User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

The whole connection of the Knights Templar, Freemasons or perhaps an offshoot thereof raises a red flag as it seems more of an act of an organization which considers itself puppet-masters of the nations which use these apparent senseless isolated events to effect national politics than the MO of a lone gunman.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

I've been reading the long version for what must be over five hours now. Funny how the excerpt features worse english than what I have read.
    But I guess the log isn't part of the actual publication, more like a footnote or progress report.
    I am really interested what this Knights Templar thing is. I am quite familiar with the history of the crusades, the organization, it's downfall, various theories of what happened later and the modern resurfacing of the organization as christian masons.
    Don't think that this supposed organization has much to do with old men drinking wine, doing backroom deals and performing mock rituals, though. Even if Breivik is a mason, I have a hard time seeing their involvement.

What strikes me, though, is that while he is rambling a bit (like anyone with a diary full of secrets they can't talk to anyone about) he doesn't seem all that mad, even if cruel/ruthless/zealous.
    I really need to sleep now, but it was some seriously interesting reading.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    Something in this reported account seems to be missing. Perhaps the guy went batshit crazy but it seems there is more to this puzzle. I can see him not liking left wing kids but its hard to imagine that they were at the top of his" to kill" list.

For those who think that if the max sentence for these types of crimes were higher (or even death penalty) it would have stopped this type of crime than they are naive.

There does seem to be some hypocrisy however when U.S. and NATO drops bombs on targets which are likely to have high child death collateral damage there is relatively minimal outcry.
    Absolutely.
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
    —Bonaparte

Quote Originally Posted by mujigay View Post
    He won't do this. The Norway shooter, like any other terrorist, had ample opportunity to go down during the fight for his cause, and become a "martyr". If he didn't, he ALLOWED himself to get caught. He has to have had some kind of reason to have let himself be captured. You just wait. He still has a point left to make.
    The only point he has, is the one on top of his head. It signals to the mothership...

Riva

These kinds of attacks (or worse) used to be commited by the L.T.T.E in Sri Lanka for the past 25 years almost every week. And the funny thing is Norway (who was involved in the Sri Lankan peace negotiations more than any other nation) almost if not always threw a blind eye towards those atrocities. And the international community was almost always silent. Didn't care much at all.

I feel so sorry for all those people who died (90 or so). Norweigian and Scandinavians and Australians are supposed to be (according to Sri Lankan diaspora) the most peaceloving, welcoming, tolerant, well mannered and nicest hosts. And I am truly sad to see so many of them die.

But, this was not a terrorist attack. This was an isolated incident commited by a sociopath. People of Norway don't have to be on the edge thinking how many people they know would die today thanks to a suicide attack or bomb for the rest of their lives like we Sri Lankans did for the past 25 years, because this was not done by a group of people but by a mad man.

-------

And Norway was the most supportive of the L.T.T.E. Verbally supported the LTTE, threw a blind eye towards their atrocities and to make things worse, financed the LTTE. And the LTTE was a terrorist organization banned by so many nations. So basically the Norway government supporeted a terrorist organization. And now they have been attacked by a mad man (some interpret it as a terrorist attack). Maybe now they would know what terrorism is capable of.

Wake up Europe, terrorist attack civilians, not only soldiers. And the LTTE used to do the same.

-------

But this is an isolated incident (as much an I know so far) . . Norway government could rest and forget the damage terrorism could do.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    They can slap on more years and in this incident with so many witnesses, you can bet they're going to layer each murder charge to ensure he's kept behind bars for the rest of his life.
    So then there isn't a 21 year max law?

Sniffles

I was about to ask if the guy is a Freemason, how can he also be a Christian "fundamentalist" - but apparently the Swedish rite demands that members be practicing Christians. Although being a practicing Christian and being a "fundamentalist" are not necessarily the same thing.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    I was about to ask if the guy is a Freemason, how can he also be a Christian "fundamentalist" - but apparently the Swedish rite demands that members be practicing Christians. Although being a practicing Christian and being a "fundamentalist" are not necessarily the same thing.
    See my youtube video on page 1. His religious/political affiliation (as portrayed by the media) is a conspiracy.

Sniffles

Seems Norway has its own Bible belt even:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible_Belt#In_Norway