User Tag List

First 345

MBTI
    ENTP

The real telling factor here is that every time some kind of creasefire has started the Israelis have speed up the building of settlements. Add to that the gunning down of unarmed people and its clear that the Israeli government does not want peace.

The Israeli government does not want a "Gandhian" approach because that would eliminate any doubts in the international community as to who the bad guys are. Palestine has done bad things, it is impossible to condone the killing of civilians, but keep in mind what drove them to do that.

http://www.paltelegraph.com/palestin...rotesters.html
    http://www.alresalah.ps/eng/?action=showdetail&seid=364
    +10% Crit Chance

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENTp

I take it the OP is a Muslim.

I used to be a Christian. I used to be a Muslim. The one thing I wasn't... a Jew.

I'm going to break it down going far and beyond the topic of this thread. Some of the info may be looked as irrelevant, but keep in mind, I'm referencing (most often) the ownership of Israel. The thread's question will be attended to after a few things are broken down.

The atheist perspective: a long time ago, the Jews stole the land from somebody. A bit less of a time ago, the Muslims stole the land from somebody else (called the Jews). Finally, the Jews stole the land back.

What doesn't matter: who the land belonged to first. If the Jews stole the land originally from Moon-worshipping Arabs, that's irrelevant a few thousand years later. The Arabic Muslims stole the land from the Jews next. Finally, in 1948, the Jews stole the land back again. None of this matters in a modern context. It's not 1,000 B.C.E., it's not 600 C.E., it's not 1948 C.E., it's the Year of Our Lord 2011. The land presently belongs to the Jews.

What does matter: Israel, under the occupation of the Jewish people, does have a history of (since the 1948 re-occupation) invading nearby territories.

Why this whole thing is fucking stupid: Muslims are currently complaining about Jewish abuses, when the Jewish people were ousted of their land for over a thousand years. During that thousand years, the Dark Ages reduced their numbers drastically, then the fucking Holocaust happened, killing a whopping six million of them.

I would imagine that, resultingly, the Jewish people leadership have a vast amount of leftover spite for the Arabic people, but more specifically the Muslims.

So who's right?: No one. In many Muslim countries, you have children who are trained from birth to despise the Jewish people, and in some cases, actively trained to kill them and want to bomb them. You've got countries like Iran who, despite having a relatively high populace of Jews, undoubtedly despises Israel (or at least the leadership).

Now, to be sure, it doesn't make what Israel is doing right, but the simple fact that so many civilizations and groups despise Israel undoubtedly makes them a bit hesitant to just let shit happen. You've got about 12-18 million Jews worldwide, and over a billion and a half Muslims. Obviously, this is going to make the Israeli leadership just a little bit paranoid.

Godwin, Godfail: Comparing the Jews to the Nazis is not only highly offensive and inaccurate, but absolutely sick. The Jews may be committing military atrocities, but military atrocities do not compare to the systematic extermination, medical experimentation, intentional starvation, gas chambers, and persecution of the Jewish people (and various other groups) under the Nazi empire.

So fucking cut that shit out if you want to make a point. No one is going to take you seriously by declaring Godwin on the largest group of people persecuted by the Nazis.

The Solution (Will Not Be Televised)

Blow up the whole middle east. Hit it with every nuclear dirty bomb necessary to make the whole pile of worthless sand uninhabitable for ten thousand years. I'm absolutely sick and tired of hearing people claim the Jews are going to be exterminated by the Muslim countries, I'm absolutely sick and tired of hearing about how the Jews are exterminating the innocent Muslims, and I'm absolutely sick and tired of the United States versus Russia proxy wars still occurring in the middle east, so blow it to hell.

Yes, the Jewish leadership of Israel should stop being dicks, but the Muslim countries should also stop being dicks. Either share the land, or have an international committee give everyone time to get out of the entire middle east, and blow it to hell. Seriously. This shit is ridiculous.
    I have a (new) blog here.

You should do these: JohariNohari

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer View Post
    The Solution (Will Not Be Televised)

Blow up the whole middle east. Hit it with every nuclear dirty bomb necessary to make the whole pile of worthless sand uninhabitable for ten thousand years. I'm absolutely sick and tired of hearing people claim the Jews are going to be exterminated by the Muslim countries, I'm absolutely sick and tired of hearing about how the Jews are exterminating the innocent Muslims, and I'm absolutely sick and tired of the United States versus Russia proxy wars still occurring in the middle east, so blow it to hell.
    How does this benefit anyone? This sounds like a lose-lose scenario

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    How does this benefit anyone? This sounds like a lose-lose scenario
    It doesn't benefit two immature groups of religious people who want to fight over worthless plots of sand. It benefits everyone else by not causing a nuclear war, supposing all the major countries were in on it and disabled the nuclear facilities present in the middle east beforehand.

MBTI
    INTP

Blow up the whole middle east. Hit it with every nuclear dirty bomb necessary to make the whole pile of worthless sand uninhabitable for ten thousand years.
    It benefits everyone else by not causing a nuclear war, supposing all the major countries were in on it and disabled the nuclear facilities present in the middle east beforehand.
    We can avoid causing a nuclear war by launching a nuclear war

I like what you have planned there

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    We can avoid causing a nuclear war by launching a nuclear war

I like what you have planned there
    The best offense isn't a good defense, the best offense is using offense as defense, before defense is necessary and ultimately an act of futility.

aka the Hiroshima Doctrine.

Banned

Former British Armed Forces Commander Speaks About the IDF
    Posted on June 13, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Richard Kemp
    Although not quite a lone voice, mine was certainly a very lonely voice among the many dozens of speeches endorsing Goldstone and repudiating Israel that were made over the two days of that hearing. This is what I said to the UN Human Rights Council:

During its operation in Gaza, the Israeli Defense Forces did more to safeguard the rights of civilians in a combat zone than any other army in the history of warfare.’

What was behind my comments?

*snip*

In these most difficult circumstances, the IDF commanders took unprecedented measures to minimize civilian casualties. When possible, they left at least four hours’ notice to civilians to leave areas designated for attack, an action that handed a distinct advantage to Hamas.

Attack helicopter pilots had total discretion to abort a strike if there was too great a risk of civilian casualties in the area. During the conflict, the IDF allowed huge amounts of humanitarian aid into Gaza, and even unilaterally announced a daily three-hour ceasefire knowing this would give Hamas vital time and space to re-group, re-equip and re-deploy for future attacks. (This, of course added to the danger to their own troops.)

The Israelis dropped a million leaflets warning the population of impending attacks, phoned tens of thousands of Palestinian households in Gaza urging them in Arabic to leave homes where Hamas might have stashed weapons or be preparing to fight. Similar messages were passed on in Arabic on Israeli radio broadcasts.

But despite Israel’s extraordinary measures, a number of innocent civilians were killed and wounded. This was inevitable. Let us not forget: Hamas was deliberately trying to lure the Israelis to kill their own people.