User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 167

  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    me
    Posts
    234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I know that bastards gunning down kids at a labour party gathering makes me want to lock and load or draw swords.
    Yeah... it was practically an execution. Fucking sick. Blasting a bomb is one thing, but shooting over 80 kids who are completely defenceless right in front of your eyes is another. I would've liked to have evened the playing field.

    Quote Originally Posted by Within View Post
    He's a sociopath, it's a open and shut case. From the results of this ordeal one can surmise that he had a well thought through plan that he executed with cold rational terminator like behavior. A mass murderer with a agenda, that sounds like a terrorist to me.
    He did in fact target the people that he obviously dislikes. The kids at the island were mainly from the socialistic part of the political spectrum. The next generation of his enemies. What strikes me as odd is that they managed to capture him alive, I suppose that is a part of his plan as well. What he has accomplished so far is to put down the foundation for his message, later and for year to come authors and the media will pick up where he left off and do his bidding.
    I'm not entirely surprised that such an individual exists as this. The shock and awe I have seen expressed is interesting. The reality is, there are a lot of people on earth who are similar to this guy. They simply haven't taken action in the way he has. Lackng empathy+extreme views is a deadly combination. The most terrifying thing is that we can't put this down to one isolated "act of evil".

    Given he seemed to be taking out potential future labor leaders along with current political leaders, it seems to me like he was sending some kind of message.

    It interests me how in some of these shoot ups, the shooter ends up shooting himself, yet this individual did not. Smart enough to plan it, but stupid enough to get caught? there has to be more to it. Obviously his plan didn't involve ending his goals at the shooting scene and given the individual the police have taken in as the prime suspect is apparently, "complying" (like you can believe reports) I am also wondering whether this move to remain living, and be taken in, is intentional.

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    me
    Posts
    234

    Default

    To within- I will break it down for you. I quoted your post for the simple reason to add my thoughts that are similar, but not exactly the same. I'm neither referring to you, or directing a comment at you.

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hopelandic View Post
    To within- I will break it down for you. I quoted your post for the simple reason to add my thoughts that are similar, but not exactly the same. I'm neither referring to you, or directing a comment at you.
    I beg to differ.

  4. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    me
    Posts
    234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Within View Post
    I beg to differ.
    Interesting.

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    me
    Posts
    234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hopelandic View Post
    Interesting.
    Yes Hopelandic, very interesting.

  6. #66
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Within View Post
    He's a sociopath, it's a open and shut case. From the results of this ordeal one can surmise that he had a well thought through plan that he executed with cold rational terminator like behavior. A mass murderer with a agenda, that sounds like a terrorist to me.
    He did in fact target the people that he obviously dislikes. The kids at the island were mainly from the socialistic part of the political spectrum. The next generation of his enemies. What strikes me as odd is that they managed to capture him alive, I suppose that is a part of his plan as well. What he has accomplished so far is to put down the foundation for his message, later and for year to come authors and the media will pick up where he left off and do his bidding.
    Yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    Or it could be a reality-check. I'm fairly interested in his motivations, since he does not seem to be at all stupid or irrational.
    Uh... he shot a bunch of teenage kids. How is that rational?

  7. #67
    Superwoman Red Herring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,647

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post

    Uh... he shot a bunch of teenage kids. How is that rational?
    I think he means to say he agrees with many of the views of that right-wing, xenophobic, ismlamophobic, Christian fundamentalist mass murderer but doesn't want to be associated with him because killing 90 people in cold blood just isn't good style and goes a bit too far. Or something like that.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

  8. #68
    Senior Member lowtech redneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,705

    Default

    Somebody please tell me that Norway has life sentences (I know they don't have the death penalty)....

  9. #69
    The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None
    Posts
    2,565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    Somebody please tell me that Norway has life sentences (I know they don't have the death penalty)....
    No, 21 years maximum sentence for any crime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

    Narcissism, plain and simple.

  10. #70
    Courage is immortality Valiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE
    Posts
    3,919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    I think he means to say he agrees with many of the views of that right-wing, xenophobic, ismlamophobic, Christian fundamentalist mass murderer but doesn't want to be associated with him because killing 90 people in cold blood just isn't good style and goes a bit too far. Or something like that.
    It's not democratic conduct to blow people up and shoot kids. No matter how much I dislike someone in a political matter, I would never resort to violence unless physically attacked.
    On the phobia thing... Phobia is an irrational fear of something or someone. I do not fear islam, and I am not some ignorant farmer who don't know anything about it. I dislike that crap for very good reasons, I have studied religion, culture and history extensively.
    As well as current events. You also forget that my country, Sweden, has individual municipalities who take on more immigrants from the middle east than the entire United States.
    Your government is at least smart enough not to let the enemy come and live right by your bloody doorstep. They are from cultures stuck in medieval ages and you don't want them as neighbors, trust me.
    I've tried it for a few years. I started out as really tolerant, to be honest. It's not a matter of color or such crap, it's just a matter of islam vs. us. Islam invades, breeds and devours until there is nothing else in its new-found space.
    It is directly opposed to the western ideals of freedom, democracy and equality.
    So, I am just as against living close to blonde, tall and blue-eyed people from the Caucasus region who profess to islam as I am against africans or middle easterners who do.
    Furthermore, it has nothing to do with "phobia", it is caring for the continuation of what I hold dear. It is resistance towards what I see as evil.

    But yeah, what that motherfucker in Norway did was horrible no matter why he did it or who got hurt.

    Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

Similar Threads

  1. London Terrorist Attack Outside Parliament
    By Nørrsken in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-25-2017, 12:42 PM
  2. Terrorist attacks in Denmark
    By Olm the Water King in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-15-2015, 02:26 PM
  3. Terrorist Attack on Parisian Magazine
    By Beorn in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 02-14-2015, 09:36 PM
  4. What Are The Odds Of There Being a Terrorist Attack At The Sochi Olympics?
    By Mal12345 in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-04-2014, 02:42 PM
  5. Islamic Terrorist Attack in London Street with Meat Cleavers
    By Mole in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 05-31-2013, 04:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO