Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    I am not of a legal mind and don't claim to be. I listen and use common sense, knowledge, and experience in order to determine whether she premeditated murder or not, and the answer is "no". I have reason to believe that there are other options.

I personally believed that George probably molested her before it was ever presented, so it doesn't take evidence in court to make me believe it. The suggestion only made me consider it moreso.
    I could believe that she killed her child impulsively, but I don't think the accidental death story holds any water (no pun intended). That's still murder.

The molestation accusation is irrelevant when considering the legal case. It's a red herring (apologies to Red Herring).

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    God I'm so sick of seeing all this Casey Anthony trial and peoles emotional reactions towards it.
    Your honor, the prosecution presents Exhibit A on that score:
    [youtube="6EflikHDMpI"]Grandpa's not happy about verdict[/youtube]

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Your honor, the prosecution presents Exhibit A on that score:
    [youtube="6EflikHDMpI"]Grandpa's not happy about verdict[/youtube]

God only knows how many people in the country had the same exact reaction.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    I could believe that she killed her child impulsively, but I don't think the accidental death story holds any water (no pun intended). That's still murder.

The molestation accusation is irrelevant when considering the legal case. It's a red herring (apologies to Red Herring).
    If it works, it works. As I said, I don't see convictions as being purely based on court evidence. It's like saying a sale wasn't made because the seller didn't use proper technique.
    I think he introduced molestation because he wanted to get people's heads spinning..... that it would be a possibility. Once a juror gets that in their heads, and sees how nasty George is, it's probably hard to let go of, regardless of evidence.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

If it works, it works. As I said, I don't see convictions as being purely based on court evidence. It's like saying a sale wasn't made because the seller didn't use proper technique.
    I think he introduced molestation because he wanted to get people's heads spinning..... that it would be a possibility.
    Yes, that's why I finally decided it wasn't "reasonable" doubt. Just doubt.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Yes, that's why I finally decided it wasn't "reasonable" doubt. Just doubt.
    Even if you believe that there is NO evidence of molestation, which I personally don't see, then how can you be so sure that Casey is the one that killed the child? There were two other insane people in the house too, and one of them might've accidentally killed her. There are too many other options.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Even if you believe that there is NO evidence of molestation, which I personally don't see, then how can you be so sure that Casey is the one that killed the child? There were two other insane people in the house too, and one of them might've accidentally killed her. There are too many other options.
    The defense claims accidental drowning, not a killing. Why bring up abuse but not murder? That makes no sense.

The two competing theories are: Casey killed the child, or the child drowned accidentally. So to speculate that someone else killed the child is just what it is: idle speculation.

When Casey ran out of lies to spin, what she offered up was an accident, not another suspect. In short, she knows how her child died, so to invent another theory besides the two above is pointless.

Accidental drowning vs. murder. That's what is left.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

The defense claims accidental drowning, not a killing. Why bring up abuse but not murder? That makes no sense.
    Because accidental drowning is a possibility too. I just see other possibilities that haven't been argued, also. I don't necessarily box a case into what they tell me to believe or think about. It's not my nature.

The two competing theories are: Casey killed the child, or the child drowned accidentally. So to speculate that someone else killed the child is just what it is: idle speculation.

When Casey ran out of lies to spin, what she offered up was an accident, not another suspect. In short, she knows how her child died, so to invent another theory besides the two above is pointless.

Accidental drowning vs. murder. That's what is left.
    There's no evidence that she knows how her child died.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Because accidental drowning is a possibility too. I just see other possibilities that haven't been argued, also. I don't necessarily box a case into what they tell me to believe or think about. It's not my nature.

There's no evidence that she knows how her child died.
    Uh...

So basically you have the defendant, lying repeatedly to investigators. Then with her final story, the one she put in the hands of the jury deciding her fate, and you think she still might be lying... and THAT'S reasonable doubt?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Uh...

So basically you have the defendant, lying repeatedly to investigators. Then with her final story, the one she put in the hands of the jury deciding her fate, and you think she still might be lying... and THAT'S reasonable doubt?

I don't doubt that she's lying, but there are too many unanswered questions. Apparently what works for dad with the crazy lies, she learned, and it's working for her. I don't know what she's thinking honestly..... but I don't think she pre-meditated murder. I think other scenarios are possible, but that one seems the least reliable. She is definitely ridiculous, if she was fluidly lying and believes her lies will work. It seems more plausible that her mind is creating a scenario that will erase the death of Caylee, because anything negative that she can't deal with, that's what she does. It creates a "good" side in her mind, and allows her to go on living, believing that everything is ok and that she is a good person. I think she might believe her own lies.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype