Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I wish that were more alarmist, but really, if you respond to every problem by cutting taxes, cutting social spending, and deregulating business, you're eventually going to wind up with a third world country.
    I think it's simply the truth. If you favor the rich extremely over the poor, you're going backwards not forward. I mean I actually agree with Ron Paul that the old-school kind of Republicanism was better, because it favored small business over big business, and he illustrated how medical care was also more affordable fifty years ago. On the other hand, I don't think he has all the answers either because he favors making university student loans less accessable not more, which is why I think he's a very nice man, but has some very idealistic ideas that would not work the best in reality.

My ENTJ friend was also here for a few months and wanted to go back to Russia.

You know something's wrong when people from other nations no longer want to stay here, but get away.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Have you ever read the debates on TypeC or anywhere? Ever notice how they get more polarised, as each side rebutts the other side? Now apply this to a two party system. That's why ideology by letter of the ideology sucks the big one.
    Ideology is nothing but propaganda.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Well I for one would like to see something that actually *works* as long as what works is in the best interest of most people rather than an elite few...and that can go either way. Both extreme statism and extreme capitalism fail.

It can be used as such since people will eat it up.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Well I for one would like to see something that actually *works* as long as what works is in the best interest of most people rather than an elite few...and that can go either way. Both extreme statism and extreme capitalism fail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    It can be used as such since people will eat it up.
    Let me elaborate: no one has the answer for how a society or government should be set up. In fact, this is an impossible task. Regardless of human beliefs, societies have a tendency to take whatever form their cultural pressures push them into.

What we call "ideologies" are for the most part carefully crafted messages that appeal to a certain cultural norm. The ones broadcasting these messages, however, all seek the same thing - power over others. What the ideological message does is justify the acquisition of this power, create an ingroup based around those norms, and mobilize that group toward crushing the outgroup for the sake of the victory of these norms.

Ideology is simply what Western state religion evolved into after the French Revolution and Revolutions of 1848.

Let me elaborate: no one has the answer for how a society or government should be set up. In fact, this is an impossible task. Regardless of human beliefs, societies have a tendency to take whatever form their cultural pressures push them into.

What we call "ideologies" are for the most part carefully crafted messages that appeal to a certain cultural norm. The ones broadcasting these messages, however, all seek the same thing - power over others. What the ideological message does is justify the acquisition of this power, create an ingroup based around those norms, and mobilize that group toward crushing the outgroup for the sake of the victory of these norms.

Ideology is simply what Western state religion evolved into after the French Revolution and Revolutions of 1848.
    No doubt that's how it's been shaped, to appeal to the masses. This doesn't necessarily mean that the initial thought processes that created portions of the ideology were intended that way. I'm talking about the seed, you're talking about the plant.

MBTI
    INTP

People should just vote for what they want

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    Americans don't even know what they want.

We have critically low civic literacy. The consent of the masses is useless if the masses never know what they are consenting to, but that's where we are at. An informed citizenry is what makes democracy work.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    It is too bad our system is a bland two party system.

MBTI
    INTJ

The system is down
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.