User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Then it would basically be tautological to give someone the insanity defense, because a serious crime must mean they are mentally ill.

Actually, even psychologists are well aware that a sociopath is a different beast from a psychotic, and they are generally uncomfortable giving sociopaths that kind of defense.
    Yes, I realize that it's that way in the world of law. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist to me. I'm more interested in realistically knowing what happened (the truth), than what happened in court.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    Yes, I realize that it's that way in the world of law. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist to me.
    Yes, but... we're dealing with the world of law.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Yes, but... we're dealing with the world of law.
    LoL, no, you are. I am dealing with what's in my head. I would make a horrible juror lolol.... I can't go by the rules. If it exists to me, then it exists, and I can't pretend otherwise.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    God I'm so sick of seeing all this Casey Anthony trial and peoles emotional reactions towards it. On every message board/news comment section that I have visited people are raging over her verdict, demanding blood and retribution for what she supposedly did. I mean, I don't blame the masses completely; if there's full profe that she killed her two year old daughter than yeah, I'd want to see here dead to, but the bloodthirsty attitude of people pisses me off; thousands of children are dying every day throughout the world; curable disease, starvation, slavery, some of which occurs in this country, yet these people never seem to get passionate about that. No, instead the media turns a common murder trial into a circus and now because Casey Anthony is the most likely culprit everyone is demanding for her death.

Although I suppose it's not too surprising though; for most people follow the mentality of 'out of sight, out of mind', so thousands dying everyday doesn't mean shit to people, but Nancy Grace highlights a single murder case solely to boost ratings and her legion of sheep soon follow.

"The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic."
    To be upset over injustice is at least warranted, if not admirable, imo. Whether or not people are fueling their disapproval in a productive manner or not is the question. I suppose the difference between this case and the "statistic" is that people can at least throw money at an organization that's supporting a cause, which obviously is not an option in the case of a trial, so people have to settle with freedom of expression.

You are totally right. People are freaking clueless and disgusting sometimes. Slaves to the media.
    Bloodthirsty people never think for a moment that Casey is a victim too, and a young girl who needs help. Many like Casey simply manage to avoid causing casualties, but it doesn't mean they are more in-control of their lives.

Please do and free us from the misery of seeing her face for another moment.
    Even if a murderer can be rehabilitated (seeing as it's in the realm of possibility), I don't think everyone likes to rely on possibilities in cases like these. You have to ask yourself if they even deserve a second chance, if they deserve our trust. If you wouldn't work/live near a rehabilitated murderer, I don't think it's fair to expect others to. Far to many innocent people have been killed by repeat offenders That, is disgusting to me.
    To die would be an awfully big adventure - Peter Pan

INFJ ~ 4w5 sp/sx ~ RLOAI ~ Inclusion e/w=1/0 (Melancholy Compulsive) Control: e/w=0/6 (Supine) Affection: e/w=4/0 (Phlegmatic Melancholy)

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by lane777 View Post
    To be upset over injustice is at least warranted, if not admirable, imo. Whether or not people are fueling their disapproval in a productive manner or not is the question. I suppose the difference between this case and the "statistic" is that people can at least throw money at an organization that's supporting a cause, which obviously is not an option in the case of a trial, so people have to settle with freedom of expression.

Even if a murderer can be rehabilitated (seeing as it's in the realm of possibility), I don't think everyone likes to rely on possibilities in cases like these. You have to ask yourself if they even deserve a second chance, if they deserve our trust. If you wouldn't work/live near a rehabilitated murderer, I don't think it's fair to expect others to. Far to many innocent people have been killed by repeat offenders That, is disgusting to me.
    That's no reason to be bloodthirsty for her death when she hasn't even been convicted of first-degree murder, and for having absolutely no empathy for her whatsoever. She's just a 26 year old young lady..... What is this: The Salem Witch Trials?! To answer you, I more-than-likely do live near a rehabilitated murderer, so what? My chances of being killed by one are extremely rare, especially since I know how to keep myself out of harm's way. (I don't consider many that get out of jail, yet rehabilitated, or capable of rehabilitation.) I suppose it's situational, because Casey scares me about as much as the three kids next door lol... I don't consider her dangerous to me specifically. You're referring to career criminals for the most part, and even with them, my chances are extremely rare of being murdered by one. I live near one of the most dangerous cities in the country, and one person was murdered here last year.

It seems as if you are assuming that Casey is guilty of first-degree murder, and is set up for a career in criminal activity. Possibly, but I would think it petty compared to what has happened here.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Who wants to bet that baby-sitting isn't going to be her next career move?

A window to the soul

There's no evidence that she knows how her child died.
    The FBI found a heart shaped sticker on the duct tape around Caleey's skull. The sticker was similar to a roll of stickers found in Casey Anthony's bedroom. It's circumstantial evidence. No finger prints.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    The FBI found a heart shaped sticker on the duct tape around Caleey's skull. The sticker was similar to a roll of stickers found in Casey Anthony's bedroom. It's circumstantial evidence. No finger prints.
    Interesting, I hadn't read that yet.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

That's no reason to be bloodthirsty for her death when she hasn't even been convicted of first-degree murder, and for having absolutely no empathy for her whatsoever.
    I do feel there is reason to want justice. But I never said we couldn't empathize.

She's just a 26 year old young lady..... What is this: The Salem Witch Trials?!
    I don't think her age has anything to do with this.

To answer you, I more-than-likely do live near a rehabilitated murderer, so what? My chances of being killed by one are extremely rare, especially since I know how to keep myself out of harm's way.
    The odds of you being murdered wasn't the point. Just because you feel safe and secure isn't going to convince anyone else they should feel the same way when they come across a suspected or convicted murderer. Yes, your chances of becoming a victim may be low, but that doesn't mean anything to the murderers next victim. You're coming across like you don't value human life too much.

(I don't consider many that get out of jail, yet rehabilitated, or capable of rehabilitation.) I suppose it's situational, because Casey scares me about as much as the three kids next door lol... I don't consider her dangerous to me specifically.
    Whether or not she scares you is irrelevant. If she's guilty, people are at risk now that she's acquitted.

You're referring to career criminals for the most part, and even with them, my chances are extremely rare of being murdered by one. I live near one of the most dangerous cities in the country, and one person was murdered here last year.
    Those who consider Casey Anthony to be guilty, have no way of knowing if she's going to be a repeat offender/career criminal.

It seems as if you are assuming that Casey is guilty of first-degree murder, and is set up for a career in criminal activity. Possibly, but I would think it petty compared to what has happened here.
    If you were convinced someone was guilty of murder, but they weren't convicted, would this not upset you? If you believe her to be innocent, that's your prerogative. But many people don't... I'm one of them. That said, I think it's perfectly warranted to feel disgust over this matter.
    To die would be an awfully big adventure - Peter Pan

INFJ ~ 4w5 sp/sx ~ RLOAI ~ Inclusion e/w=1/0 (Melancholy Compulsive) Control: e/w=0/6 (Supine) Affection: e/w=4/0 (Phlegmatic Melancholy)

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

LoL, no, you are. I am dealing with what's in my head. I would make a horrible juror lolol.... I can't go by the rules. If it exists to me, then it exists, and I can't pretend otherwise.
    You're making things up. Theorizing. That's not what "exists".