First 51314151617 Last

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    A good post.

How many non-elitist political organizations we have had? I do not know one.
    Jim wants to turn the clock, in Europe.

Back to the 20th Century. The time of nationalism.
    Two world wars, and the Balkan wars. More than a hundred million young people dead.
    It would have been a lot more.
    In each occasion, America saved Europe from itself.

The nationalists do not dislike EU because it is elitist. It is an excuse.
    They dislike EU because the organization is their stumbling block on their road to power.
    The rest of the world is fed up with European national wars.
    I highlighted the popular mistake in your post there.

I read the news and it looks like the rest of the world could only be fed up with European national wars because they are busy fighting their own with each other.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    These are not right wing ideologies. These are jingoist ideologies.

Surely a Ti user should be able to break out the individual components of the concepts?

I'll leave you guys to work out that yes, certain parts of 'right wing ideologies' are useful as are certain parts of 'left wing ideologies'.
    No. That's wrong.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    No. That's wrong.
    No. That's wrong.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

No. That's wrong.
    You're not original either.

Banned

You're not original either.
    Neither are you.

The competition is fierce here today. The logical arguments are astounding.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Dude could well just be evil.
    Hmm, I don't think so. He seems to have genuinely thought he was sacrificing himself for the greater good. And not out of some mad martyr complex either. He said he'd be happy if somebody else did his "work" for him and ad no desire to be a martyr but apparently saw some neccessity to personally murder dozents of people to safe western civilization from the invading forein hords (Turks at the doors of Vienna or something like that)

It would be comforting to think he ws just some sadistic bastard with an itchy trigger finger. But I am afraid he meant well and that he was doing the right thing.
    Sometimes evil is just that: a screwed up view of what is right.

He planned to spend his last day on earth with a hooker and some expensive wine and rejected is fellow "knights'" sense of frugality. I'm not sure what to make of that, but I find it interesting. He sounds very matter of fact about it. Sort of "if I have to put my life on the line to safe humanity, I might as well enjoy myself before I go" He doesn't sound eiter mad or evil. Just somebody with a very f*cked up worldview who decided to act on his sick ideology.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENTp

These are not right wing ideologies. These are jingoist ideologies.

Surely a Ti user should be able to break out the individual components of the concepts?

I'll leave you guys to work out that yes, certain parts of 'right wing ideologies' are useful as are certain parts of 'left wing ideologies'.
    Their stances are Right-wing. Jingoism says nothing about political views, merely forms extreme patriotism. Extreme patriots are more likely to be Right-wing, but I think that's a problem of being Right-wing, not being extreme patriots. The patriotism spawned from Right-wing values in all of those cases.

By the way, no one said that Left-wing ideologies are superior. You seem to imply that by suggesting Right-wingers to be ridiculous, I'm in turn suggesting that Left-wing is the way to go. You're wrong.
    I have a (new) blog here.

You should do these: JohariNohari

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    Hmm, I don't think so. He seems to have genuinely thought he was sacrificing himself for the greater good. And not out of some mad martyr complex either. He said he'd be happy if somebody else did his "work" for him and ad no desire to be a martyr but apparently saw some neccessity to personally murder dozents of people to safe western civilization from the invading forein hords (Turks at the doors of Vienna or something like that)

It would be comforting to think he ws just some sadistic bastard with an itchy trigger finger. But I am afraid he meant well and that he was doing the right thing.
    Sometimes evil is just that: a screwed up view of what is right.

He planned to spend his last day on earth with a hooker and some expensive wine and rejected is fellow "knights'" sense of frugality. I'm not sure what to make of that, but I find it interesting. He sounds very matter of fact about it. Sort of "if I have to put my life on the line to safe humanity, I might as well enjoy myself before I go" He doesn't sound eiter mad or evil. Just somebody with a very f*cked up worldview who decided to act on his sick ideology.
    Evil is as Evil does.

I dont care what his motive or thinking was, he killed a bunch of defenceless children, planted a bomb which would kill unarmed, unprepared, defenceless civilians.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Well, 'Islam' terrorism doesn't make sense considering the targets. I think this is just the work of a small group of deranged political extremists.

People are even thinking it's a conspiracy and it's orchestrated by western extreme political parties to influence political direction. But I doubt it goes that deep. Not to mention that if that were so, then the targets would have been different as well. Obviously. But people like to scream conspiracy I suppose.

Small group of deranged lunatics fit better.

Doesn't make it any less bad though.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Evil is as Evil does.
    That is a beautiful circular definition.

But for what it's worth...his ideology is as alien to me as are his methods. I was merely trying to argue an academic point and have no intention of defending the guy, his methods or his ideas.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari