User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 70

  1. #11
    Senior Member knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    9
    Posts
    409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    The strength of the group is that those who have nothing to hide, have nothing to fear.
    very interesting group of people

  2. #12
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by knight View Post
    nice
    Oh you edited your post. But I think I should have made my post clearer and found your retort quite justified so I'll still answer it. :P

    Obviously there will be bullying going on to those that try and cut them off. But if you don't have anything to hide, you don't have any reason to try and cut them off, thus won't be bullied.

    Either way, we'll see what comes from it. In a sense they are no more or less justifiable than organizations such as greenpeace and such. It's definately one way of protesting I personally can condone.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  3. #13
    Senior Member knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    9
    Posts
    409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Oh you edited your post. But I think I should have made my post clearer and found your retort quite justified so I'll still answer it. :P

    Obviously there will be bullying going on to those that try and cut them off. But if you don't have anything to hide, you don't have any reason to try and cut them off, thus won't be bullied.

    Either way, we'll see what comes from it. In a sense they are no more or less justifiable than organizations such as greenpeace and such. It's definately one way of protesting I personally can condone.
    I agree with you fluff

  4. #14
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    If they're against centralized power, then they have no head of command. If they have no head of command, they are as directionless as krill or plankton. Therefore, they have no reason other than to bang pots and pans in their attempts to be heard, even for only a brief second. Just a nuisance that disperses when swatted at.

  5. #15
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    If they're against centralized power, then they have no head of command. If they have no head of command, they are as directionless as krill or plankton. Therefore, they have no reason other than to bang pots and pans in their attempts to be heard, even for only a brief second. Just a nuisance that disperses when swatted at.
    Actually, they are not against centralized power in general, they are against power abuse and corruption within centralized power and seek to expose them in order for it to be impossible, or at the very least much harder, to keep doing so in the future.

    Isn't that a noble pursuit? :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  6. #16
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Actually, they are not against centralized power in general, they are against power abuse and corruption within centralized power and seek to expose them in order for it to be impossible, or at the very least much harder, to keep doing so in the future.

    Isn't that a noble pursuit? :P
    Yes. But that's not their only pursuit.

    If they have no chain of command, then they will swarm toward anything they see as a threat, likely making mountains out of mole hills.

    Refer to InvisibleJim ban thread.

  7. #17
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    Perhaps, I don't know the core behind the group so can't say how solid their direction is, only time will tell. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  8. #18
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Perhaps, I don't know the core behind the group so can't say how solid their direction is, only time will tell. :P
    You're so... Fluffy.

  9. #19
    Intergalactic Badass mujigay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    532

    Default

    Most people have absolutely no clue what Anonymous is. A former teacher of mine was absolutely convinced that they're a group with jihadist motivations trying to bring down the US government.

  10. #20
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    The strength of the group is that those who have nothing to hide, have nothing to fear.
    Yes as the ascendancy moves from literacy to the electronic medium, we move from the individual to the group.

    And in the electronic group privacy is abolished so we have nothing to hide and so nothing to fear.

Similar Threads

  1. Good grad program for non techie istp?
    By xisnotx in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-04-2013, 05:23 PM
  2. Just a few controversial questions for non spiritual people ?
    By Virtual ghost in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-02-2010, 03:58 PM
  3. [MBTItm] [For non-NTs only] NT as the love of life.
    By braziljoe in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-06-2010, 07:46 AM
  4. Rituals for non-believers?
    By nolla in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-23-2009, 02:37 AM
  5. MLK defence of non-violent protest and human dignity
    By Owl in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-20-2009, 10:54 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO