

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Anyone surprised?

Article here.

no, she should have went to rehab.
    btw not a good picture of her.

figsfiggyfigs

Sad. All I see is loss of opportunity and potential.

Addiction is a cold-hearted bitch and makes exceptions for no one.

Another star added to the Forever 27 Club.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Well, I seem to be the only one willing to admit that I was shocked. Its all very well to know that she was slowly killing herself but its another thing enitrely when it actually happens.

I'm a bit upset. I was a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    God really? That list needs to stop growing.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

Yes, I enjoyed her singing. And I like her because she had a sense of her independent self in high school. But addictive drugs have a life of their own too, and when we can give up, we don't want to, and when we want to give up, we can't.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer View Post
    Carcass' Heartwork and Swansong. A couple of melodic death metal/metalcore mixes, The Black Dahlia Murder and Heaven Shall Burn... I could never get into melodic death metal too much. I also can't get into metalcore, but yet I like those two bands and Converge/In Flames' newer material (but their new album sucks ass and needs to be destroyed)...

I don't like In Flames' melodic death metal stuff, or even 'classics' like At the Gates. The Haunted are cool, but they're more melodic deathrash...
    Gotcha. I never got into straight up death metal much, but I love me some At The Gates and Dark Tranquillity.

The Arms of Morpheus

And I must admit I had a fantasy of rescuing her. But rescuing someone from addiction only makes us victims ourselves.

The saddest thing, and perhaps the greatest evil of addiction, is that the best thing is to let the addict go to the devil.

We feel her fingers slipping from ours, we hang on for a few minutes more, in the hope we will ba able to pull her to safety, but addiction is pulling on her ankles, pulling her loose, pulling her down, down, down in a spiral of death. We see her pale, white body fall into the arms of Morpheus for the last time.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Well, I seem to be the only one willing to admit that I was shocked. Its all very well to know that she was slowly killing herself but its another thing enitrely when it actually happens.

I'm a bit upset. I was a fan.

God really? That list needs to stop growing.
    nah, it was surprising to me too. death always is though. it doesn't matter if you expect it, the finality of it is always brusque.

i liked her music as well. she had a lot of soul. she's one of the artists i can really say, i'll miss seeing what new things she comes up with. i'm glad she got the time that she had, though, and at least by dying at 27 she's going out on a legend.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor
    The saddest thing, and perhaps the greatest evil of addiction, is that the best thing is to let the addict go to the devil.
    no... the greatest evil is that it's like a chinese fingertrap. you have to learn to let go of everything that seems most important to you to break away from your addiction. the evil is that it makes you think that you can't live without it. it tricks you and your body. it's an illusion... and so much easier said than done

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Ignite View Post
    Gotcha. I never got into straight up death metal much, but I love me some At The Gates and Dark Tranquillity.
    Might want to try Autopsy, Dismember, newer Napalm Death, and older Entombed. Everyone seems to enjoy them.
    I have a (new) blog here.

You should do these: JohariNohari