User Tag List

123 Last

Default Breast-feeding Baby Doll: Weird or Natural or ???

Link: http://thebreastmilkbaby.com/

A new doll that mimics the act of breast-feeding has some parents up in arms. The Breast Milk Baby doll, sold through Berjuan Toys for $89, allows children to imitate the act of breast-feeding by using a special halter top that comes with the toy.

The halter top is made from a colorful material with two flowers positioned where nipples would be. When the mouth of the doll is brought close to a sensor embedded in the flower, the baby makes motions and sounds consistent with suckling.

My feelings on this are mixed. Your thoughts please... ?
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Breastfeeding is a mother's natural method for providing nourishment for her offspring, thus I don't understand the justification for all the outrage or why it's viewed the act as some sort of taboo to acknowledge it.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I think it's kind of cute.

When I read the topic title my initial thought was a doll with big boobs that could be filled with milk and be suckled on by babies. Now that would've been weird. I especially enjoyed a littled scenario that played in my head where the mother has to write down a schedule on a little task board for when it's babies time to nurse and when it's pappies time to nurse.

Anyway, after looking at the link, my fears were taken away. And it's not like they are made to respond to actual nipples or anything like that, because that would be a bit overboard as well. Although maybe a good idea for pregnant mothers wanting to train! Or maybe that's just the wannabe instructor inside of me talking.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

violaine

Lol. I'm firmly in the camp of creepy and finding it hard to see otherwise. There again, I was the kind of little girl who always thought it was a bit annoying when the other girls wanted to play 'families'. *omghowboringgianteyeroll*

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

How hard is it to understand an infant sucking on nipples? It isn't really one way or the other...it is just an outrageous price. If you are that uncertain about what to do...well, don't procreate.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

Don't feed it. Shoot it!

I think it's a neat idea, along the vein of female children getting a baby doll when their mommy brings home a new baby. The idea is that, along with their mother, they can mimic taking care of a "baby", without constantly bugging mommy to play with the real baby.

Mommy changes baby's diaper, I change my baby's diaper.

Mommy puts baby to sleep, I put my baby to sleep.

Mommy feeds baby, I feed my baby.

And, it's educational, and takes the taboo away from breast-feeding as something sexualized (WHICH IS CREEPY!), to something that is the most natural way female mammals feed their babies. It may also aid in early-shaping of female children's perception of their own bodies, and seeing their bodies as something BEYOND a sex symbol first (like, say, unproportional Barbie ).

Ginkgo

Someone buying that crap must be suckling some serious kool-aid as well.

It's perfectly natural to bang each other. Should toy makers create mating dolls?

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Should toy makers create mating dolls?
    I think those dolls already exist.

It's perfectly natural to bang each other.
    That's called sex.

Do you think breast-feeding is sexual?