User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    You've chosen to address the "natural" angle, through the lens of sexualization. And I'm following such a comparison made by you, to its logical deduction.

Thus, it's a valid question: which category would you place the dolls?

- Natural + Explicitly sexual
    - Natural + Explicitly asexual

(natural is a given in both cases, the variability is the sexualization)
    No, you're imposing the sexual implication on me to make a point. My point resides solely on the "natural" aspect. What's wrong with sex since it's natural?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    What's wrong with sex since it's natural?
    What's wrong with inbreeding since it's natural?

No, you're imposing the sexual implication on me to make a point.
    I am imposing "sexual implication"? You brought up sex, as a comparison to breastfeeding, first.

Why did YOU choose SEX, in particular, as the comparison between two natural acts, is the question I'm asking YOU?

Comparisons you could have chosen: You could have brought up eating (that's also natural). You could have brought up peeing (that's also natural, and I had a doll when I was a child that I could feed liquid from a bottle, and squeeze her arms to make her cry and pee).

Killing is natural, but, I do not promote guns as toys for kids. I do promote this breast-feeding doll.

So, I'm asking YOU, since YOU'RE the one to first bring up sex, why you chose SEX as the comparison of natural versus natural, in the case of breastfeeding?

What point were you trying to illustrate by choosing that particular natural act out of all the other natural acts you could have chosen, as comparison?

(My logical deduction leads me to sexualization, please tell me where my logical deduction fails, when I equate sex with sexualization)

What's wrong with sex since it's natural?
    This question starts from the assumption of naturalistic fallacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Within View Post
    What's wrong with inbreeding since it's natural.
    But is inbreeding natural for human beings? Based on gene pool selection, too much inbreeding would result in blacked out teeth and hay chewing, between puffs on a corn pipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    I am imposing "sexual implication"? You brought up sex, as a comparison to breastfeeding, first.

Why did YOU choose SEX, in particular, as the comparison between two natural acts, is the question I'm asking YOU?

Comparisons you could have chosen: You could have brought up eating (that's also natural). You could have brought up peeing (that's also natural, and I had a doll when I was a child that I could feed liquid from a bottle, and squeeze her arms to make her cry and pee).

Killing is natural, but, I do not promote guns as toys for kids. I do promote this breast feeding doll.

So, I'm asking YOU, since YOU'RE the one to first bring up sex, why you chose SEX as the comparison of natural versus natural, in the case of breastfeeding?

What point were you trying to illustrate by choosing that particular natural act out of all the other natural acts you could have chosen, as comparison?

(My logical deduction leads me to sexualization, please tell me where my logical deduction fails, when I equate sex with sexualization)
    I see. So no matter what I post, it must agree with your sexualisation point? Allow me to suggest something else. What's wrong with dropping your pants and scratching your asshole in public?

This question starts from the assumption of naturalistic fallacy.
    I ask you one more time. What's wrong with sex?

Banned

But is inbreeding natural for human beings? Based on gene pool selection, too much inbreeding would result in blacked out teeth and hay chewing, between puffs on a corn pipe.
    I guess you're right, that's an unusual sight these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Within View Post
    I guess you're right, that's an unusual sight these days.
    Did I misunderstand or what's with the Fi attack?

violaine

I don't have a logical point to stand behind beyond that some things are age inappropriate imo. I don't want my three year old in kitten heels either. I'm firmly rooted in the belief that any kids I have will be very grateful later in life that their Mummy didn't get them a suck-suck bib, lol.

Hmm, thinking about that though, would any of you let your sons don the halter?

Overall, there's nothing right or wrong about this doll. There's also no right or wrong with social interactions that abide by the law. More preferences where actions will cause different responses.

And my response to this doll is similar to my reaction with being forced to watch a woman breast feed in public. Distaste with no logical reason why. Same goes with watching a man scratch his ass or genitals in public. Or watching anyone scratching copiously in public. Or being forced to watch two people engaged in tongue down throats in public.

Dolls are intended to be humans. The mimicking isn't encouraging specific actions. That's up to the imagination of the children playing with them, in order to create fantasy scenarios.

This doll has an intent which is "led to" action, rather than allowing the child's imagination to work.

Overall, I don't have any logical reason why this doll creeps me the hell out. But then, I also don't want to watch someone else breast feeding their child.
    And this is my major issue with this as well. I'm not in the "but it's natural" camp even though I take no issue with breastfeeding (in public or otherwise) at large. I dislike the implications of encouraging little girls (via dolls with VERY specific purposes) to emulate the bodily functions of adult women.

I view menstruation as a natural process that should be communicated openly with my someday daughter, but I wouldn't buy her Period Panties that simulated menstruation with red corn syrup substitute that have the optional Disney-Princess maxi-pads accessory so that she could play grown up.

The concept of manufacturing imitation post-pubescent bodily functions is unnerving. I think children's curiosity about their bodies is totally normal, but should we really be packaging/marketing this interest?
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke