User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    ISTx

Default What's the deal with this headlining news story (Casey Anthony)?

Apparently I've been living under a rock, because I'm just now hearing about this story of Casey Anthony and the allegation that she killed her child. The jury found her not guilty today and it's apparently very big news in the nation. Is this another O.J. Simpson story? Was she basically undoubtedly guilty, but the legal system has struck again in an unfortunate "not guilty" verdict based on a technicality/technicalities? I'm too lazy to research the back story.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,1425780.story

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Nevertheless, the media and society will scorn her, just like they have O.J. Simpson.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Yeah, I didn't follow it the whole way through, but it seems like one of those cases where circumstantially it's likely she was guilty (it's kind of hard to imagine who would have done it if not her, and she had lots of reasons to no longer want to be a mother), but the lawyers failed to overcome burden of proof to the jury and they had no recourse but to acquit her.

(At least, that's what it appears to be without me really reviewing the trial records.)

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Nevertheless, the media and society will scorn her, just like they have O.J. Simpson.
    Pretty much, except she didn't have as far to fall from grace as OJ did.
    I wonder if she'll be the victim of local violence, however, considering her social strata.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Yeah.. today was the first I head about it.. people were discussing this at work. I don't understand why certain stories go national. It's horrible, but there are a lot of horrible things out there.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

I don't think the prosecution really had a good case for first degree murder, but I find it a little odd that the jury didn't at least get her on aggravated manslaughter or aggravated child abuse.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

A window to the soul

I wonder what type Jose Baez is...

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I've followed it a bit.... just for the past couple of weeks or so....
    It is REALLY a clusterf*** of details and this woman is a MESS.... I suspect borderline personality disorder, and her father, antisocial personality disorder. It came up in the trials that her brother supposedly molested her, and her father is also suspected of the same. Supposedly, the Orlando sheriff also got fired for having a relationship with her during the trials (not sure of the actual details), and her father actually had a relationship with a lady who came to their house to help find the missing child..... and the lady was interviewed. She said the father had sex with her, acted quite gentlemanly, and stole her money. Anyways, this is just the beginning of the entanglement of messes that have come forth....

http://criminalbrief.com/?page_id=17029 is an interesting timeline. Everything was so messy in the way this case was handled... the details are astonishing. Supposedly the utility worker who found the body had to call the police office multiple times to get them to follow-up on his findings..... one time, they said they didn't want to go out there because there were snakes. Unbelievable!

"The meter reader who discovered the body of slain toddler Caylee Anthony says he was looking for a shady spot to take a break along his route when he pulled over last August and saw what looked like a bag in a swampy Orlando woods.

Roy Kronk ended up calling authorities three times over the next three days to get them to come out to the area. When they finally did, nothing was found. It wasn't until last December, when Kronk returned to the woods to relieve himself, that he found a bag with Caylee's remains inside."
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    Don't tell me - don't tell me: ENTJ?
    Oh, its
    You

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    I've followed it a bit.... just for the past couple of weeks or so....
    It is REALLY a clusterf*** of details and this woman is a MESS.... I suspect borderline personality disorder, and her father, antisocial personality disorder. It came up in the trials that her brother supposedly molested her, and her father is also suspected of the same. Supposedly, the Orlando sheriff also got fired for having a relationship with her during the trials (not sure of the actual details), and her father actually had a relationship with a lady who came to their house to help find the missing child..... and the lady was interviewed. She said the father had sex with her, acted quite gentlemanly, and stole her money. Anyways, this is just the beginning of the entanglement of messes that have come forth....

http://criminalbrief.com/?page_id=17029 is an interesting timeline. Everything was so messy in the way this case was handled... the details are astonishing. Supposedly the utility worker who found the body had to call the police office multiple times to get them to follow-up on his findings..... one time, they said they didn't want to go out there because there were snakes. Unbelievable!

"The meter reader who discovered the body of slain toddler Caylee Anthony says he was looking for a shady spot to take a break along his route when he pulled over last August and saw what looked like a bag in a swampy Orlando woods.

Roy Kronk ended up calling authorities three times over the next three days to get them to come out to the area. When they finally did, nothing was found. It wasn't until last December, when Kronk returned to the woods to relieve himself, that he found a bag with Caylee's remains inside."
    Yeah, I read this last night, which is why I was unsurprised that the jury found her ass not guilty of murder today. The whole thing is weird.

I don't really understand how they could have rationalized their way out of aggravated manslaughter, though, at the very least.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    If that was the defense attorney I saw interrogating the entomologist... his questions were so convoluted and bass-ackwards, he had to restate himself over and over. I wondered where he got his law degree.

But apparently he confused things enough to suit his purposes.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft