Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    I don't doubt that she's lying, but there are too many unanswered questions. Apparently what works for dad with the crazy lies, she learned, and it's working for her. I don't know what she's thinking honestly..... but I don't think she pre-meditated murder. I think other scenarios are possible, but that one seems the least reliable. She is definitely in lala-land, if she was fluidly lying and believes her lies will work. It seems more plausible that her mind is creating a scenario that will erase the death of Caylee, because anything negative that she can't deal with, that's what she does. I think she might believe her own lies.

There will always be unanswered questions. But she boxed herself in with the accidental drowning story. When looking at her actions before and after the death of the victim, that story becomes highly implausible. The only reasonable explanation left is murder.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

One thing that confuses me is that everyone seems so ho-hum about the idea that they apparently let the girl die, then frantically tried to cover it up as a murder and didn't report it. That's the innocent account? Isn't there some kind of criminal charge that can be pressed for that?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    There will always be unanswered questions. But she boxed herself in with the accidental drowning story. When looking at her actions before and after the death of the victim, that story becomes highly implausible. The only reasonable explanation left is murder.
    I don't think so. I think she could've accidentally drowned. People don't act normal when stuff like that happens, especially sick people.
    She was already talking about moving into a new home with Caylee (this "dream" she had with no substance), before Caylee died. Then after Caylee died, she was shopping at IKEA for their new home, as if it was still going to happen..... that tells me she was actually acting on these "fantasies" she had, and not just lying. She was creating a fantasy world. Why? Who knows and will ever know the exact story, but I can guess it's because it was too much for her mind to handle.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    One thing that confuses me is that everyone seems so ho-hum about the idea that they apparently let the girl die, then frantically tried to cover it up as a murder and didn't report it. That's the innocent account? Isn't there some kind of criminal charge that can be pressed for that?
    I don't know FL law, but even if there was a criminal charge, often lesser offenses/crimes are swept up and included in double jeopardy. This prevents the state from repeatedly retrying a defendant on progressively lesser charges.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I could believe that she killed her child impulsively, but I don't think the accidental death story holds any water (no pun intended). That's still murder.

The molestation accusation is irrelevant when considering the legal case. It's a red herring (apologies to Red Herring).
    Yeah, which is why I thought it was a little stupid that they didn't at least convict her of aggravated manslaughter.

I don't believe the molestation issue for a minute.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

I don't think so. I think she could've accidentally drowned. People don't act normal when stuff like that happens, especially sick people.
    She was already talking about moving into a new home with Caylee (this "dream" she had with no substance), before Caylee died. Then after Caylee died, she was shopping at IKEA for their new home, as if it was still going to happen..... that tells me she was actually acting on these "fantasies" she had, and not just lying. She was creating a fantasy world. Why? Who knows and will ever know the exact story, but I can guess it's because it was too much for her mind to handle.
    There's also no evidence she was/is mentally ill. I'm looking at this case from the viewpoint and responsibility of the jury. All this other stuff you keep bringing up is irrelevant.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

There's also no evidence she was/is mentally ill. I'm looking at this case from the viewpoint and responsibility of the jury. All this other stuff you keep bringing up is irrelevant.
    ICUP is an armchair psychologist .
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Her lying suggests some form of mental illness, as well as the way she was acting after Caylee died. Those aren't healthy behaviors. At the least, pathological liar, which isn't reasonable either, since her lies have no element of truth to them. Therefore, it seems more delusional.

To me, it seems like saying a banana can't be assumed to be yellow, because there is no evidence of it. It's obvious that she is suffering and ill. Anyone who murders someone, for the most part, is.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    ICUP is an armchair psychologist .
    LoL, it's a hobby...... I get interested sometimes.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Her lying suggests some form of mental illness, as well as the way she was acting after Caylee died. Those aren't healthy behaviors. At the least, pathological liar, which isn't reasonable either, since her lies have no element of truth to them. Therefore, it seems more delusional.

To me, it seems like saying a banana can't be assumed to be yellow, because there is no evidence of it. It's obvious that she is suffering and ill. Anyone who murders someone, for the most part, is.
    Then it would basically be tautological to give someone the insanity defense, because a serious crime must mean they are mentally ill.

Actually, even psychologists are well aware that a sociopath is a different beast from a psychotic, and they are generally uncomfortable giving sociopaths that kind of defense.
    Go to sleep, iguana.