User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I'm actually really excited about this because of the concept. Yeah, a lot of them may be asshats and collectively have the intelligence of gnats, attacking both very worthy causes (Westboro) and unworthy (PS3 network).. but it's a new phenomena for a new age.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by knight View Post
    I just qued up youtube and watched most the material on there.

its really hard to believe this group is real, its almost like a dream. just watching the things they had done.
    thats where i'm at too. i want to see how far they go.
    Oh, its
    You

MBTI
    GONE

Anonymous is getting busted. Lots of hackers in Silicon Valley where I live, I saw on news of the crack downs. I'm super paranoid so I won't say anything else.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Just goes to show what a lot of house bound virgins there are willing to mess up my and everyone elses day.

The condensed post: Fuck Hackers.

Lol, oh anonymous. 2MGET WAS MINE.

**▲
    ▲*▲

OH NOES!

I just find it heavily amusing that a collective of 4chan itself centralized around complaining of world stupidity have actually managed to turn it into an actualized product.

What they've done is the equivelent of Barack Obama making an announcement about hating white people because they kill presidents. Having the entire white race start an uproar about his racism and then him actually being shot by a white person. It's like, wow.

At one point 'anonymous' used to be ridiculed and called emo for saying the mainstream world was stupid and now have international news coverage that makes them out to be some sort of underground, anti-government task force proving it and what's even more shocking is that eventually the more coverage they get from clueless media the more they actually will become an anti-government task force and they're still sticking to their original motive which of course is 'the lulz'.

Yes, they're all a bunch of teenage turds that smell like poop and eat too much and watch anime and are virgins but it's much more than that.

A bunch of fifteen year olds have managed to inject themselves as a relevant and feared terrorist threat that actually has some parents quaking in their boots.

Say what you want but it's like a huge game of kids versus adults and at the moment it's sad to say that the children are actually winning.

UMAD?

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    If they're against centralized power, then they have no head of command. If they have no head of command, they are as directionless as krill or plankton. Therefore, they have no reason other than to bang pots and pans in their attempts to be heard, even for only a brief second. Just a nuisance that disperses when swatted at.
    There's a few adults in command of the children that jump upon any bandwagon they construct. There are no strict heads of command but there's a an established group of chiefs/overlords and they're the only ones that will likely come to any sort of punishment. None of it will ever truly be worth it and no reward will come to any of them. But we all know this of course. The true weakness behind them is the fact there's no identifiable leader which means someone could pose as a leader and lead everyone into a trap where IPs and locations are discovered and reasonable sentences administered to those who've caused any actual damages.

The trick to fully eradicating them would lie in not giving them attention or coverage. Being ronery basement dwelling outcasts it's what they initially want and thrive off outside of 'the lulz'.
    Veni, Vidi, Cessi.

Timeline of events involving Anonymous per Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timelin...ving_Anonymous

Apparently they took out CBS.com yesterday. They also took out UniversalMusic.com, multiple Brazilian websites (government and private industry), and Vivendi.

Is anyone else concerned about their activities?
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    Timeline of events involving Anonymous per Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timelin...ving_Anonymous

Apparently they took out CBS.com yesterday. They also took out UniversalMusic.com, multiple Brazilian websites (government and private industry), and Vivendi.

They did it after megaupload was token over by the feds, pretty much the day after the internet revolt.

Aside from that, they downed multiple media businesses and even went after the FBI.

@.@

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=1#post1772271

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Do people actually use CBS.com? What's the point of making it unreachable for a while? If they want to make an impact on CBS, they should wipe all of their servers or something along those lines...real vandalism. Just making a site go dark for a while is as useful as picketing.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Not really.

What they're doing is DDOS attacks, not 'actual' hacking. Denial of Service attacks just flood a website with too much traffic, which cause the servers to be unable to handle it, and they close down. Most websites don't go down for more than a few hours. They're not actually getting into anything important. They're basically simulating 'too many people' visiting a website. It's child's play.

They went after the FBI's website right after Megaupload got taken down, and the site was back up within an hour.

The best comparison I have heard for what Anonymous is doing... Is that this is the internet equivalent of tearing down a poster.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    Not really.

What they're doing is DDOS attacks, not 'actual' hacking. Denial of Service attacks just flood a website with too much traffic, which cause the servers to be unable to handle it, and they close down. Most websites don't go down for more than a few hours. They're not actually getting into anything important. They're basically simulating 'too many people' visiting a website. It's child's play.

They went after the FBI's website right after Megaupload got taken down, and the site was back up within an hour.

The best comparison I have heard for what Anonymous is doing... Is that this is the internet equivalent of tearing down a poster.
    Agreed, I'd be more impressed if they were doing real hacking, but I have the feeling they're probably not skilled enough to pull that off. If they were, they'd probably have jobs.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."